“Strongly Recommend Pan Asian...!!”
Review of Pan Asian

Pan Asian
Ranked #1 of 6,640 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Indonesian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our chic, stylish and contemporary mezzanine restaurant showcases the vibrant cuisines of China, Japan, Vietnam, Korea and Thailand. Pan Asian at ITC Grand chola features Cafe Edo for mouthwatering Sushi and Sashimi, Indian Ocean for the freshest fruit de mer, the bespoke Chef's Studio and the celebratory Champagne Lounge.
New Delhi, India
“Strongly Recommend Pan Asian...!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I'm glad that my friend took me to Pan Asian on my birthday, which turned out to be one of the most amazing birthday bash for me and my friends. From ambiance to food, service.. everything was just perfect. Strongly recommend to all of you guys.

• Visited September 2013
Philippe_Charraudeau, General Manager at Pan Asian, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about Pan Asian. We are delighted to know that we succeeded in making your special day so memorable and to read about your positive comments about the food, service and the ambience. Thank you very much for recommending us.

• Korean first
Glasgow, Scotland
“Hard to Fault”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Pan Asian just gets more impressive each time you go.

For a real treat, try their Sunday brunch. What an experience. You can choose from the menu or let the staff order for you. You will get a round of starters and salads, then dim sums, then sushi, then soups, then mains, then desserts. It is so much food! My advice would be choose from the menu or you will end up with far too much food on the table. I'm a vegetarian, so the starters I tried included veg tempura (real good, especially the aubergine), tofu carpaccio (this wasn't to my taste, raw slimy tofu), Asian tacos (these were amazing) and papaya salad which was delicious, just the right amount of spice. The meat eaters at the table were raving over a crispy chicken starter that was served so watch out for that one too. You can order more of anything you like and they will just keep bringing it. We got more chicken and Asian tacos. Next up were the dim sums, both steamed and fried. I love the dim sum in Pan Asian so this got the thumbs up all round from me. I'm not a sushi fan but everyone else loved it and its served with wasabi and ginger. The main courses is so much food, especially after what has come before it so be careful how much you order here. The Thai green curry was amazing, I went into a daze eating this and don't think I heard anything anyone said to me until it was all gone.

The restaurant is huge and has a great atmosphere which is good going for the restaurants in the ITC which, while magnificent and impressive, can be a little souless. Special mentions to Deepak, Jeremy and Shalom who really go above and beyond to provide wonderful service and personalise the experience. You can get the brunch including alcohol (if you have room for it!) which is great value. Jeremy brought us lychee shots at the end of the meal which were fab - nice touch. The brunch is terrific value for the food and the experience.

Outwith the brunch, I really enjoy their pad thai and soups. The dim sum is very hard to resist. Perfect, paper light. I've only had one dish I haven't been impressed with which was a Chinese puffed rice dish which was really weird crunchy rice so avoid that one.

The restaurant seems to get busier all the time as word of mouth grows, which is lovely to see. Well done Pan Asian.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing such an elaborate review about Pan Asian. We are delighted to hear about your wonderful words of encouragement and to know that you relished your dining experience to such a great extent. Deepak, Jeremy and Shalom will be thrilled to hear about your encouraging comments. However we regret that one of our Chinese preparations was not up to your expectations.

Looking forward to serving you again.

“Excellent service!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Pan asian deserves every bit of appreciation that it continues to receive. It's not often that a restaurant gets a universal consensus about how good it is. The service was great, the food was excellent, the ambience was perfect. The variety on offer is quite extensive and very authentic.
This is definitely a place that i would recommend and frequent .A special mention to the gracious hostess , reemica and sharath who guided us to a nice table even though we hadn't reserved in advance.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear about your dining experience at Pan Asian and to note your encouraging comments on our food, service and the ambience. Reemica and Sharath will be thrilled to know about your positive feedback.

We look forward to serving you again.

Oslo, Norway
“Good place for celebration”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

After reading the good reviews i thought of the place as a good spot for celebrating my birthday. Let me first say that the hotel itself is worth seeing, so massive, and sooo beautiful.

Then the food, we ordered Sushi for starters. The pieces were small and tasted ok. I have tasted sushi which is better in my home country(Norway) in normal sushi bars... so this was not mouth blasting or something wildly good...

Then we ordered the chicken cashew thingy, which was AMAZING. The chicken melted in our mouths and was sooo extremely good. I already miss having it in my mouth.

Then we got duck, a whole duck, which they first showed us and then went to cut. They started with giving us the skin, which was supposed to go into a wrap with some vegs and fruit and sauce, this was ok tasty.. Then we got the duck pieces, which was amazing, but kinda strange that they cut it up in kids pieces (very very small pieces), but it dosent really matter, cus it tasted sooo goood.

I would say this is the perfect place to go with friends, family, or business for celebration. The reason? Price ofcourse, this is an 5star hotel, and then it wont be cheap. Totally we paid around 8000 for food, and 3000 for beer. Totally worth it, but not something you do everyday.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for celebrating your special occasion with us at Pan Asian. We are very pleased to hear about your comments about the hotel architecture and décor. Furthermore it is very encouraging to note your description about the cuisine and the service.

We look forward to many more opportunities to serve you in the future.

Montreal, Canada
“Best Restaurant since I am in India”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

First of, the service is incredible. Not only professional, but warm. The food was so great, It made me happy. Sushis are so fresh. Duck is amazing. We had such a great time. I totally recommend.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We are delighted that you found our food to be great and our service warm and professional. Thank you very much for dining with us.

We look forward to your return.