“Great Stay”

The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai
Ranked #10 of 388 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Chennai (Madras), India
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Had a wonderful time with my family at the hotel. It is peaceful and the staff is really courteous. Met with Mr Arnab Gupta who took care of us very well. We would recommend to all our other friends. Though it was a short stay we thoroughly enjoyed our time at Sian, Buzz and Swirl. From Check in to Check out all was A+.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you so very much for your kind wishes and for taking the time out to give us your feedback. We truly appreciate your inputs and look forward to having you stay with us again, at the Gateway Hotel, during your future visits.

ranjit.shankar@tajhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

It is very nice hotel with amazing facilities and rooms. The pool is very beautiful and spacious. Rooms and corridors are well lit and spacious. Service and food is also good especially the breakfast and dinner. People are very friendly and always ready to help. Weekends is the best time if you want to visit with family and friends

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Warm Wishes from the Gateway Hotel IT Expressway, Chennai!

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. It is truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again. Assuring you of the best in services and hospitality at all times.

New Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

The booking here was through my organization since it was near my office in Chennai. Considering this is Taj Backed property, I was expecting good customer service and facilities. So, initially on check-in they did not disappoint me since the check-in process was smooth. I also had a rate which was basis the agreement they would had with my organization.

I checked into a room which could spot the pool from the back and you could see the nearby Accenture building. It was quite, fairly large, good, clean fixtures, comfortable bed, 32 incher TV and a washroom with glass bathing area and efficient toiletries. 5 mins into my check-in, I receive a call from the front desk that they have checked me into a wrong room which was above my booked category by some 3 notches and they did this since they did not want me to waiting (That obviously is something I or anyone can believe). It was a huge gaffe at their end and they said I could retain this room if I pay 600 INR for the next 3 days additionally. Ideally I could have done this but considering organization limitations and on principle I decided to shift. I would have raised a huge hue and cry around this had it not be for a customer meeting I had to attend (which was the reason I was in town) and I did not want to waste my energies there.

They shifted me to another room which was similar in design, the only issue, it was facing the IT expressway and for whatever be the flaw in the window designs fairly noisy. Not that when on business trips you spend too much time in the room. In the night this noise was considerably reduced and your truck wake up call would be 6 AM in the morning. There was no apology from the hotel in this regard throughout my stay and I did not ask for one, since I was leaving early and coming really late. My advise is that the hotel facilities are decent, so ask for a room which is not facing the road. Its fairly new and they Front office seemed to be still learning the ropes.

The breakfast was decent, good spread with some continental and largely south Indian dishes. The place has 3 restaurants - 1 is BUzz which is also the place which serves breakfast. Buzz has a good spread, slightly overpriced for a business hotel but maybe its the Taj. There is a small Pub, which serves drinks and finger snacks and there is a Chinese restaurant which seemed to be empty.

In essence, my advice to the hotel is please see the front window rooms have something for noise reduction. Thats possibly the reason why I am giving you a star less and ofcourse the fact that I had to change rooms.

Room Tip: Choose rooms which are not facing the IT expressway
1 Thank TravelPoddar
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel and your valuable feedback. We do appreciate that you have taken the time out to give us your inputs regrading your stay experience. We offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that was caused during your stay and assure you that we will take corrective measures for the same. We look forward to your future visits and thank you once again for giving us your feedback.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here in March for 3 days. Its a clean and good Hotel with nice new rooms which are large and spacious. We had daily visits to Taramani so had to cross the city Toll every time. Staff is very good and accommodating. Breakfast was good with the Gateway Standards.

Overall a great stay with Gateway standards.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Warm Wishes from the Gateway Hotel IT Expressway, Chennai!

Thank you very much for taking the time out to do our review and for your valuable feedback. It is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gateway Hotel and assure you of the best in hospitality at all times.

Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Nice clean hotel, with friendly staff. The food can be better, and the bartender at Swirl has no idea how to make a Martini (stale black olives!). The pool is good, the gym is small. Rooms are large and well appointed. For work in this side of town and Velacherry, a good option.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your experience at the Gateway Hotel, Chennai. We have taken note of your points and will definitely work towards improving each and everyone of them. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel during your future visits and we look forward to giving you a much better experience in the times to come.

Thank you once again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Really impressed with this hotel and anyone visiting Chennai I would highly recommend,

The hotel is very comfortable as soon from checking in to checking out end to end process and the room had everything in it you could want and the staff were very good in all areas of the hotel.

I was very impressed by the Oriental restaurant and the duck and pineapple was superb with the rice bowls being as big as cantaloupe melons, enough to share for 4 people.

The spa amazing had a haircut which outclassed anything in the UK including washing my fairs in oils and I was very impressed they had blade 2 in India, and the cut itself made me look human.

My only criticism was the breakfast, and the green stuff in my omelette which was definitely not mushroom and it would have been good to have just been left alone during breakfast.

Great stay great hotel :0)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Warm Greetings from the Gateway Hotel Chennai and we thank you very much for your valuable feedback regarding your experience at the hotel. We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay and have noted your comments about the breakfast. Needless to say, we will take corrective measures to ensure that we improve on this area. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gateway Hotel and assure you of the best in hospitality at all times.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is established with new building, new furnitures.Everthing clean and brillant.
Smiling stuff ,fresh air, comfort rooms, daily cleaned pool, delicious meals , etc everything is there..Espicially i impressed with meet expert , clever and kind stuff. I stayed there and i felt comfort of my home..
Thanks Gateway's Team for everthing :) ...S.K.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are better...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay and thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your future visits to Chennai.

ranjit.shankar@tajhotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chennai (Madras)
Taj Club House
Taj Club House
#16 of 388 in Chennai (Madras)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,072 reviews
Taj Coromandel Chennai
Taj Coromandel Chennai
#3 of 388 in Chennai (Madras)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,021 reviews
The Leela Palace Chennai
#1 of 388 in Chennai (Madras)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,285 reviews
Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai
Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chen...
#15 of 388 in Chennai (Madras)
Park Hyatt Chennai
#7 of 388 in Chennai (Madras)

Been to The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai? Share your experiences!