“Dublin Sheraton Park Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park
Ranked #22 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Lisbon, Portugal
“Dublin Sheraton Park Hotel”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

What can I say about such Amazing place? Simply that is the Best&Awesome place to spend a great disco night with friends,where people from around the world come together, to the sound of the best national and international Djs,as Ministry of the Sound and others,where you can be a part ot thematic parties as Bacardi,Corona and much more, where there is security, a modern and glamorous evironment, and where we are ALWAYS treated like family! Simply I LOVE DUBLIN, there's nothing like it! :D
Long sucess to Dublin Sheraton Park Hotel!

Joana Barbosa, Lisboa,Portugal

In India from 11/07/2012 till 09/10/2012

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Juanita_007_86
KuldeepDhawan, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, responded to this review, November 24, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is feedback such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

Thanking you once again for your valuable feedback and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sheraton Park Hotel & Towers, Chennai. Yours is a relationship we cherish.

Kuldeep Dhawan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for the last 2 years when in chennai, so the staff know me pretty well and I believe I have not written a review. Hotel location is good, it works for me at least. The service generally is above average. The tower wing is under massive renovation and it needed one badly. They have upgraded the lift at the current wing but some rooms need some upgrading as well. There is a new grand chola opening soon in chennai, so there will be internal competition for park sheraton.The restaurant Dakshin serves nice food.Breakfast at cappuccino has good spread,they just need to start their breakfast serving early at 6am. I have never visited the Dublin bar/disco, need to check it out. overall a good choice for business visits.The spa is so so,the one guy who massages in my opinion is just rubbing oil on you instead of truly giving you a massage, so skip the massage.

Room Tip: there is 2 grocery shop across the road where you can get snacks,drinks etc. Tuscon is a italian eat...
1 Thank rockymsia

Kerala, india
Reviewed September 28, 2012

One of the best hotels in the city, a bit old, but they are renovating. the rooms are well furnished and neat and clean.
Breakfast is pretty good.
Location good
ameneties provided good
service.. excellent
Restaurants .... recomended.
Has a disc which is frequented by the stars of tamil cinema....
24 hours italian restaurant is the best thing ......

Room Tip: Since renovation is on.. check the same before you confirm the room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ajit R

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Staying at the Sheraton Park was a great experience, the hotel is located in the heart of the city and shopping was close by vicinity. The concierge were welcoming and offered us a nice trip of the city. Some the temples are captivating. Coming from UK, to be able to relax by the poolside was simply amazing... Dakshin, i must say was one of the finest food from this part of the world, caution to ensure check on your ability of handle spices

Room Tip: Speak to the Concierge.. they are amazing and get things organised while you are resting
1 Thank susanmiller090

Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Travelling for a 2 week long business trip, the hotel had great offerings. The rooms overlooking the pool where quieter and have view of the greenary. The associates were simply amazing, they recognised my needs right from the next day of my small preferences at breakfast. I forget their names as they are difficult remember but the front desk associates were very warm and welcoming. Rao at the main entrance of the hotel was face of the hotel who received me every evening with a very big smile and greeting. On the Rocks the restaurant looks simple from outside but great interiors. All my colleagues shared a similar centiment at the hotel. Recommend anyone travelling to definitely stay and experience the culture. Cheers to all

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
SheratonPark, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2012

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Excellent service, well maintained as is expected from itc sheratons. It is presently under extensive renovations, so I wasn't seeing the hotel at its best. However I would return, as it's a good location and the service is very welcoming. Good restaurants as you would expect from a hotel of this standard. Would use this as a business rather than pleasure hotel.

London
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Nice hotel, pretty typical of the ITC chain in India.

Friendly greeting and efficient check in.

Pleasant room with very comfortable bed, effective airconditioning, quiet. Wifi was around GBP£8 for 24 hours and was quick and reliable. The in room cafetierre with ground coffee was a nice touch (especially considering a single espresso was near GBP£4 in the restaurant!).

The main restaurant was great. It has a wide selection and is open around the clock. Plenty of well priced western and healthy options - great for people like me that are not a fan of Indian food. I also used room service numerous times and it was not too bad.

The pool area was great and the gym was above average for a hotel.

I found the service a bit overbearing, however this may be down to personal taste and local culture. For example every time I ordered room service I would be half way through eating my meal when the phone would ring. Fork down, get up, go to phone 'hello this is room service, just checking your meal is to your liking'. This was a nice touch the first time but by the fourth or fifth time it became irritating. The concierge was a bit over the top as well. One morning I asked if they could arrange something for me and they said that they would call my room later in the day to let me know which was fine as my request was not the norm. Later in the day I was working out in the gym and the concierge appeared in front of me (spooky, do they track your movements in this hotel) to tell me that they had been able to find what I needed and would I like to come to the concierge desk to pay. 'Sure ill be there in thirty minutes straight after my workout' I said. And I tell you, if looks could kill! The concierge obviously expected me to drop my workout halfway through to come to the desk and make payment. Was a bit creepy.