“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Savera Hotel

Savera Hotel
Ranked #45 of 436 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at the Savera Hotel.

The hotel is centrally located, with fairly large rooms and good parking space. A flat screen TV, tea coffee maker, a mini bar are standard fitments in the room. The rooms are comfortable. However, room service requires some improvement. The hotel also has a large pool and a a gym for fitness freaks.

My package included breakfast and dinner and the spread of both veg and non-veg dishes was quite awesome.

To conclude...great rooms, good food and a comfortable stay makes it a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Alvaressunil
Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were excited to enter the iconic Savera Hotel- Chennai, for a 46 year old hotel it is very well maintained. The lobby was unpretentious, the double room was spacious, clean and the linen spotless. The bathroom was also very neat and tidy.
We had to reach the US embassy by 2pm so decided to have lunch at the Malgudi and to save time we ordered the thali meal and that was a huge mistake. Watery rasam with a single 2inch piece of drumstick was the soup. The much anticipated thali was an anti-climax as the dishes were not worth mentioning, the least the chef could have done was to skin the garlic, as it was really irritating when I had to chew the garlic with the skin.
The pros- the décor and ambiance, with soft South Indian music, at Malgudi was excellent .
The cons- The service was slow, at Rs 600+taxes for thali- it was far too expensive. I had expected something exotic for the price but what was served was run of the mill stuff that is available for much less price.
After the disappointed lunch I was not too enthusiastic about the breakfast, (that night, we had dinner across the road at Copper Chimney) but was in for a pleasant surprise. The buffet breakfast was sumptuous with choice of South Indian and Continental spread. The filter coffee served hot was excellent and we enjoyed a relaxed breakfast.
Overall, but for the experience at Malgudi, we enjoyed the stay, the hospitality was good, the check in- check out was fast and efficient.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank triptalk_msk
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I really enjoyed my time at Savera hotel. It is one of the most memorable trip specially cos of the staff, they were warm and welcoming and were always on hand to ensure I had everything, or anything I required. I had a very spacious, clean room on the sixth floor with table and chairs which enabled you to overlook the pool.The service was very good . we enjoyed the complementary buffet breakfast specially . The breakfast consist off all varieties of foods from north to south and east to west with a wide selection of food always available. The hotel is also very much suitable for conference and business meeting as well parties related to wedding and birthday etc.In brief, the hotel is one of the best considering the amenities and luxuries etc. I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had a horrible time as i was allotted a room where nearby renovations were on, the icing on the cake was that the renovations were happening on the floor above me. It just beats logic why would the hotel allot such a room in the first place. The carpet in the corridors was wet and the walls damp. After many calls and complaint the room was changed to a much higher floor where wifi connectivity was poor. Restaurant was ok but a 4 star tag, definitely not.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I've reported this feedback to the hotel over 2 months ago and received no response. I stayed at this hotel on Dec 21-22 2013. I am reporting a few experiences that fall far short of expectations:

1. The check in was inordinately delayed. IN spite of the fact that I was checking in at 9:15 pm (the room was paid for from noon), I was told there was no room available ! I had to wait over 20 minutes before I was allotted a room. While it may perhaps have been true that no room was available (although this reflects poorly on the quality of management at the hotel), what was unacceptable was that the person at the check-in desk clearly lacked the customer-facing skills necessary to handle the situation gracefully.

2. At the breakfast in the restaurant on 22 morning, the experience was poor. The hostess at the entrance lacked the courtesy expected in a hotel of the class that Savera purports be in. Most food items were in short supply (despite the fact that there was still nearly an hour to go before the end of the stated breakfast time) . Cutlery was in short supply too. Far worse, when I asked the steward to provide me with a fork his response was rude and he did not address my request.

3. The check out on 22nd afternoon was similarly delayed, and again the clerk was lacking in the appropriate courtesy. Another staffer sitting at the desk was busy chatting with somebody and made no move to help.

All the above add up to a picture of poor processes, particularly with respect to recruitment and training of staff.

I had also said in the mail to Savera: "I trust Savera will act appropriately to remedy this situation before the Hotel's reputation is irreversibly damaged". It appears however they are indifferent to their reputation.

Room Tip: Do not open the curtains to enjoy the view. Room glass windows are grimy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Savera146, General Manager at Savera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Namaskar!

We deeply regret to note the observations on your stay with us. We always endeavor to provide a comfortable and pleasant stay at the hotel to all our guests. But, we understand that we had fallen short of your expectations.

We have taken up your comments with the respective departments and their heads. We have actioned and believe a close scrutiny will yield the desired results. We have also planned for re-training to certain staffs to make them sensitive to guest requirements.

We once again deeply regret the episode and look forward to ensure all corrective measures are done.

Please be our guest and write to the undersigned on your next visit. Look forward to meet you in person.

Cordially,

Anthony Michael

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel should get an award for harassment and regional bias...I feel ashamed that our country has a 4 star hotel of this standard and treats their own citizens this way . There was no coordination among the staff for which we had to pay. .We were made to wait in the lobby with my kid at 4.30 a.m.in the morning being lectured on rules and regulations but ironically the hotel people were breaking all rules according to their convenience..We were shocked to see the cashier abusing my husband's I'd card!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Breakfast buffet was too good.
Booked the hotel via cleartrip and I got a decent deal.
Nice experience from the service desk. Even though I arrived two hours early before the check-in time specified while booking, I got the room without any hazzle.
Good location. Savera is an ideal place for those who want to visit US Embassy for Visa interview.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family