“Another Pleasant Experience”

Courtyard by Marriott Chennai
Ranked #18 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I've always loved staying at this hotel due to the service received. Again I wasn't disappointed; the staff take the trouble right from checkin till departure to make sure you're comfortable and well taken care of.

Breakfast is always pleasant due to the customized service.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the right of the elevator are larger than on the opposite side.
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Chennai

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was in Chennai for Business for a day and decided to stay with Marriott. The overall stay was fine but there was some kind of commotion at night so I cannot say that i had a good sleep.

I had the food from the in-house Deli and i was really yum ;-)

Also the staff was very friendly and helpful, just a point to remember do not take Hotel cabs for travel as they are super expensive coz Meru took Rs 500/- from Airport to Hotel where as on my way back hotel cab was for Rs 1700/-

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Prakash J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed the meal at the deli.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your future visit to the city.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I would rate the Courtyard in Chennai as the worst hotel I stayed at in a month traveling in India. The hotel was very run down and the room very basic. Both the room and much of the hotel smelled musty. The room felt damp and moldy. If I did not keep the air running and freeze to death then I had to deal with the smell of the room. Check in was a frustrating mess. My room overlooked a cooling tower or some sort of hotel machinery immediately outside of my window and a slum in the distance so I had to keep the curtains closed. There was construction in the hotel and construction outside of the hotel making access a nightmare. The food was average at best. I have gold level status with Marriott, but did not receive any of the benefits, and after this visit decided to avoid these hotels in India. The only positive thing I can say (and a big positive) is that the service was excellent. The staff really did a great job and tried their best to make our stay as pleasant as possible. They recommended and explained food at the overpriced buffet and later when I got sick (probably from breathing all that toxic air) and didn’t want to eat anymore they even fixed me up some sort of liquid concoction as a natural remedy. It was very sweet and kind.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Prakash J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am happy to note that the team lived up to your high expectation to provide you with service standards on par with the best in the industry. I have taken up your concerns with the team and we are sure to take steps to ensure we are able to provide you with standards consistent with the Courtyards worldwide.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was my first visit at courtyard marriott at Chennai .
Spacious rooms and wifi connectivty is good .
Beccause of the Metro work it becomes difficult to get in and out of the hotel at peak hours .
Breakfast has also variety of the food which one can explore

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive words on tripadvisor. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in future.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I lived in Chennai for almost 5 years and during 2 years I almost lived in this hotel. They were at that point of time (2008) one of the best international hotels available in the city. The only piece that always was missing was the swimming pool. The rest is a good hotel with with good restaurants and rooms are standard like any other courtyard.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here when we went for a weekend to Chennai, the service was really nice and comfortable. Friendly staff. The food was not very great, just average. Otherwise a good stop over. Used the spa and very relaxing, we stayed in the executive suite with access to the lounge and we sure were spoilt for choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ArchNTim
Prakash J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am happy that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and liked the services at the spa. I have shared your feedback with chef about the food. In case you are in Chennai anytime till 20th July 2014, do try out our Awadhi food festival with chef Yunus Khan.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Right from the moment you walk into the hotel till you say the final goodbye, you cannot escape the warmth and friendliness of everyone at the Courtyard. Add to that the nice food, the efficient service, etc., and Courtyard easily finds a place in the list of hotels where you receive more than you had bargained for.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to let us know that the team took care of you during your stay. I hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Prakash