“Nice business hotel”

The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai
Ranked #11 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed here for 2 days , good experience , had dinner at Sian chinese speciality rest , can be better , excellent service across all depts of hotel , a taj hotels expertise by now . Good ambience , well connected , staff should be taught to speak english cant talk in tamil with guests (hk/engg)

Over all strongly recommended

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Warm Greetings from the Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai!

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We have noted your points and will ensure that we work towards improving them in all earnest. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and truly value your continued patronage.

There are newer reviews for The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Being on Business trips, I have frequently stayed at the hotel for long and really like them. They care about your feedback and are quick to improve as well. Be it their kitchen, room-service staff, travel desk or the help desk, they have never disappointed. Their service and rates are at par with the other 5 star properties nearby. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Can have more menu items for Indian & Continental Cuisine, although they already have a good men...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Sir,

We thank you very much for your feedback and truly appreciate that you took the time out to give us your experience at the hotel. We will most certainly strive to maintain and exceed the expected standards and assure you of our best efforts at all times. We look forward to your continued patronage and thank you once again for your valuable inputs.

The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway, Chennai

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We are regular guests at Gateway's Buzz (intl cuisine) restaurant enjoying great food and an excellent level of hospitality and service quality. My wife usually prefers the butter chicken - the mild way done for her but depending on your flavor mid spicy to hot available as well - while my favorite is the paneer lababdar with the Gateway delicious tomato gravy. Sakthi and Deepak with their teams do all to make you feel extremely welcome and comfortable and Ashish, one of the chefs, personally collects feedback and is always happy to create some special meal according to your personal wish. All in all a great dining experience in a very relaxing environment - perfect to spend some time after a long day's work or at weekends. Btw if you're into football, why not start the evening with a cool Kingfisher beer at the Sports bar watching your favorite team - I look forward to spending time there during the World Cup watching the Swiss team go far...
Meinrad and Barbara Keller

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Meinrad K
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Warm Greetings from the Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai and a big thank you for your wonderful feedback. It is truly appreciated by the entire team. We are most delighted to have you dine with us at our various outlets and assure you of the best in services and hospitality always. We really look forward to enjoying the World Cup with your presence at the Swirl. Have a great week ahead. Thank you very much.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Actually we planned for a buffet in OMR and come to Gateway hotel on 13th Saturday.

We came into the Hotel, the service from the start from the Manager SAKTHi from inviting and getting into the seat was a great. Seating was great too.
Then they have provided the two veg and two non-veg starters.
As I am vegetarian, I called up the manager and told that I don't need the non-veg starter , then he ordered a good spicy extra veg starter for me. So sweet of him.
Coming to the food each and everything was so good and then I told I have informed manager I dont like Nan and again he has provided me with a roti and even it was again an awesome one from Sakthi. I have been into many buffets but in Gateway, I liked all the food items and more than that I loved the way the service was provided from all and especially from Sakthi from manger part is excellent and brilliant.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you so very much for your feedback about your experience at the restaurant. My team is delighted that they were able to give you an enriched experience. We absolutely look forward to your continued patronage and will be thrilled to extend our hospitality at all times.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Great location, fantastic facilities, wonderful food and amazing people. I stayed at The Gateway for 6 months for business reasons and it became a genuine home. The food is excellent with the chefs being able to accommodate any special requests I had. Being from the UK, I wasn’t too keen on the South Indian levels of spice, but the chefs were able to create great dishes for me. The housekeeping team are great at their job and are always working hard to make your room feel special, which they achieved every day. The bar is a nice space to unwind and the staff are responsive, well trained and have a good knowledge of the drinks they have on offer. The front of house staff are particularly great and were able to solve all kinds of requests I made. From taking in Dominos orders to fixing my broken shoes – they were always able to help. One member of staff in particular, Nishoo Bhardwaj, was amazing throughout the entire 6 month stay. Her professionalism, ability to make me feel very much at home and welcoming smile all helped ensure my stay was to the highest level of quality. I would highly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your warm wishes and feedback. It was a pleasure having you with us all these months and we will truly miss you at the hotel. We look forward to your future visits and assure you of the very best in hospitality at all times. This will always be your home away from home.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels in Chennai.
Especially if you are doing business on OMR/IT Express way.
This 5 star hotel welcomes you with 2 super restaurants Sian(Chinese) and Buzz(Indian & Continental)
Modern rooms flooded with light,
A nice pool area, SPA & Gym.
The staff is one of the most hospital crews I have ever meet.
So if you are a long term staying guest in Chennai OMR ares this is a Great choice.
I am not afraid to call this place my second home!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you so very much for your wonderful feedback. Needless to say, it was indeed a pleasure having you with you with us at the Gateway Hotel, Chennai and we look forward to having you back with us again and again. Assuring you of the very best in hospitality at all times!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed at the Gateway for ten days last month and from the first was treated like a queen. The staff were attentive, the food was fabulous and the service all round was excellent.

I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Ranjit S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Warm Greetings from the Gateway Hotel IT Expressway and thank you so very much for your kind words. We are absolutely delighted that you had a wonderful stay at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back during your future visits to Chennai.

Our best wishes to you

ranjit.shankar@tajhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chennai (Madras)
Taj Coromandel Chennai
Taj Coromandel Chennai
#4 of 400 in Chennai (Madras)
Taj Club House
Taj Club House
#16 of 400 in Chennai (Madras)
Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai
Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chen...
#17 of 400 in Chennai (Madras)
The Leela Palace Chennai
#5 of 400 in Chennai (Madras)
Park Hyatt Chennai
#8 of 400 in Chennai (Madras)

Been to The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai? Share your experiences!