“Its a new world!”

Chokhi Dhani
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Today we went to this place to celebrate my birthday.Its an amazing place loaded with lots of fun activities. Different from what we get to see in chennai. We went for camel ride, archery, dancing, horse cart ride, magic show, rope walk, puppet show and finally mehndi. Its a lovely place to spend your special evening. And the food was very tasty. But ppl who serve the food slightly compel you to atleast taste every variety. Overall we loved it. I would recommend this place for everyone to visit it. I found out about this place from trip advisor. Very Thanks to it for the same.

5  Thank Lav_Ashok

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Chokhi Dhani is located near the back-gate of Rajalakshmi engineering college (after queens land, when you travel from Chennai side).

This is a best place to spend a week end (open from 4 pm to 11 pm, 365 days).

There is an entrance fee of Rs 550 (350 for children between 3-9 years).. But that is whay you pay , which includes fantastic Rajasthani food (dinner), welcome drink, snacks, chaat etc.

The attraction has boating, camel ride, horse cart ride, skill games, mehendi, puppet show, cycle ride, snake & ladder, head massage, astrology, live cultural programs and live ethnic dance.

You can also hire Rajasthani dress and take photos (additional cost).

Just visit and enjoy with family.

6  Thank bsp2010
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was taken to this place as a surprise dinner by my friends in my birthday. I have been to other CDs as well. So Ill talk about the place- its a treat to the eyes and a brilliant affair to hangout with family and friends alike. From Boating to Animal rides to Games -all are interesting without any overdoing- Place is simply perfect

Food : It is just mouth watering BUT only if you have a liking for North Indian Food( Rajsthani in particularly); I had this south indian family which did not like the food and ended up eating CURD RICE only.

Service: It was all brilliant untill i enter the dining area. The snack counter earlier had very pleasing guys but the dining area was nightmarish for me. ( I love fine dining , this was new to me). I love the concept of sitting on ground (cushions) and served on this stool(chowki) .But what was nightmarish was the bunch of waiters/servers . They were probably procured from the villages of rajsthani who knew NO ENGLISH( thats okay), were badly trained and i would call them highly indecent and illiterate. They were hovering all over , spilled water here and there and just bizzare !!!!! It seemed like a village dinner ,which is NOT the case in other CDs where the waiters are very courtesly polite and also adhere to standards. Whatsoever be the reason( It was heavy rush on Sunday) , i felt small in fromt of my friends whom I had pumped a lot of expectations. SO they better train these villagers to bit extent else no one will go again ( so wont I).

Its a fantastic place if these menacing servers are trained , if you ask me should you go ! DEFINITELY YESS ! go with kids and family it will be a great experience

The Rates now = 550+taxes for Adults which is very much decent for everything you witness inside

6  Thank mishtar77
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The other day had been to Chokidahni in Chennai .It was a replica of the one in Jaipur, which I have visited as well. But the experience of the one in Chennai was much much better.
Once you enter the premises your transported to an authentic Rajathani village, with huts and shops.
There were a lot of performers including magicians, street performers , musicians, singers,etc.
All the performance was fantastic.
There were also puppet shows, camel ride, skill games, etc.
We ended the visit with a traditional Rajathani food and was really good. More than everything the people in the village were really friendly and there was warmth in their hearts and faces , which is rare to find these days.
This place is a must visit for anyone visiting chennai.
The whole infrastructure was excellent and very well done.

10  Thank zarookShah