The Accord Metropolitan
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$210
$140
$184
$177
  • Pool
$87
$65
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$114
$102
Trip.com
$81
$61
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$151
$66
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$63
$60
Agoda.com
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$71
$52
Agoda.com
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$133
$112
  • Pool
Savera Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
$63
$60
1,015 results
All reviewsbrick ovent nagarrooftop restaurantvalue for moneyexcellent servicebusiness tripshopping areafive star hotelbreakfast spreadroom servicethe hotel staffmemorable stayexcellent hotelduty managerfront officethe heart of the cityin room dining
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here as a couple in May. Like another person had reviewed the room we were given first was musty smelling. I was ready for that since I had read the review here prior. We asked for another room and the other one was ok. Room service was not a good experience. Food was brought very late and cold. Not tasty at all. I knew Chef Bhatt was at this hotel so I expected very tasty food but I was disappointed. Breakfast buffet was a very huge selection but we did not need all that. We eat very less and so we found the breakfast very pricey. There was one person who checked us in who was very very nice. Such a pleasant boy. I think his name was Christopher. Can't say that for a couple of others. Except for the food I am ok with everything else. If we could have gotten good food as room service it would have made us happier. And if we had simple lunch dinner and breakfast at less prices that would have made us complete. I did use the spa. Even though it looks basic and not suave the job done on my face was good. Good effect of the facial. :). No complain about the massage too. Will we stay here again. We probably will if we don't find a better place. :)

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank R A
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with our services and this is very inspiring for us. However, I have also noted your disappointment about the service at our In Room Dining and musty smell in the room. The reason for musty smell was the carpet in the rooms and we are already in the process of changing 90% of the room flooring to wooden which will be completed in a week's time. I would personally look into the In Room Dining issue and would take remedial measures to avoid recurrences in future. I am sure you will find changes during your next visit.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel is beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Though the check-in was a bit slow, the staff were helpful and always met our every need. The rooms are great - very clean and well-furnished. The view onto the road was not particularly wonderful but hey,ho that didn't really bother us, the hotel inside was great enough. The hotel is very close to the main places in Chennai, the train station is not too far away and some of the main shopping areas are just an auto-rickshaw ride's distance away. The food is not as you would expect of a luxury hotel, as it was not tasty and obviously the portions were very small so as to make the hotel look even more posh. The breakfast provided however was fantabulous, with so much variety that our jaws dropped. Overall, it was a good stay but maybe a little over-priced for the quality.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Madam,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with our services and this is very inspiring for us. However, I have also noted your disappointment about the portioning of the food and would like to assure you that we have already instituted remedial measures to avoid recurrences.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Accord Metropolitian is a business great hotel and very centrally located in T Nagar. The rooms are very spacious and well furnished. The only negative is that the coffee shop is small and hence there could be a waiting period for tables in the morning especially if you are in a large group.

Room Tip: Incase you are smoker please indicate in advance and your room will be booked on the smoking floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ranjit K

Dear Mr. Ranjit,

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My stay was pleasant. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. The restaurant is open 24 hours. The spa was wonderful. Massage was very good. The food was great. Central location. What a gem!!! I will gladly come again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Sir,

Reviewed June 24, 2014

their service in checking in is terribly slow & they try to act polite which is very artificial and not genuine at all ,Feel too restricted with their unbelievable and unwritten hotel rules,probably my first and last visit to this hotel in chennai

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank ajar27