“Decent place for a business travel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Chennai

Courtyard Chennai
Ranked #21 of 386 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Pune, India
“Decent place for a business travel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

As I entered this hotel, I was hit by the sounds of cutlery from the all day dining just opposite the reception. Not a spacious lobby. The check in was ok. The rooms are of a good size. However, very poorly stocked with amenities and you need to keep calling in to house keeping to get them, which of course takes around 15min to get to you. The Italian place was fine, the ambience though spoiled by live cricket on tv! Overall a decent place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard Chennai, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Mr. Siddharth Vasudevan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We have noted your points on the amenities in the room. It would be great if you could let us know your preferences so that we could place the same in your room for all your future visits. Your feedback on Rhapsody has been noted. Please do let us know if there is anything we could be of assistance to you. Looking forward to having you back with us.

Ankush Sharma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as I was in Chennai for business. Overall the hotel was decent. Clean rooms, food ok. There are 2 restaurants and one sandwich place. The food had some western options, but the overall menu was limited. However the (breakfast) staff was more than willing to make me something special if I wanted. I was on the executive package which gave me free internet which was perfect as I had to log on to do work outside of the office. The only negative I have is the air conditioning is hard to regulate in the room. If I lowered it, the mirrors/window would fog up from the humidity, I had to keep it on and the vent blew directly onto the desk/bed area.

It's a decent place for a business traveller, there was a business lounge which I went to once, it's small, has some food and drink, but it's more for relaxing than working. Good place to take a client.

This was my first trip to India and it was a bit startling to see all the major hotels have a gate for all cars coming in, where the taxi stops, turns off the engine and the trunk, hood and underneath are searched. Once cleared, able to proceed to the main entrance where your bags are put through an x-ray machine and each person is wanded. I learned this is from the bombings that occurred a few years ago.

Room Tip: Executive package, rooms on the 10th floor have access to the business lounge and free internet on t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank aabrams
Dear aabrams,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay with us. Your feedback on the breakfast staff will be passed on to the concerned people. We have noted your discomfort with regulating the air con and rest assured that we are working on it. Please do let us know if we could be of any assistance to you, now or in the future. Looking forward to having you with us again.

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My Marriott experience has been good every time and so was it this time. The Hotel is located on Mount Road(Anna Salai) and is in the heart of the city. A very friendly staff and good food gave me no reason to complain.

However, the only negative thing was that since the hotel opens bang on the busy road and could get a little noisy(not in the rooms) in the lobby if you are meeting somebody for a discussion.

There's a Metro construction activity on the road in front of the hotel which could mean you would have to wade through bumper to bumper traffic to reach the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Surmen
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard Chennai, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Surmen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are extremely glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback on the service and staff is highly appreciated and we will be sure to pass this on to them. Please do let us know in case of any assistance required from our end. Looking forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Chennai (Madras), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Worst choice of food. The non-veg section is the worst, most of them stinking like half-cooked raw meat. if you are here for unlimited alcohol, then I've no comments. You'll get what you are here for. But, if you are here for some good food, please reconsider you have better options in Chennai. Except for the desserts and salads, there is nothing worth your money. You may well go to Residency Towers which is just 2 minutes drive from here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard Chennai, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear indianesj,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel. Your patience is highly appreciated. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced due to our Sunday Brunch offerings. From your feedback, it is clear that you are upset with the same and we totally empathize with you on this. Although I cannot take back your experience, I do assure you that I will personally look into this and get the team to start working on improving the quality. I do hope that you would find it in your heart to give us another chance sometime in the future and I can assure you that it would change your opinion. We look forward to have you back with us. Please do write to us in case you need any assistance.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

It was really comfortable to stay in Chennai Marriott. Service was great and the buffet at the restaurant was especially nice. I give it 4 stars because the rooms are smaller than the regular Marriotts in the US. The front desk clerks are helpful in giving info and communicate really well. If I go to Chennai again I would stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex R
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard Chennai, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Alex R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad to know that you had a pleasant experience here. Thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation. Such feedback inspires us to do more for our guests everyday. Please do let us know if we could be of any assistance to you. Looking forward to having you back with us.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've stayed in Courtyard by Marriott, Chennai for 2 nights with my family. In fact, this is our second time here and we absolutely love the comfort of this place and the awesome service. We were taken care to the best and ensured that all our requests were addressed very well. We've requested for connected rooms for ourselves and the elder one while making a reservation. To our surprise, we were UPGRADED to accommodate this request - since I was a Marriott rewards member. We were absolutely delighted. The breakfast and dinner buffet at this hotel was superb and we were pretty connected to the business area (and to the US Consulate too) & not too far from sightseeing options (Triplicane Parthasarathy temple, Mylapore temple, Elliot's Beach, Birla Planetarium, etc.).

Loved every bit of our stay in this hotel!! Will keep visiting for sure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard Chennai, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Stee1249,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are really glad to know that you had a comfortable stay here. These words of appreciation really mean a lot to us and am sure would help us in serving our guests in a better way. Please do feel free to get in touch with us for any assistance that you may require from our end. Looking forward to having you back with us again.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The experience starts with the unequalled warmth of the South Indian hospitality at the front entrance. It continues through the comfort and attention to detail of the rooms to the prompt room service to the truly exquisite breakfast buffet. To borrow the title of a recent movie, this is "The Best Exotic Marriott Hotel." Arriving at noon after an 18 hour flight, nothing could have been more refreshing than the ice cold glass of "fresh lime" that the impeccably dressed and groomed staff member handed me while I was being checked in. My room was spacious, extremely well furnished, modern with nods to traditional Indian colors and style, and technologically advanced. A fluffy white robe, a shower that could double as a masseuse if you set it for that, complimentary bottled water, and amenities on demand just scratch the surface of all that makes this an ideal place to stay. And the breakfast buffet. Oh the breakfast buffet. I love South Indian food. It was all there; dosas, idli, sambar, wadai, uppama, rassam, pooris. Then the tropical fruits, mango laced yogurt, and freshly rendered watermelon, pineapple, and tomato juice (yes fresh!). One day I went English: sunny-side up eggs, bangers, bacon, grilled tomatoes, hashbrowns, beans. Did someone say: Omelette? Or waffles? Muesli, oatmeal, cold cereals? How about fresh, hot donuts rolled in sugar crystals? Croissants? Fruit breads? Danish? And the Indian coffee, deep rich and thick with steamed milk and demarrara sugar. And all that for less than $125 per night. (Not including, of course, the breathtaking $28 per night luxury and service tax: but that's no fault of the hotel.) Oh did I mention the hour-long best-I-ever-had massage in the hotel spa: $40 with tip!!! Can you tell I loved this place. I stayed seven nights. Will go back the next time business takes me to Chennai. One caution: Avoid the "italian restaurant." It may have been named the best Italian restaurant in Chennai, but that only serves as a lesson that one should never go to an Italian restaurant anywhere in Chennai. Just saying.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Maximtoo
PRTeam1, General Manager at Courtyard Chennai, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Maximtoo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you again for the chosen words of appreciation for our service. It truly feels great to see such a feedback. This is the best forms of encouragement that will definitely motivate us to do more and more each day. We are extremely glad to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. On the Italian restaurant, request you to please write back to us on your negative experience so that we understand what we need to improve on. Looking forward to your revert. Please do feel free to directly get in touch with me on the below:

email id: cy.maacy.gmoffice@courtyard.com