Savera Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
New Woodlands Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Raj Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Hotel Mowbrays Inn(Chennai (Madras))
Maris Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
WelcomHotel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
  • Breakfast included
Swagath Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Regenta Central Deccan(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Shri Devi Park(Chennai (Madras))
Manhattan Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
  • Restaurant
1,089 results
All reviewspiano restaurantvalue for moneybamboo barbrew roommarina beachswimming poolsouth indian restaurantmusic academyexecutive roomhotel is locatedroom servicethe heart of the citycomfortable staytravel deskbuffet breakfastearly checkbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Good things first: Location great. Breakfast expansive. Staff helpful. Pool looked inviting (did not try).
Now for the not so good: Renovation on (desperately needed as ambience is terrible) Helpful if Hotels warns guests before booking of renovation underway. Rooms cleanliness has scope for improvement.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Savera146, Guest Relations Manager at Savera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear guest
Wishes from Savera Hotel!
Thank you for investing your time in giving us your indispensable feedback and for selecting Savera Hotel and being our most invaluable customer.

Delighted to know you enjoyed your stay in general and appreciated the goodness of our staff, breakfast and the available facilities for your comfort.

Observations have been noted, which gives us the accuracy for corrective measures in the areas mentioned; we apologies for the drawbacks and assure an enhanced feel in your next visit.
Renovation in progress to create, a wonderful atmosphere !

Looking forward to your next visit.

Cordially
Naomi

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Savers is located bang in the centre of Chennai. Neither the airport, nor the station are far from it.

The property is older than most properties you would encounter, so some of the rooms and furniture a have a sign of age. The staff here are professional, and go out of the way to ensure your comfort. They have multiple restaurants and the food is really good.

The best part is that this is right next to the American embassy, so is the best place to stay for your visa interview.

Ideal place for business travellers and families.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I chose Hotel Savera mainly because of its location and facilities available. I liked the hotel very much. Although the hotel was going under renovation but for me this was not much of discomfort. Only once i had to request a lot of noise coming into my room from the floor above but in 5 minutes it was sorted. Here are my Bads and Goods for the hotel. The hotel has a lot of eating options and I suggest if you are here for 3-4 days you should try them as whatever food I had was good.

Bads

Washroom on the first day did not have hand towels. After request they would only keep 1 hand towel. I do not know why this was the case but for me one was ok.
The pool is also the pool for public use. So it could be a wrong decision to take a swim in the morning as you would find a lot of kids and people taking classes here.
Gym also is used by outsiders. I consider this as a good thing since they then have the full fledged gym. But I could see it being packed up at 1900H so had to wait a lot for my cardio sessions.
The room although big in size, look a little old now. I think thats why some renovation was on as they would be doing the rooms again

Goods
Clean rooms and spacious too. Will be very comfortable for 2 people to stay
Gym: full fledged gym available. So really could do all my workouts
Location : You cannot see the beach from here but its only about 1.5kms away. An early morning run will get you there in 15minutes! I loved it. Lots of shopping around.
Many restaurants : They have about 3-4 options to eat. I tried 3 of them and found my food always to be nice. I really liked the MInar restaurant on which I will be doing a separate review.

The breakfast was good too although they typically have the same menu everyday. For me this was ok as I am normally a fruits and eggs person and that was something i easily got. Overall I think if the deal i got from the hotel stays next time, I will have no qualms in booking this hotel again!

Safe Travels!
Make the most of it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Savera146, Guest Relations Manager at Savera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Greetings from Savera Hotel !
Thank you for your feedback that is a bonus to our organization for a better growth. We also appreciate your choice for staying with Savera Hotel.
We are glad you were comfortable staying with us!

We also noted the observations highlighted during your stay in our hotel. We have taken up the views with the concerned department and we will make changes to meet your expectations.
Apologies for the discomfort caused.
Looking forward to giving you the best of Savera and its services in your next visit.

Regards

Naomi
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Too many smiley faces, too much room service unless u say Leave me alone food very expensive try the hot water in a glass u will never use hot water again after bath u may see stains on towel that's nothing, it's the sign of using hot water also construction going on for now.

• Stayed: August 2013
Savera146, Public Relations Manager at Savera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Wishes form Savera hotel!

Thank you for nurturing Savera and choosing our hotel for your stay, we acknowledge the time take to review your stay we appreciate your effort.

We are happy to know that smiling, attentive faces were there to greet and attend to your needs.
We also understood after discussion with you that the water from the tap was murky this was due to cleaning in process which also stained the towels, we regret the inconvenience caused and ensure that it does not repeat .

Renovation is in progress to enhance the ambience at Savera for your next stay!

Looking forward to serve you and your family with utmost care!

Cordially,

Noami

Public Relation Manager.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was in Chennai for less than 24 hours and my stay at Savera was pleasant. We ate dinner at the MInar restaurant, the food was good, views fabulous, live music terrible. But oh the buffet breakfast next morning was superb, with a choice for every palette. The hotel is undergoing remodeling, so the lobby and coffee shop were moved or were not very functional. However, the staff was very courteous and helpful. The room was clean and the bathroom was fine. I had booked an executive room, however it didn't feel any better than the standard. The beach and the City Center mall were close by. Overall, a comfortable stay, nothing spectacular except the breakfast, but nothing bad either. Choose it if you are interested in being in that location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business