“Very Good, Excellent service . . Pricey food though”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Savera Hotel

Savera Hotel
Ranked #40 of 388 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Sivakasi, India
“Very Good, Excellent service . . Pricey food though”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay at savera. I made a last minute reservation and i got confirmed immediately. We were upgraded and we enjoyed a pleasant stay of two nights. the staff were very helpful and the room was excellent. i felt the bathroom was a bit cramped and was inconvenient especially since i travelled with my kid. The only negative i felt was that the food was priced on the higher side, i guess thats mandatory for star hotels nowadays.
Overall, a satisfactory stay with stay. A faster wifi might make it more fun but it was good none the less

Room Tip: Try the nawabi restaurant on the roof, it has exquisite food
1 Thank Giridharan V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Thai first
Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed there for one night only. I have stayed at many different hotels in India, and whilst this was a similar price to hotels in Delhi and Agra that I have stayed in, the quality of the room was not as good. The location was convenient for me, which was the main reason for staying here.

The reception process was very good, with helpful staff. However, the room was not that impressive. Everything worked ok, it seemed clean enough, but it just seemed a bit faded, and in need of freshening up. It ticked the boxes but I couldn't help thinking that it could be better.

The only meal I had was breakfast. This was quite limited and unexciting, but again was fine.

If I needed to be in this area again, I would consider stayinh here again, but would certainly want to look at other options.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view - mine had none at all
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Savera146, General Manager at Savera Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Namaskar!

Many thanks for the time to log in your feedback at Trip Advisor.

We thank you for the compliments and kindly note that the rooms renovation is scheduled to start from July 2012 and will be completed in a phased manner. We are sure you will not look beyond Savera Hotel, when you see our renovated rooms.

Looking forward to welcome you again and be our guest always.

Nagpur, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Ambience was fantastic.
Service inn the room and in the restaurant excellent.
Location really great...close to the beach and several other main parts in chennai.
Swimming pool functional and very very active and good guide.
Overall fantastic experience.

1 Thank ROYNGPUR
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

A centrally located hotel which was recently upgraded to provide some minimum comforts. Staff are good and food except breakfast is not upto the mark. cost of food is little bit exorbitant to the quality and the taste. while entering you feel that you are intering to a top hotel but inside room will disappoint you. Bath rooms are very normal and you will not be excited with the room. Entertainment system is normal and lighting in side room will not support the out look of this hotel. Its a business hotel and not for relaxation and entertainment. Its a hotel for your business trip.But the ambiance of hotel is so good with enough parking place to park your guest vehicles.

Room Tip: Stay in main rooms not in corner ones
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Savera146, General Manager at Savera Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear Guest!

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to log your feedback in Trip-Advisor.

While, we once again thank you for the compliments; we have taken your feedback on the food, restaurant tariff, bathrooms and lighting with the concerned departments for remedial measures. However, we are going in for scheduled renovation of rooms and public areas in a phased manner. I am sure going forward after a semester, you will notice the changes and we are confident in meeting your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you again at the hotel and be our guest always.

Pondicherry, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Selected the hotel based on my locational advantage and booked a deluxe double room through the Hotel Website. I had also specified that I have 2 children aged 12 & 9.

The check in at 11.30am was COLD - the bell boys do not volunteer to pick the baggage from the car, the parking assistants do not assist, the lobby manager does not even talk - leave alone wishing, no welcome drink, nobody wants you to even be seated, the lobby manager behaves like a Lodge cashier and sends you off with the key after the mandatory checks. (Though it was quite evident that I was with my 2 kids and wife, he insisted on seeing my wife's ID in addition to mine). Before handing over the room key, he warned that the complimentary breakfast is only for the two of us - me and my wife and we must pay extra to avail the same for the kids. I said, "Thank you for the courtesy" and left for the room.

Took the elevator and reached my room No. 329 on the 3rd floor. First impression: Worn out interiors, old linen, dirty view out of the window - (this room overlooks an unused terrace), leaking faucet, leaking tub, leaking closet, unclean taps and fittings. One single bath towel was placed without any extra leg mats in the bath or hand towels etc.

We had to leave the room immediately after check in for our hospital appointment and hence chose to leave after keeping our baggage in.

We asked the parking guard to guide us which exit would be better, the South or the West (the hotel has two exits), to reach a nearby restaurant (Saravana Bhawan) for which he replied: How can I say which is better? You choose whichever you want - in a very sarcastic way while he was busy chatting with another of his colleague.

We finished all our work outside and reached the hotel back by around 8.45pm. We called housekeeping to arrange for an extra bed, to which the reply came: "Call Reception". So I called Reception where the girl said: " You have to pay Rs.1000/- plus taxes" to which I said: "Please add the same to my bill and send it". Immediately after this I left out to meet a relative, leaving my wife and kids in the room. I returned back at 11pm, to find that the extra bed has not been laid. Between 9pm to 11pm my wife and kids have made 3 more calls but nobody responded. So I called the housekeeping again at 11.10pm, only to be told bluntly that the reception has not instructed us to do so. The I called the reception and gave them a piece of my mind and insisted that I speak to their customer relationship manager. He (Javed) said "It will be there in 1 minute sir".... 11.25pm: still no bed. I took up the phone and yelled at him again and he himself was outside the room with a boy and a bed of course. Profusely apologising for the mess up, he went on to offer the bed free and ask for an apology from the concerned people.

My family (all four of us) had a taste of sharing one queen size bed in a so called 4 star hotel while being tired after a hot and tiring day out at a hospital.

The A/c was excellent and the other fixtures in the room though very old very all working fine.
We woke up in the morning to find two English dailies waiting at the door.

The bathroom and toilet were in a bad state - almost like a Lodge near the Bus Stand. There was only one Towel, so we asked the house-keeping to get us more towels and napkins which they did after a delay of more than an hour.

Did not wish to stay in this so called 4 Star Luxury any more and hence decided to switch to some other good hotel for the next night of stay.

While checking out, managed to speak to one Ms.Vanitha Lourdes, the Asst Room Div Mgr., who assured of better service next time and apologised for whatever happened. She even called back during the day to get more details...

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON SAVERA LODGE..

1 Thank AnilKumarPorwal
Savera146, General Manager at Savera Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Mr. Anil Kumar

We deeply regret to note the experience you had with us. I am afraid that we could not meet your expectations. A verbose response is not the solution.

I am sure, we have to do a lot of introspection and I am already on the job. We take this opportunity to improve ourselves and provide value in our offerings. You will definitely notice the change.

I once again apologize for the experience you had with us. If I am allowed, I wish to welcome you once again to our hotel and please be our guest.

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed in a club room which was like a suite. website was easy to use for online reservations. I did not receive an email confirmation but had no issues at all. Our rate included an airport transfer in a private clean ac car. The front desk was efficient and courteous. The room was clean and spacious and the air conditioning was great! It is a hot and humid place in May so this was very important.
They offered complimentary fruits from room service and evening snacks ...we missed those since we were out. fruit was fresh and welcome! Breakfast was great!
My only feedback is on the bathroom. It was clean and modernized, however, the shower area is not separate enough and water leaked out wetting the whole floor.
Overall great experience and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Club rooms are spacious and offer a separate living room with door so can keep the bedroom quiet and...
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is one of an age old hotel.. but a decent place to stay.. good food, well maintained rooms..
Dont expect modern interiors..
Good place for business travellers only..

Food is excellent.. over all a good place to stay if you get a good bargain on the tariff

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business