“Fantastic food - Vegetarian Gem”
Review of Entree

Entree
Reserve a Table
eazydiner
Ranked #279 of 7,122 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Royapettah
Description: Entree - Global Vegetarian Cuisine serves delectable fare from all around the world.The restaurant offers elaborate buffet breakfast, lunch & dinner as well.
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon this vegetarian only gem in Express Ave Mall and boy what a pleasant surprise 'twas ! Awesome dinner buffet for Rs. 300 per head at a place you thought wud be pricey. Spread is perfect as you get to try all items. Every item North or South was fresh, not salty, not oily and not too spicy. Roti and naan are the best I ever had , super soft and tasty. Salad, Paneer gravy dish, dal, bhindi sabji, Hakka noodles, Manchurian, masala rice, rasam, vadam, vathal, sweet corn soup and of course curd rice - the best ever. Dessert was okayish. Great ambience and service! Unlike other places that focus on number of dishes rather quality the spread here is not vast but right sized!!

Date of visit: July 2016
GauravGuptaGM, General Manager at Entree, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2016

Greetings!

At the outset, on behalf of Entrée team I would like to Thank you for dining at our restaurant. We are happy that you enjoyed your meal and found the restaurant ideally located.

Once again Thank you for posting your feedback online and we look forward to serving you again at Entrée.

Regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2016

Its was really a nice experience, they have a good list of menu, But all are vegetarian foods, that make me feel bit sad, But food here are really tasty and almost all type of Indian cuisines are available here. Its atmosphere is quite and calm.

Date of visit: January 2016
GauravGuptaGM, General Manager at Entree, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2016

Thank you for appreciating Entrée, E Hotel as the best restaurant you tried!

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your dining experience and are grateful to you for recommending us to others.

Reviewed January 18, 2016

Express Avenue mall has not much options for vegetarian restaurant. E-Hotel serves buffet with a range of items from different cuisine sure to thrill the vegetarian in you. Had lunch buffet with them and it was a good treat to have an assortment of North and south Indian food supported by tasty Pasta, salads - a nice combination of sundal to tomato pesto salad and desserts, ice-creams. Priced at 700+ (all inclusive), it is a good place for a eat-out.

Date of visit: November 2015
GauravGuptaGM, General Manager at Entree, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Reviewed December 26, 2015

I liked the food in there but was costly, if you have a walk in the mall after a heavy food from here will be great.

Date of visit: January 2015

Reviewed December 15, 2015

I'd thought Entree a cheerful reasonably-priced place during my years of prior patronage.This year, during the rains of November 2015, my wife and I attempted to renew our acquaintance of the restaurant, but as we walked through the place, the pelting rain made us think of reaching home.

And so we went to the portico of the hotel to hail a cab, only to be told by the doorkeeper that he couldn't permit walk-through people to use the portico to stay dry. Any cab that came in to ferry us would be charged/fined according to his discretion! Preferring the elements to egregiousness, my wife and I hailed a cab in the driving rain.

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I entered the Mall through the restaurant, intending to have tea on the way out. We'd got out of the car at the hotel entrance, and I told the driver to park at the patrons' lot. When we returned to the restaurant, we found out that the menu was of a reduced nature due to the rains.

Thinking that it'd be better to make it home, I tried to call my car to the portico, to embark in a dry state. Surprise, surprise : a well-dressed hotel employee told us that he'd asked my driver to take a hike! We'd made the fatal mistake of using a facility that we were not entitled for! The doorman lurked nearby. I phoned my driver who was circling the mall, and my wife and I made our way home.

With a doorman and foyer staff such as the above, the restaurant and hotel are certain to progress swiftly, one way.

As far as I and my friends are concerned, we shall never return to experience such discourtesy

Date of visit: November 2015