“Very good property”

The Accord Metropolitan
Ranked #29 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
“Very good property”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had an opportunity to stay at Accord Metropolitan,Chennai, an upcoming chain and must say that I had some excellent experience with them.. The food being a major hit.. The Indian food at Royal Indiana restaurant is fantastic. I forget the name of the restaurant downstairs but they do serve some excellent buffets as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Mr. Nair,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel, especially the restaurants, are truly inspiring.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Rupesh Kumar Pandey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Indonesian first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there for 2 nights on a leisure trip with the objective to visit Chennai. One should know that Chennai is in general maybe not the first choice for sightseeing, nothing special to see. The hotel is not that close to the harbour or downtown. One could take a cheap rickshaw from any other hotel hence location is not an asset. The rooms are still OK but I would recommend a refurbishment. They are not exceptionally clean. We didn't book the cheapest ones. Reception desk is welcoming. Breakfast is average. Roof top restaurant and bar is nice when it is not rainy and one can sit outside. Wifi available and working well. Hotel staff is friendly and eager to help. Reception-staff tries to get you into their own limousine service to the airport which is 4 times higher than regular taxi. Concierge refused to order local taxi service, I had to call by my own. Do this the evening before when you leave next morning, even at around 9am. It's India, great, friendly and full of soul, but the procedures are clumsy. We have chosen another hotel on our overnight-stay back on our way home a week later. Main reason was the taxi/limousine experience.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim M
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

All the way from Singapore and found a fantastic place to stay in heart of the city
Good service right from pick up at airport till I bade farewell post 2 days of stay
Overall good value for money and fantastic service and quality South Indian food
Keep it up

Regards
Harish

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Mr. Ragavendra,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel are truly inspiring.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed in Accord Metropolitan during my business trip to Chennai. The Accord Metropolitan is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. You are made to feel so welcome by all the staff, they all seem to know your name and greet you each day with a smile. The location is in GN Chetty Road, one of the busiest streets in Chennai, however once you walk through the doors of the Accord Metropolitan, you feel like you have been transported to a quiet oasis. Ambience is breath taking. The location is close to eveything ! The rooms are big and very comfy. There is a great choice of food. The pool is gorgeous with a patio... actually everything is gorgeous about this hotel.!
- Chris

Room Tip: Go for Deluxe Suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris N
Dear Mr. Chris,

Auckland
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on a business trip. The hotel has excellent amenities and wonderful staff. The service is excellent and value for money.The rooms are of good size, comforting and the staff are very friendly. The Pergola roof top restaurant serves very good Chinese food. The restaurant on the first floor serves very authentic south Indian food. Great hotel for business travelers

Room Tip: Rooms are of good size, clean and comforting
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Shaik,

Noida, India
Reviewed October 15, 2012

stayed in this hotel for 1 day in july. For the price, the ambience of the hotel was good. The staff was very helpful albeit a little raw. What i enjoyed most for the food at their first floor speciality south indian restaurant which had grt variety. The lobby and restaurants were great. The rooms were comfortable, not great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Ashub,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel, especially the restaurants, are truly inspiring. I will also look into your comments about our staff and rooms and would work towards rectifying.

BANGALORE
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Was there in the month of April . One of our business client had organized business meet in their Emerald 1 banquet. The entrance is big and staff was very courteous. Food was excellent with all kind of stuff. Chennai heat is unavoidable but their roof top restaurants is great with nice ambiance. Pub is a part of the Hotel and it was really great to have drink with live music and IPL matches on big screen. Overall nice place to stay

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Sir,