“Expect less”

Courtyard by Marriott Chennai
Ranked #18 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I would like to express my feedback here as I didn't receive any feedback form. (may be i will get an email sometime.) I stayed here for two days this week but was not up to the expectations of 4-star.

To start with, it was all good, food facilities, room was clean and good. Later I found AC control was NOT working when I wanted to increase the temperature. It was constant around 20degree C. Well it was night already, but still called, engineer came and closed the cooling valve as I wanted warm. But unfortunately it still didn't work out :( Second day again complained, but still the same someone tried his best while am out, again had same trouble after some hours for me. Surprisingly NO service callback to confirm issue is resolved.

Also NO carpets even in front of bathroom.

Food was excellent. (tried South-Indian only.)

Room Tip: Check the AC controller. Though it has control, it didn't work for me even after complaining TWI...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Bonjor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is noted and appreciated. First things first, I apologize for you not getting our departure email. We do not miss out on this and this is a one off incident. We will make sure that this does not happen again. I empathise with you for the inconvenience you faced due to the AC control. Please rest assured that this will be suitably addressed. Do accept my personal apologies for the lack of following up with you to resolve the issue. We are glad that you enjoyed our South Indian food. Do let us know if there is anything that we could do for you. Looking forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Chennai

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent a period of 3 days in early october Courtyard Marriott in Chennai.
Location: The hotel is located very close to the major hotspots in chennai and has easy accessbility by taxi or autos.
Ambience: This hotel has a beautiful fountain in its entrance and the overall structure of the place is very grand and well maintained.
Staff: The staff is very courteous and polite. They catered to all of our needs.
Rooms: The room is well designed and comfortable. Huge Beds and very comfortable pillows!
Food: We had a buffet breakfast included in our room package. It had good variety and they prepare many dishes on request( just the way you like!)
Value for Money: The rooms were very affordable for a marriott establishment and we got our moneys worth.

The hotel is equipped with all the facilities any marriott hotel has. We had a smooth and comfortable stay. Nothing to compain about. Thanks marriott for making it pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Esha B
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear eshabhoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel in Trip Advisor. These words of encouragement mean a lot to us and I am sure will help us perform more and more each day. Your feedback on our service, rooms and food has been duly noted and I will make sure that it is passed on to the concerned team. Please do let us know if we could be of any assistance to you now or in the future. Looking forward to having you back with us at the hotel.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed with Courtyard Marriott in Ontorio which was pleasant years back. Recently I was put up in Marriott Chennai for just a day and it was very relaxing. The important thing which impressed me about their hospitality was the service and kindness of the staff. Wide spread of break fast options satisfy any person irrespective of their origin.

Room Tip: I was put up on the eigth floor and stay was noise less and relaxing
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank cbe_mohan
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Mohan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are extremely glad to know that you had a comfortable stay here and are impressed with our service. That is exactly what we are here for and I will make sure to pass on your appreciation to the people involved in making your stay a memorable one. Please do let us know if we could be of any assistance to you now or in the future. Looking forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

stayed in Courtyard Marriott Chennai again recently and still am pleased with my stay. Somehow, Courtyard Marriott manages to keep its level of service consistently excellent throughout my visit. The breakfast spread is fantastic...the staff is excellent,,,and graveyard shift staff still manages to put a smile.....

Room Tip: Ask for the local coffee at the entrance of the breakfast area...to die for!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank joey k
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Joey,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel in Trip Advisor. We are extremely glad to know that you had a comfortable stay at the hotel. This review has put a big smile on my face and I shall be sure to pass this on to those who made it possible. Looking forward to welcoming you back at the hotel. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you now or in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

As I entered this hotel, I was hit by the sounds of cutlery from the all day dining just opposite the reception. Not a spacious lobby. The check in was ok. The rooms are of a good size. However, very poorly stocked with amenities and you need to keep calling in to house keeping to get them, which of course takes around 15min to get to you. The Italian place was fine, the ambience though spoiled by live cricket on tv! Overall a decent place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Mr. Siddharth Vasudevan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We have noted your points on the amenities in the room. It would be great if you could let us know your preferences so that we could place the same in your room for all your future visits. Your feedback on Rhapsody has been noted. Please do let us know if there is anything we could be of assistance to you. Looking forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as I was in Chennai for business. Overall the hotel was decent. Clean rooms, food ok. There are 2 restaurants and one sandwich place. The food had some western options, but the overall menu was limited. However the (breakfast) staff was more than willing to make me something special if I wanted. I was on the executive package which gave me free internet which was perfect as I had to log on to do work outside of the office. The only negative I have is the air conditioning is hard to regulate in the room. If I lowered it, the mirrors/window would fog up from the humidity, I had to keep it on and the vent blew directly onto the desk/bed area.

It's a decent place for a business traveller, there was a business lounge which I went to once, it's small, has some food and drink, but it's more for relaxing than working. Good place to take a client.

This was my first trip to India and it was a bit startling to see all the major hotels have a gate for all cars coming in, where the taxi stops, turns off the engine and the trunk, hood and underneath are searched. Once cleared, able to proceed to the main entrance where your bags are put through an x-ray machine and each person is wanded. I learned this is from the bombings that occurred a few years ago.

Room Tip: Executive package, rooms on the 10th floor have access to the business lounge and free internet on t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank aabrams

Dear aabrams,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay with us. Your feedback on the breakfast staff will be passed on to the concerned people. We have noted your discomfort with regulating the air con and rest assured that we are working on it. Please do let us know if we could be of any assistance to you, now or in the future. Looking forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My Marriott experience has been good every time and so was it this time. The Hotel is located on Mount Road(Anna Salai) and is in the heart of the city. A very friendly staff and good food gave me no reason to complain.

However, the only negative thing was that since the hotel opens bang on the busy road and could get a little noisy(not in the rooms) in the lobby if you are meeting somebody for a discussion.

There's a Metro construction activity on the road in front of the hotel which could mean you would have to wade through bumper to bumper traffic to reach the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Surmen
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Surmen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are extremely glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback on the service and staff is highly appreciated and we will be sure to pass this on to them. Please do let us know in case of any assistance required from our end. Looking forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.