“Definitely a recommendation”

The Accord Metropolitan
Ranked #29 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Munich, Germany
“Definitely a recommendation”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Very clean, almost European Standard, also the pool is very clean and in good maintenance.
Nice room, not very central Location.
Breakfast excellent, huge buffett.
Not very servant personell but professionell.
Noise protection was quite good, when the window is closed.
So: definitely a recommendation.
No nightlife in the vicinity, temple just at the Corner to visit (very nice).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank travellerfromheart77
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Rupesh Kumar Pandey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Indonesian first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very nice from start to finish. A great team with attentive management and staff to respond to needs.

Top floor Terrace restaurant was a haven, two great hotel beers from their own brewery (wine was silly price for unspecial offerings) and menu covering various cuisines. Wide range of things for breakfast - as seems the norm in India a cup of tea is stewed even beyond anything my mother-in-law every created - I had not thought that would ever be possible!

Transport reliable and flexible including waiting when delayed in business meeting and changing arrival time at the weekend at short notice.

Power sockets all Indian but wifi worked well (drop cable provided but no link via wired internet)

In the middle of town so journeys anywhere during morning & evening are a hubbub of traffic chaos. The traffic noise was audible on the 7th floor and the hotel has a deep rythmic thrum, I guess from air-con or maybe own generator. Since I turned my A/C off it wasn't specific to that.

Perfunctory security scan on arrival isn't worth the time taken but mostly no great delay.

Will be my chioce for next visit

1 Thank Simon H
Dear Mr. Simon,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with our services and this is very inspiring for us. We will also try to work upon the areas of improvement pointed by you.

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was in Chennai on a business trip and chose to stay at The Accord Metropolitan Hotel. The check-in was done so well and quick by a gentleman called Mr Ezhil and in no time i was in my room. The room was spacious and well done-up. The breakfast spread is very good and so is the taste. The service quality at the restaurant is excellent and I would like to mention names like Mr Pradeep as well as Ms Rinku. A fabulous stay indeed!

Dear Mr. Roneo,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed at The Accord for the 1st time. This is truly an excellent 5* property. Well appointed rooms ad bathroom. Room interiors are luxurious befittinga 5* ad facilities in the hotel are nice. I missed noting tat the heath club opens at 6am which is very good fora buisness traveller who needs to be out by 9am from the hotel. The breakfast spread is fabulous and caters to all tastes. Attentive and curteous staff everywhere. i got a great rate from a travel website and at that rate isis a superb value for money. Overall a place that i would like to come back to.

Room Tip: I always prefer high floors.
Dear Mr. Singh,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We choose a budget room and stayed for 2 nights. It was spacious enough to put another mattress. Three adults stayed in the room and it was very comfortable. The staff are very friendly. The room is clean and neat. The Pergola restaurant food was great too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Ms. Bavani,

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a couple in May. Like another person had reviewed the room we were given first was musty smelling. I was ready for that since I had read the review here prior. We asked for another room and the other one was ok. Room service was not a good experience. Food was brought very late and cold. Not tasty at all. I knew Chef Bhatt was at this hotel so I expected very tasty food but I was disappointed. Breakfast buffet was a very huge selection but we did not need all that. We eat very less and so we found the breakfast very pricey. There was one person who checked us in who was very very nice. Such a pleasant boy. I think his name was Christopher. Can't say that for a couple of others. Except for the food I am ok with everything else. If we could have gotten good food as room service it would have made us happier. And if we had simple lunch dinner and breakfast at less prices that would have made us complete. I did use the spa. Even though it looks basic and not suave the job done on my face was good. Good effect of the facial. :). No complain about the massage too. Will we stay here again. We probably will if we don't find a better place. :)

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank R A
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with our services and this is very inspiring for us. However, I have also noted your disappointment about the service at our In Room Dining and musty smell in the room. The reason for musty smell was the carpet in the rooms and we are already in the process of changing 90% of the room flooring to wooden which will be completed in a week's time. I would personally look into the In Room Dining issue and would take remedial measures to avoid recurrences in future. I am sure you will find changes during your next visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel is beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Though the check-in was a bit slow, the staff were helpful and always met our every need. The rooms are great - very clean and well-furnished. The view onto the road was not particularly wonderful but hey,ho that didn't really bother us, the hotel inside was great enough. The hotel is very close to the main places in Chennai, the train station is not too far away and some of the main shopping areas are just an auto-rickshaw ride's distance away. The food is not as you would expect of a luxury hotel, as it was not tasty and obviously the portions were very small so as to make the hotel look even more posh. The breakfast provided however was fantabulous, with so much variety that our jaws dropped. Overall, it was a good stay but maybe a little over-priced for the quality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madam,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with our services and this is very inspiring for us. However, I have also noted your disappointment about the portioning of the food and would like to assure you that we have already instituted remedial measures to avoid recurrences.