“worst experience”

and 1 more site!
New Woodlands Hotel
Ranked #59 of 437 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I just went to book a room on d phone. They just dont reply you properly. Simply they connect ur call to reception where they take hell lot of time to receive. The way customers be treated is unacceptable. Last time I checked out the room and was waiting for my brother to come sitting in the waiting room, those people started stories saying nobody cant wait in the waiting room for more than 1 hour. I became so pissed n there was a quarrel amongst us. Why is "waiting room" made for? Havnt I paid these buggers the money for a night I stayed?? [--]...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank shailuspatel

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two days on a business visit and the hotel scored on both the room and the food. Being a vegetarian and from south so food was tasty. The location is also ideal with the offices where we had to business were close by. Plenty of Shopping malls near by.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jagannadh
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This one is in Mylapore, Chennai, located in the heart of the city.

I stayed here at least 3 times during my business visits. My company had strict restriction in the budget. Good value for money. Stay in executive class. Price range ~ 1 grand per day.

The restaurant is nice. Though no bar attached, you get only vegetarian food, food is very tasty (provided you like south indian food).

Beach is close by, however, I didn't have to visit one.

Room Tip: Select a Executive class.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2N during our visit to Tirupati via chennai. Hotel is located right in middle of the city. Service in the hotel is good but the rooms are below average. Rooms are small and even the bathroom fittings are of very old style. One part of the hotel was under renovation during our stay. Food at the hotel is very good & restaurant at the hotel was always full during dinner time.

Stay at woodlands only for excellent south indian food

Room Tip: Only stay if you want to enjoy delicious south indian food
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Many times, while booking a hotel, 2 things of concern, one is accommodation and one is food. No doubt that in most of the star hotels, food can be considered hygienic, however for a veggie like me, it wont be that comfortable. I would prefer a hotel with exclusive veg cuisine but with star accommodation. Luckily, I could find this with Woodlands hotel, Mylapore, Chennai. Decent accommodation and awesome veg food. Could not ask for more. It is a true 3 star.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the parking lot would be preferred.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2012

A good place to stay. Very close to beach, U S Consulate and Music Academy.
The lunch and breakfast will be very nice. The rooms are well maintained . The car park is very convenient. When you come out you have enough autos waiting for you. They have a travel desk too.

Room Tip: Higher floors are away from car noise
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ramki52
Reviewed June 15, 2012

stayed here for a night while in Chennai to get our US Visas. Arrived Sunday afternoon, reception was swift in collecting the advance, checkin, and giving us the key and the tv remote. Room we stayed in was in an old block, and once we entered the room, found it to be clean and functional, the a/c worked well and thats important in chennai. We ordered food which took ages to come. Went to the toilet and the noise I heard startled me - when I came out to the bedroom and opened the windows, I found out what caused it.... about 200 children, learning to swim in a filthy pool. The state of it later after the pool was closed is not worth mentioning. Being thorough non vegetarians, we walked about 5 blocks to the shyam group of hotels where there are about 5 different restaurants and had a good chinese dinner. Came back to our room, wanted to watch the cricket match, but the Tv wouldnt work. The pillow was very flat, and after making about 15 calls, we finally got an extra set of pillows. Breakfast the next morning was not bad. Autos available outside that would take you right to the US consulate, but they charge what ever they feel. What I didnt like was that the waiters and most staff are old, elderly staff and they stand there blatantly waiting for their tips which I found irritating.... The man comes to repair the tv, he wants tip, the guy brings the pillows, he waits, the person comes to clear the trays, he waits, it was irritating... Otherwise, if you want to just stay for a day, finish your work and leave, for the price paid ( 2200 for a dbl) I this this hotel is good value.....nothing great otherwise...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family