“Best value and great service”

The Accord Metropolitan
Ranked #29 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My stay was pleasant. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. The restaurant is open 24 hours. The spa was wonderful. Massage was very good. The food was great. Central location. What a gem!!! I will gladly come again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

their service in checking in is terribly slow & they try to act polite which is very artificial and not genuine at all ,Feel too restricted with their unbelievable and unwritten hotel rules,probably my first and last visit to this hotel in chennai

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank ajar27
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and would have happily given it Five Stars, if there were no minor issues. Firstly, the staff is excellent and very, very helpful. You will always find people stationed at Lobby and in the concourse who are eager to help you ! They have employed a generous number of people to take care of you so there is no problem checking in or checking out. The food at lobby level restaurant/coffee shop is good and the breakfast is sumptuous. I really loved my Idlis with gunpowder. They have a very good Indian restaurant at Level 1 which serves Buffet, but the course is widespread and the buffet dishes are varied and tasty. The top floor restaurant is ok but nothing great to speak out except the view and an accommodating Chef. We had a suite which was excellent and clean. We had earlier stayed in a room which was also very good. They give complimentary offers with room stay( I do not know whether these offers are restricted to Suites) which are generous and good. The gym is good and the Spa is Ok but not great( there seemed to be shortage of staff; particularly ladies) although the rates are not very high. We felt very comfortable and satisfied during our 4 days stay and they allowed us late checkout without any fuss. Now for the problems : 1. Within a short time of our check in, the room was flooded near the entrance from severe dripping from false wooden ceiling near door and we could not move out. But within 5 minutes of reporting the service technician attended the matter of blockage of AC drainage. Although, it took more than half hour to repair and to mop the room entrance and corridor outside the room which delayed us. 2. They have provided remote control for lighting in the Suite and there are no light switches. The remote was not functioning properly and just conked off in the evening with the result that we could not switch of any light to sleep. As usual a complaint brought the technician but he was unable to do any thing to switch off the light( it seems that they have outsourced these electrical matters) with the result that we had to remove room key( switching off all lights) to go to sleep. It stressed us as they had no modus to override this light problem. 3. They had given us the complimentary 1+1 drinks coupon for Domestic Liquor(IMFL). When I asked for Black Dog( which is bottled in India and mentioned as 'Domestic' liquor in their menu card) they refused to serve me saying that it is not IMFL. I have a Life time permit and I know what is the IMFL but the Waiter kept on arguing with me and I had to call the Manager. The Manager was conciliatory but this haggling had ruined our appetite with the result that we left uneaten, most of the portions of food ordered.
I had left my costly Pen at Taj Fisherman's Cove ,Covelong, during my earlier stay and asked them to courier the same to me at this hotel address but the courier took long time and delivered after I had left then Hotel. The front desk staff, of Accord Metropolitan, took care to email me the receipt of my Pen and also took pains to resend it to my Mumbai address, which I really appreciate. Overall ,it was pleasant stay despite the hiccups and the positives outnumbered the negatives.

Room Tip: If you are given a room with remote control light switches ; please ask the bell boy to explain you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with our services and this is very inspiring for us. However, I have also noted your disappointment about some of the issues and would like to assure you that we have already instituted remedial measures to avoid recurrences in future.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Wonderful hotel in the Middle of the town, Nice Lobby, with friendly staffs, food are delicious, Nice Gym and swimming pool, Rooms are big in size with writing table, full bath, coffee machine, value for money,

Room Tip: City View Room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Mr. Meeran,

Reviewed June 18, 2014

It was a very nice evening in the Sapphire Hall of Accord, so cute and compact hall housing around 150 guests. I had been there with my wife and son to celebrate the wedding reception of my niece on 8th June. The hotel is situated in a center area and well connected. I really enjoyed food served there, it was so delicious, the buffet was really mouth watering. The lobby is well housed and decorated with fresh rare varieties of flowers. The one thing missing in the lobby was inadequate furniture. Having so many halls and restaurants it is insufficient to accommodate the guests during the function. The hospitality shown by the staff was very warm and kind. Accordingly the winner of one of the best hotel in Chennai.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Ganesan,

Greetings from The Accord Metropolitan, Chennai!

Thank you for dining with us and giving your valuable feedback.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Been to this hotel for a dinner at roof top. Awesome food was provided there. I can see the people working around are so courteous and helpful. Regarding the food. Needless to say, they are at very best quality and good number of varieties. Planning to go there another couple of times. When we visit a place multiple times, we will know its quality much more.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Mr. Rajthilak,

Greetings from The Accord Metropolitan, Chennai!

Thank you for visiting Pergola, the roof top dining restaurant and giving your valuable feedback.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had a great time at this hotel. Nothing bad, all is great! Very very clean hotel, good internet connectivity, very friendly and attentive staffs. The room was simply amazing. It was so comfortable and so is the bathroom which is very clean and well equipped with all the needs.
Breakfast buffet is good, with a generous spread of variety of dishes. No regrets, just glad that i stayed in this hotel. Definitely worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business