Beneath an unassuming and plain exterior facade is hidden a modern and sophisticated business hotel, with efficient and poilte service, good food, and comfortable rooms. The 4-star Courtyard By Marriott is positioned as a business travel hotel, with mid-range pricing, comfortable and spacious rooms, and free internet access. While Courtyard By Marriott primarily caters to business travellers, it's also suitable for families, though the amenities are rather lacking.
While the exterior of Courtyard By Marriott is plain, with not much distinctive features, the interior is nicely designed. Decor and ambience reflects the chic sophistication of a business centre, with warm colours, clean lines, and a neat layout. However, I did find it irritating that the main reception desk as well as 1 lift were partially blocked by pillars.
The Deluxe Room in Courtyard By Marriott is spacious and comfortably furnished, with a 25-inch LCD TV, sofa, work desk, marble bathtub, 2 large single beds, and free broadband internet access or free wi-fi. While the view is rather lacking, I like that the bathroom is clean and fully equipped, and the floor length mirror near the door added to the overall ambience.
The Paprika Coffee House in Courtyard By Marriott has good food, and a choice of a buffet spread or ala-carte. While the buffet spread has quite a range of options, the ala-carte menu is rather limited. The food here is tasty and well-prepared, although I find that the Indian dishes tend to be much better than the Western or Asian dishes. Paprika Coffee House is also the place for the food for room service is prepared, and the menu for room service is the same limited ala-carte menu. I also like that they are open 24 hours daily.
I like the professional and efficient service at Courtyard By Marriott. Staff are friendly, polite, helpful and carry out requests quickly. They make the effort to ensure that your stay at Courtyard By Marriott is as comfortable as possible.
Facilities & Activities
Courtyard By Marriott is designed for business, as such, they have plentiful conference and meeting rooms available, some of which are used to host a weekly bazaar. The health club gym has adequate equipment for working out, and the spa offers a wide range of massage and beauty services. But beyond this, there isn't much facilities in Courtyard By Marriott... And it has no swimming pool. Activities for families are also minimal, but the central location of Courtyard By Marriott means it's quite convienent and accessible to travel to nearby shopping malls or tourist attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle into your home away from home in Chennai! We welcome you with 4-star hotel accommodations and a range of thoughtful amenities here at the Courtyard Chennai. Situated in the heart of the city's central business district, our hotel is perfect for business travelers, as well as relaxing getaways. Stylish and modern rooms, suites, and apartments include flat-screen TVs, high-speed Internet access, and plush bedding, as well as marble bathrooms with bathtub/shower combinations. Additional hotel perks include a 24-hour fitness center and delicious on-site dining at one of our several eateries. If you're planning an event in Chennai, you'll be delighted with our flexible meeting venues and state-of-the-art facilities and services, as well as expert catering. And our unbeatable location, just 20 minutes from Chennai Airport and near the US Consulate, as well as the city's IT and manufacturing hubs, makes getting where you need to go easy and stress-free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott and Booking.com so you can book your Courtyard Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Courtyard Marriott Chennai
- Marriott Chennai