“excellent rooms , good food , excellent budget”
Review of Clarion Chennai

Clarion Chennai
Ranked #57 of 407 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed February 13, 2014

room are excellent almost of 5 star category , breakfast food is too good and lot of variety is there.

Hotel staff is also very helpful .

overall a very nice location and nice experience.

very near to city center and walkable to marina beach

Room Tip: choose luxury rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ClarionChennai, Front Office Manager at Clarion Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Clarion, Chennai!!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we have met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated.

We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. I shall have your feedback shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again at clarion, Chennai.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed in this property in the 3rd week of January 2014 and made my booking through one of the travel portal. Had selected this hotel since its proximity to my office. My travel to Chennai is once in a month and normally wish to stay in Savera. This time surprisingly I couldn't find any deal for Savera and quite unwillingly had to book Clarion(President Earlier). To be honest I wasn't so keen to book Clarion as well sad to have missed Savera. But I was mistaken. This is one of the best properties in this side of Chennai, quite close to Marina, US Consulate etc. The hotel is clean and have a welcoming lobby. Restaurants are in the lobby level. I was allotted a room in the 4th Floor and had booked a club room. Rooms are big enough and very well specked. Complimentary water bottles, Fruits, couple of cookies to munch and and some chocolates. Well I am impressed. All the electrical fittings can be managed from your bed and even have mood lightnings!!!! Bathroom is clean, you get all the toiletries and even a hair dryer. Well the pros of this hotel is many.
Now, am I disappointed on any? Yes, This hotel charges for WIFI in room. Well come on. Internet connection have moved from luxury to necessity and being a business hotel, this cant be charged, Well I am not sure how much revenue this hotel expect to generate a day from billing this? Lobby is a bit crowded and TV in room have very limited channels.

Will I stay in this hotel again. Yes, but when I don't find a room in Savera. They offer me business stay as well a wifi, better buffet and that feel home too.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
ClarionChennai, Front Office Manager at Clarion Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Mr. Thomas,

Greetings from Clarion Chennai.

We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel and posting your review on TripAdvisor.

We are glad you enjoyed at Clarion Chennai as it designed especially keeping our guests in mind.

It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with authentic hospitality. The motivation received from your comments only encourages us to do our best. I have shared your feedback with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back at Clarion Chennai.

We thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stay in thus hotel quite regularly (at least once a month) on official visit. The rooms are quite big and comfortable with a clean and spacious bathroom and adequate toiletries. I normally have my dinner at the ground floor restaurant (twenty fifth hour) which serves a decent buffet of both vegetarian and non veg items. There is a 50% discount on the buffet rate for hotel guests who are staying for at least one night. The morning breakfast spread is also quite decent. The staff is very polite and special mention of manager Mr. Wilson who is always very cooperative and helpful.
Overall a very satisfactory experience as a business traveller.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Neelbhai,

Greetings from Clarion Chennai.

Thank you for sharing your kind review of clarion Chennai on TripAdvisor . We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are very pleased to learn that our team's exceptional service kept you comfortable and well-looked after. Many thanks in particular for highlighting Mr Wilson, who was able to exceed your expectations. We are also happy to hear that you loved and enjoyed the food at ‘Twenty Fifty Hour’.

Thank you again for your feedback and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Clarion Chennai soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I reserved 2 rooms on the hotels' homepage for 3 days, total cost was stated to be "inclusive all taxes". But when I arrived, the hotel claimed the price was exclusive taxes. Taxes were almost an additional 50%. OK, I had the reservation in writing, so they had promised it. But then they claimed that my children (aged 9, 12, 14) were not children in the Indian sense, so I had to pay an additional INR 6000. This is not satisfying, as the age of children was not posted on the home page.

1  Thank Rasmus V

Dear Mr. Roaming,

Greetings from Clarion Chennai.

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

We were disappointed to learn about your experience at Clarion Chennai. We place great importance on our guests and always strive to exceed expectations. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We urge you to send us a private message with your email ID to take this forward.

We thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I visited this hotel when I travelled on a business trip to Chennai.Location of the property is convenient in case if you are looking for economical stay near marina beach.The maintenance and rooms are well maintained.If you love to swim and relax around the pool then this is not the right place for you.

Food is good especially the breakfast buffet needs a special mention.Overall its a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ClarionChennai, Front Office Manager at Clarion Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your generous comments and high recommendation about our services, food as well as location!
Regarding the swimming pool we have already taken the matter to the higher management. Your compliments to the kitchen team for the excellent breakfast buffet and the attentive service is well appreciated. Your compliments on the food at the hotel have been passed on to the kitchen team.

Thank you once again for your high recommendation of our hotel to the Trip Advisor community and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The hotel is near to Marina beach and walking distance to LifeStyle shopping center. Sri Krishna sweet shop is nearer to to Clarion Chennai. It took about 25 mins for the hotel reception staff to prepare our rooms even after I inquiry them the status of rooms for two times on 21/12/2013. They keep talking in walkie-talkie and among themself and it is a frustrating moments since we have traveled long way to reach the hotel. The hotel ambiance, room quality and hotel restaurant food is above average. The room was spacious and clean; the bed was good and I had tight sleep without any outdoor noise whole night.

1  Thank Balan_TJ

Dear Guest,

At the outset let me thank you for staying with us and giving us an opportunity to serve you. Going through your feedback I have learnt that you faced inconvenience in the clarion. Please accept my most sincere and heartfelt apologies for not being able to live up to your expectation and our standard.
We are disappointed to note that the service at the reception did not live up to your expectations. Be rest assured that we have taken the necessary corrective measures. The reception team is keen to showcase a much improved performance on your next visit. We truly appreciate you bringing this shortcoming to our notice.
I can promise you that this will never happen again and hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove this to you.

Thanking you once again for your support and my apologies for inconvenience.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Had a pathetic experience in Clarion Hotel, We went with our malaysian guest and we are totally got embarassed before the guest and unwillingly we were forced to pay for the worst service.

The Actuals:
We reached the restaurant at 2.00 AM and asked for the Warm water, Since ur guest was so concerned about the cleaniness, we asked the hotel people to bring one of thier water jug to see whether it's clean, to our surprise we found that water jug was full of RUST & they are serving water to the people in that jug. We immediately informed the same to the management and their reply was just SORRY.

2) Then we decided to go for Mineral Water and asked them to make it warm for which their answer was NO and don't know what made them to say so.

3) We asked for one tea and then they charged us for Two Teas which we actually came to know after paying the bill, when we claimed they are telling stories and from my our point of view it's called a CHEATING.

Spoke to Mr.Paramesh- No Use, His reply was sorry will never happen like this again to any customers, they do not want to provide a solution for the customer who 's already affected.

next Spoke to GM Mr. Vinoth- No Use, After me explaining their service was so bad and the water jug was so rusty, believe it or not he's appreciated me for looking into the minute details.
His way of talking was like as if we are claiming unreasonably, His tone was not friendly and was trying to act smart.

Even we took the pictures of the Rusty Water Jug in which they are serving people.

Bottom line is - It is not worth for the money, if you are cheated you cannot go and claim, Management reply will be very vague they will just tell SORRY AND WILL MAKE SURE THIS IS NOT HAPPENING TO OTHER CUSTOMERS- so we affected customers are their testing species.

Management Sucks.
Waste of money

The funny part is they claim it is a 4 Star Hotel (unbelievable)

Regards,