“Good property in the centre of the city”

The Accord Metropolitan
Ranked #29 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Location of the hotel is the best, right in the centre of the city in T nagar. The moment to enter you get that 5 star feeling. very nice place to stay. rooms are spacious and very cozy. spa services are also good. food served is also very good. All in all a very good place to stay in chennai.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have a good view of the city
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel, especially the staff and food, are truly inspiring.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a week with three kids. We had interconnecting rooms and they were up to a good standard. The breakfast was good with plenty of choice although we regularly had to wait for things to be filled up.
The pool was large enough and offered a good shade from the sun. Do remember your swimcap (or buy one there for rp100) as they will not let you swim without.
The hotel offers a nice roof top terrace for a late evening cocktail. Do try that.
The only comments to the hotel is that the water sometimes came out brownish out of the tap so do brush your teeth with mineral water ( of which you get plenty complimentary) and the matresses could be better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had been to the restaurants in here, in fact I was even planning to buy their loyalty card and hence booked this for my friends from Malaysia.

Room was decent, clean and tidy. My experience started with the front office as one of our friend had come to visit us. The room manual says that the guests who accompany to your room should be registered at the front office, but the person at the front office refused to even register. My friend was an executive from a MNC, very neatly dressed with a laptop.What bothered me was the arrogant attitude of this person, when I wanted to talk to the manager, the manager just like that ignored and walked away. I have not experienced something like this before in any part of the world - a responsible manager shrugging himself and walking off.

It took 3 hours for them to clear the plates we had for dinner. And only when I shouted at them I was given my towels.

I also would like to note that our experience at their bar Zodiac was good and the staff were very good.

Food was good, but very expensive for this category of hotels, for example a club sandwich costs nearly Rs. 500, when the stay itself costs me less that Rs. 500

I sincerely feel with this kind of property at the heart of the city, it could be one of the best. I seriously suggest that the management conducts some kind of HR training sessions for the employees at least for the front office :-(

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ChennaiChandramohan
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

I have noted your disappointment about the front desk staff behaviour and delayed clearance and will make sure necessary steps are taken to avoid recurrences in future. As far as allowing any visitor in the room is concerned, security of the guests is our topmost priority. This is exactly the reason why we allow only pre registered guests to go to the guest floors. We normally allocate the rooms on single or double occupancy basis and "Registered Guests" mean "people who have been registered to stay in the room". For guests who wants to have a small meeting or meet a visitor, we have a boardroom which can be offered on request. Although it might not be followed in all the hotels, but looking at the present scenario around us we have consciously decided to stick to this policy which in general has been appreciated a lot by most or our guests. I am sure all professional hotels will also be doing the same. However, I still share your disappointment and would request you to ask our Front Desk staff for a meeting place next time you stay in our hotel which can surely be arranged for a couple of hours on prior information. Alternatively you can also use any of our restaurants for this purpose.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The traditional South Indian food at the Royal Indiana is worth trying, especially the crispy Barotta and the delicious Aappam. The lighting and the soothing music (carnatic) were enjoyable and the place itself was nicely decorated. Though it is not exactly traditional, it is certainly likable. To sum it up- well-prepared food served in a great ambiance.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with our services and this is very inspiring for us.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed there in June'13. This was my second stay in the same hotel, back in 2008 Aug , i stayed there for 3 days. This time it was only for a day. The suite provided to me was spacious and well stacked with all necessities. It was so big, at times I felt like being alone in a house- it had drawing , dining, kitchen space, with two toilets and a dressing chamber apart from a spacious bedrooom. The package included breakfast and dinner- both of which were sumptuous, the varieties provided were the best one can expect from any hotel. During my last visit in 2008, the hotel did not provide me with free airport drop. But this time they included that also in the package. All in all an excellent experience. Location at T Nagar near the flyover is also ideal, it is close to markets, but not too crowded. The staff were well mannered and prompt. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Dear Mr. Harikumar,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Their cleanliness is noteworthy, menu is very good, and the rate is reasonable. Staff here is very cordial and helpful. The Hotel is located at place where you can reach Airport or Railway station in 15-20 minutes and also you have many places to shop around. If they could manage little more parking space it is well n' good.

Dear Mr. Sajith,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a very good hotel, located in the heart of city. I stayed for two nights 22-23 June-13. It's equipped with all the amenities to cater to the needs of a business traveller . The service from the staff was absolutely effortless and natural . Rooms are quite generous in size and luxury. Food was very good and overall it was a very nice experience. I absolutely felt at home. highly recommended for business travel