“Thumbs Up!!”

The Accord Metropolitan
Ranked #29 of 388 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bengaluru, India
“Thumbs Up!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Accord Metropolitan is not your typical overpriced 5 star hotel where you end up compromising on the basic aspects such as food just for the 5 star experience. Here every single aspect has been looked into keeping in mind that the customer is king! When someone suggested that I check in The Accord Metropolitan I was a little apprehensive as I was not ready to leave my comfort zone and try something new. But I must admit that it was truly worth it. Right from the courteous employees to the rooms to the food and other facilities, it was nothing but pure luxury. The studio rooms are apt for quick business meetings and also to unwind after a hectic day, not to forget the city view from up there which is simply amazing. The gym, spa and pool are among other facilities one can enjoy during your stay and all this comes at very attractive prices. With amazing promotional offers ad delicious south Indian food its hard to resist this place. But the one thing you should not miss while you're here is the well-known roof top restaurant which serves Chinese. I would definitely recommend it for both business purposes as well as for an outing with friends and family :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Ms. Bhat,

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback.

I am happy to know that your experience at our hotel was an affair to remember. I will also make sure to pass on your feedback to our team members as comments like these are what we look forward to which gives us immense professional satisfaction.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Rupesh Kumar Pandey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Indonesian first
AHMEDABAD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Accord is best located hotel
Very spacious room with all amenities within hotel, this 5 star hotel and best option in chennai

Food is very good and must try curd rice with yellow dal

Staff is cooperative and you can enjoy your evening having disc in same hotel

Overall good stay

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Sir,

Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Good hotel, neat and clean with very good hospitality, rooms are spacious and well managed, food is nice and location is good. The reception area is very open and has got live music playing over there, which is very relaxing especially if you are coming from a long trip. The check-in and check-out process is smooth. The staff also allowed me a late check out which helped me to stay in the room for some more time and escape Chennai heat. I got the reference to this hotel from a colleague and had to book it at the last minute. So, i had a few concerns but thanks to the staff, they made the overall experience, really nice!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Prashant,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel are truly inspiring. I would also appreciate if you can let me know about the concerns because of your last minute booking so that our team can improve upon that.

mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

If you are going chennai for business purpose, than surely it is the best place to stay.
Grand and luxurious interiors, Italian marble flooring, gold leaf work truly attracts the ambiance. Deluxe room is equipped with all modern amenities. Some of the key amenities are electronic look doors, electronic safe, separate living room, hair dries, minibar. Besides this hotel offers a decent spa, health center, and swimming pool. Thumps up for Accord Metropolitan. Must try south Indian breakfast.

Room Tip: deluxe room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank gauravMumbai
, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Mr. Gaurav,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

what a change in a short span,I have visited this hotel 3 months back and found nothing great,it was yet another star hotel,but on friday night I went to this hotel as my friends had invited me to the accord metropolitan for dinner,though we wanted to go to a restaurant called lotus my friends insisted We dine here due to the lack of time we had in meeting in a common place,so we reached the hotel lobby and were waiting for almost 20 mins,we saw a drastic change in the attitude of the staff from the doorman to the lobby manger,not only us everybody who entered were wished with a special gesture appeasing smile and full of attention,our friends came and we chose their pergola restaurant which also serves Chinese like lotus and went to the 13th floor of the hotel WHAT A PLACE it was fantastic view and great atmosphere but to our bad luck we were not able to get an outside table for 12 ppl,though it was a 100 plus seater restaurant and they have close to 40 seats outside,we waited for15 mins but there was no sign of getting a table hence we decided to go to their royal Indiana restaurant which serves Southindian food,which was on the first floor,beautiful restaurant with an antique entrance door,there was a live band playing soft Indian instrumental music and we were promptly seated in a place of our choice,the restaurant was not crowded and we got the best attention possible,we chose to go vegetarian as most of us were that night.WE had appals,malabar parottas,veg stew,cauliflower fry,potato roast,baby corn pepper fry,tomato pappy,Keenan masiyal(country spinach and golden corn),an andhra brinjal curry,bisibele bath,and élan ever pay asa,,I would say being a mangalore an myself this was by far the best south Indian meal I have had,the curd rice was divine and their appam was superb lacy and soft,though the people who served could have been trained in recommending the menu little better but they were better than many other hotels,especially shiva the steward who took care of us,he went out of his way to give us a few Chinese dishes from their 13th floor restaurant,in all we had a great time and truly felt being in a 5star deluxe hotel in chennai...hats off kudos to the team.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank shobi79
, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback.

I am happy to know that your experience at Royal Indianaa, our South Indian specialty restaurant and our services as whole was an affair to remember. Comments like these are what we look into which gives us immense professional satisfaction. I will also make sure to pass on your feedback to Siva and other team members for whom you had written such wonderful words.

Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Booked the hotel through a travel site.The hotel is really a good one in a prominent location and feels a touch of class every where.Though we had to wait a little bit at the lobby for the check in process,it was compensated with a complimentary up gradation to a premium room,nice indeed!The hotel has an impressive lobby.The rooms are cozy and spacious.The good thing about the front office is the attitude of the FO staff,and especially that of Mr.Chellappa who has been extremely efficient in his services,right from the start to end.The breakfast was of good standard with multiple choice of dishes and great service.The only negative aspect is with the facilities of car parking as our driver had to park the car by the side of the road for the whole night.Will definitely prefer again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank krishnakumar_11
Dear Mr. Kumar,

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback.

I am thrilled to know that your experience at our hotel was an affair to remember and your comments about Chellappa, our Front office executive will indeed be a great encouragement for him. I will pass on your feedback to the team and I am sure this will give their morale a big boost.

visakhapatnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great hotel Room with King bed spacious with aminities including Electronic locks for doors, electronic safe. Mini bar / Eco friendly refrigerator. Dual telephone lines. Personalised voice mail facility High speed broadband through Wi-Fi & data port LCD 32'' TV DVD Player International. Good location . friendly staff and good service. Food/room service Ok. see the promotion offers on the web site which are really good

Room Tip: my room was facing the main road. not a great view ..
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank drraghuprakash
, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Mr. Prakash,