“Decent Stay”

The Accord Metropolitan
Ranked #29 of 405 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The room was a Standard room without complimentary brkfast.
The rooms were very decent and tidy. The hotel is located in Tnagar so cant really complain about the location of the place. We felt that the rest rooms could have been better. The bath tubs had some kind of slight stains on them .
The room had a very slight stench of cigrette. But not a great issue. I was quite surprised there was no room freshner for such a well credited hotel.
But still these were very minor issues not a deal breaker.
Cant really comment about pergola or seasons (in house restaurants) since we chose to eat from authentic south indian restaurants like muguran idli shop near by. May be some other day i would definetly come back to dine there.

Cleanliness : Just pass. Just scraped through to get that pass mark IMO.

I was quite surprised to see a locker in the room. Decent 32 inch LCD with all the channels possible.

Wifi access was a breeze and the speed was quite fast and steady enough to watch HD videos on youtube :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank AnandShankarT
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Mr. Shankar,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations.

I have noted your disappointment about our rooms and would like to assure you that we will definitely look into the matter to avoid recurrences in future. I would also like to bring it to your notice that we have a restaurant called Royal Indianaa which serves authentic South Indian food. It will be great for you to to try it our on your next visit.

Once again, we thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to The Accord Metropolitan Hotel, Chennai. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Regards

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My stay was very good, we were given a studio apartment due to the unavailability of rooms to meet our headcount of three. The food was very good especially royal Indiana. BF Buffet was average. Travel adaptor in the room could be add-on service. Wireless hardly works properly on the 11th floor, hence needed help from the hotel staff. The problem reoccurred after i restarted my IPAD. The biggest problem with this hotel was the communication problem between their staff starting from the reception/travel desk all the way to the duty managers. Messages are not being conveyed clearly and precisely. I told the counter that i needed a taxi at the dep time and will be back after breakfast but was disappointed to see that nothing was done.This problem not only lies in this hotel but sadly across all the hotels be it Chennai or Bombay.

Room Tip: The rooms are good but almost all of the views are the same to me, all facing the city. I would hig...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chand72

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

I share your disappointment about the communication gap among our team members and would take steps to avoid recurrences in future.

Regards

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here for a week on business and found the Accord to be precisely what I needed it to be. The desk in the room was a nice touch since I was doing a lot of work in the evenings. The breakfast spread is quite large, although had almost zero variation from day to day, something I really would have liked to see, but that's a minor complaint. I also tried both of the other restaurants, Pergola, the Chinese place on the roof, which I have reviewed separately, and the South Indian place who's name escapes me. Both were good. Rooms are comfortable and include some handy conveniences such as the full-sized ironing board. The front desk was also able to provide plug adapters without batting an eye.

I do not consider this to be a five star hotel, but at it's price point it is really a very good value, particularly with the breakfast included in the rate. My one complaint would be that the facilities at the spa are simply not up to the caliber of the rest of the hotel, although the prices are very reasonable.

I would certainly return again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DerWanderer79

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel are truly inspiring. However, your comments about our Spa facilities are also noted and will try to improve upon the services there as pointed by you.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a good standard hotel, with a generous, varied breakfast on offer, and a good restaurant for dinner. It is relatively overpriced, however, given what else you can get for your money in India. The staff were courteous and helpful enough, although I wouldn't say they went above and beyond. I have one complaint, however: I was woken several times during the night by the phone, which seemed to be an automated sales message, perhaps nothing to do with the hotel at all, but they need to sort that problem, as it really did disturb my sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel are truly inspiring. However, I have also noted your disappointment
about the disturbances from the phone and will take remedial measures for the same.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during my last part of South India which started from Kochi. We always had some form of problem at the others hotel (most common is cleanliness and getting proper hot water), but this one stayed true to their 5 start rating. I've never stayed in other hotels in Chennai, so can't do a comparison. I would say this hotel was a very good value for money. Some of their plus points are:
i. Very friendly and prompt staff
ii. good spread of Western and South Indian breakfast
iii. short distance from shopping area in Pondy Bazar and T Nagar
iv. they even have a Chinese Restaurant at rooftop.
v. Value for money

I do see some complaints from other visitors that the room was quite small. But that doesn't matter - the room was very well furnished, nice bath and we don't spend much time in the room.
Finally I wouldn't mind booking this hotel again during my next visit to Chennai. Bravo Accord Metropolitan!

Room Tip: All rooms should not be a problem
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Mr. Vijay,

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Decided to book something a bit nicer to ease our family of three into India. The Accord did the job fantastically. The lobby is definitely disproportionate to the rooms but the rooms are still nice. We had an excellent view over Chennai and enjoyed having our first high pressure hot shower in a while. There was a musty smell from the air conditioning which bothered my better half although did not bother me. In room Wi-Fi Connection was the fastest I've experienced in 5 months of travel across Asia. Breakfast Buffet was exceptional in terms of range and quality. Pool was colder and smaller than what I expected but still a nice relief from the heat. I would like to make note that the staff here phenomenal and should be rewarded for their prompt and friendly service. We had a few minor hurdles in our room booking but the were resolved quickly and without fuss by the front desk crew. Would not search elsewhere for accomodation if I was returning to Chennai.

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel, especially the staff and food, are truly inspiring. I will also look into your comments about the mustiness in the room and would definitely work towards rectifying it.