“Privacy Redefined”

The Accord Metropolitan
Ranked #27 of 436 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on 8th march 2013. Booked a suite in 12th floor.the room was well maintained and the whole 12th floor was furnished with wood. The whole floor was completely different from other parts of the hotel.the check in process could improve a bit(it was way too slow).the breakfast should also improve drastically.everything was too cold and not fresh.

Room Tip: Suite rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sreecharan
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Ms. Sreecharan,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with our services and this is very inspiring for us. I have also noted your suggestion for the improvement in our breakfast served in Season, our All Day Dining restaurant and would like to assure you that we will take steps to avoid recurrences in future.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a reasonably good hotel located in a good area. The food served in the room was of unique taste and good. But, they could have served it a bit faster. The rooms were just ok and the staff members were generally good. Overall, it was not a bad experience for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Varatharajan

Dear Mr. Varatharajan,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had a great stay at Accord Metropolitan in Chennai. On the day one we ordered pasta and it turned out to be sweet. when we complained the chef himself came to us and made another pasta which was good. The rooms quite comfortable. On the second day my son had an accident at the hotel lounge. He fell down and there was a deep cut in his head. The way the reception staff and the manager helped us was simply unexpected. They rushed to our rescue and within seconds provided ice, wash cloth and lent their car with a driver for our use. since we are from bangalore we were worried about directions to hospital and conversation language when one of the hotel staff took us to a hospital. i really feel that the people at the hotel are great and the hotel has its heart in the right place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Ms. Nandini,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Best hotel we stayed at in Chennai for the price, quiet room, great wifi Internet, great food " they went out of there way to cater for our vegetarian needs plus by this stage in our trip we were sick and tired of unhealthy hot food. Next time we go to Chennai we will only stay at this place. Great experience.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Padman,

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I arrived at the hotel at 2am and was so tired that I flopped into bed without noticing the smell! The room was on the 11th floor and the windows could not be opened. The room smelt very musty and was damp due to the poor efficiency of the bathroom drains, which didn't work! The view from the room was hideous, but as I wasn't planning on spending too much time there, I wasn't too concerned. The hotel is located on a main road and quite a distance from Chennai's attractions and restaurants. I was woken by the noise of furniture being dragged around in the room above on both nights of my stay. I believe there was a function room above and the staff were busy moving furniture around at the end of the day - 3am!! I mentioned the smell and the noise to reception staff on my departure, but they didn't seem particularly interested and as such I doubt whether anything will have changed.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room on the 11th floor!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank R0z_L_12
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently for two nights and it was one of my worst experiences in such hotels. This was my first and definitely last time in this hotel. I was given a room on level 6 (room no. 602), a smoking floor. The whole corridor smells of smoke and my room (602) had a dirty smell. Since I arrived after 12.00 midnight and had a meeting at 8.00am, I was dead tired to ask for a room change.

The irony was that I contacted this hotel earlier using their email and requested a clean room, but ended up getting a dirty one.

I also noticed that all comments on this website were addressed by the hotel general manager (Mr Rupesh or his representative), but there was no significant differences seen on the ground. There were people who complained about the cleanliness earlier on this website. I hope the manager takes the feedback seriously.

Good Things

Breakfast was good with many items, but a bit crowded in early hours. The meeting rooms are good for the function. It is in T-Nagar and easily accessible to shops etc. (even thought I did not get out of the hotel due to my meetings).
Wifi worked very well.

Bad things

The hotel is an old one; the carpet in the room was very dirty. Fortunately, they had room slippers, otherwise, it would have been so miserable.
The carpet in the room 602 need to be changed urgently.
The bed sheets did not look like fresh one.
The drainage from wash basin and the bath tub was slow in 602. I complained about this to the front desk in the morning, but they did not do anything. The bath room floor was dirty as well.
The front desk was a bit clueless and cannot get the business manager on the phone.

Room Tip: If you are a nonsmoker, please do not take smoking floors. The front desk is not going to ask you ab...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Suresh,
Greetings from The Accord Metropolitan, Chennai!!
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
I have noted your disappointment with regard to your room and would like to reassure you that we have already started taking remedial measures for the same. I am sure you will see a marked difference in your experience on your next visit. I would also like to clarify that I personally check and reply to all the feedback on Tripadvisor and try to rectify ourselves in the areas as pointed out by our esteemed guests. However, your experience has obviously shown us that what we are doing is not enough and also that there is much more that needs to be done. Our team will definitely make all efforts to work towards improving in all areas as pointed by you.
Please feel free to contact me at my hand phone or write to me whenever you are planning your next visit to Chennai and I will make sure we go out of our way to give you a superlative experience.

Regards
rupeshpandey@theaccordmetropolitan.com

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Probably 1 of the noisiest and dirtiest cities in my travels around the world, with unbelievably manic traffic so if you have to stay here you need a clean and quiet hotel, and this hotel does not fit the bill. The road outside is very noisy until the early hours, the nite club has a volume level that can be heard all over the hotel and there is a constant stream of tourists arriving and departing all day and nite. My room was old and tired, dark woods, stained bath that had not been cleaned properly and a dirty brown carpet that had been there for years. Trying to find a socket for my PC (only 1 at eye level in the entire room)' I pulled the bedside table away from the wall to find paper and sweet wrappers that had been there for some time. Obviously from that moment on the whole feeling about the place was one of discomfort. Next morning I checked out early but not before having an excellent breakfast, vast buffet choice but was was really good was the South Indian selection including freshly made puri's and roti's and a huge selection of chutneys including a couple that I had never seen before. Disappointing, but not entirely unexpected for this city.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,
Greetings from The Accord Metropolitan, Chennai!!

Regards