I stayed here for one night and it is a comfortable, overall well designed hotel. The food is good too.
A couple members of the staff gave a very good impression. However, I experienced a general lack of integrity among the rest. My feeling when staying at this hotel was that I had to "watch over my personal belongings" when around the staff. Three separate incidences confirmed this:
1. I happened to have my in room safe open when the housekeeping staff was in my room. I noticed that when I turned away, the staff member was looking intensely at the safe as if he would grab something from it if I where not there - in a way that I have never experience in a hotel before.
2. When making a payment with a credit card in the restaurant, the waiter was making an effort to see the pin code when I was entering it into the card machine.
3. When checking out I instantly had a negative gut feeling about the receptionist. When paying my room bill with a credit card, she looked at me and asked if it would be ok to "bypass the pin code", when the card machine asked for it. I find it very inappropriate to suggest such a thing - the pin code exists as a safety measure to protect the credit card, an establishment with integrity would not suggest bypassing the code. Also, I requested to have a document printed and was told that there would not be a charge. She later told me that it would cost 20 rupees and I gave it to her with the impression that something was not quite right about it. Once the document was printed she asked for another 40 rupees, which I again payed. I think it is fine if a hotel charges for such a service, but I did not receive an invoice of any kind for the payment. My impression was that the receptionist was telling me that there was a charge, but that she was putting the money in her own pocket.
I would not recommend this hotel to other people and I would not stay again, based on the fact that I don't trust the staff. If it where not for these staff issues, the comfort level and value for money of this hotel would earn it a lot of praise from me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clarion hotel is recently refurbished and upgraded is an ideal boutique hotel, be it for business or for fun. You can check-in to experience the world of hospitality comfort and the ambiance of the modern Indian cultural heritage.Retreat from the action of business and relax in our completely renovated guest rooms, Club rooms & suites with sweeping views of the beach, Dive into the comfort of our pillow-top beds and rest up for a big day ahead or enjoy the night in with a film from the channels available. All the rooms have been aesthetically designed and furnished with ultra-modern facilities like mini bar, 52" LED TV's, electronic safe, and tea/coffee making facility. The en-suite bathrooms come equipped with 24 hour hot/cold water, bathrobes, and luxury bathroom amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Clarion Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.