“Great Hotel in City Centre”
Review of E Hotel

E Hotel
Ranked #34 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bengaluru, India
“Great Hotel in City Centre”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights along with my wife. The location is great attached to one of the big shopping mall and close to the business district. The rooms were clean, well maintained and service was excellent.
The hotel manager Mr. Gaurav would personally ensure that the guests are comfortable and have a pleasant stay at the hotel.
Food was also good at the hotel, and being attached to the mall, you have a wide choice.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy and choose rooms away from parking areas.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shyamgirihebbar
GauravGuptaGM, General Manager at E Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014

Greetings from E Hotel!

We would like to Thank you for staying at E Hotel. We are glad that you have benefitted from the location as a mall hotel in CBDT. It was a pleasure taking care of you & look forward to serving you again.

Thank you once again. Please join our social network for E Hotel updates.

Gaurav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Travelling to India from Australia is quite an experience. It was made into a brilliant trip thank you to the staff at E Hotel.
Travelling with my mother who loves 5 star I was a little worried about hotels. I checked out the reviews on Tripadvisor and it was suggested that E Hotel was they way to go.
They reviews were right!
What the reviews didn't mention was the brilliant staff at the front desk!!
There was a lady call Punita at the front desk every morning when we stayed and it seemed like she really wanted us to to enjoy the hotel and Chennai. Every morning after breakfast (which was beautiful by the way) I would go to Punita and ask her questions about where to go and what to do. She would sort everything out for us and even speak to our driver to make sure we were looked after.
Our driver who was organised by the hotel was a lovely lovely man!!! We got to know him over the week we were there and was always worried about use where we were going and would give us his number to call if there were any problem.
This hotel is a must!!!

I have know doubt that i will go back to Chennai and stay at E Hotel again!!!
Enjoy!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MTanke
Greetings from E Hotel!

Thank you for visiting India & choosing E Hotel for your stay. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I have conveyed your appreciation to Punita & other team members at Hotel. Appreciate the time you have spent in reviewing about E Hotel.

Thank you once again for your time. Please join our social network for E Hotel updates. We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Chennai.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed March 11, 2014

recently had a party at the banquets , food was excellent , service was good but need to improve on service and Mr murugan , banquets manager was very cooperative and was personally looking after the arrangements , keep it up!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Greetings from E Hotel!

Appreciate the time you have spent in reviewing your experience at E Hotel. Happy to hear that you enjoyed the food & service. I have passed on your comments and regards to Murugan & team.

Thank you once again & look forward to serving you very soon. Please join our social network for E Hotel updates.

swansea
Reviewed March 9, 2014

excellent staff and service at the ehotel, lovely spacious rooms . Hotel situated within express mall , which has a great food court . Staff were more than helpful they are a credit to this small boutique hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings!

Thank you for choosing to stay at E Hotel during your recent visit to Chennai. We are glad to read that, overall you have had a comfortable stay in our spacious Elegance rooms like many other guests. Your kind words have been conveyed to the E Hotel team.

Thank you once again for your patronage, time & feedback, which is very valuable for us. Look forward to welcoming you again & in the meantime please join our social network for E Hotel updates.

Hartford, CT
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here as a single woman for 2 nights in March, 2014. The location was great for shopping, as the hotel is attached to a mall, so I didn't have far to lug my purchases. Location also not far from T. Nagar sari sops. My room was very clean and comfortable. The staff could not have been more pleasant. They were always rushing to help me carry my bags, or to help me get an auto, or find a restaurant. They even let me use one of their computers one day when i needed A real computer instead of my ipad. The free wifi worked well, but it was annoying, as I had to login again every time I used it during my stay, even if I just put my iPad down for haf an hour. Breakfast was OK, I arrived a bit late, so selection was limited. The Elixir Lounge opened when I was here and I was hoping for a glass of wine but there wasn't any. I popped my head in but didn't feel comfortable there as a women alone. Looked like an Indian men's drinking place. I think I saw one woman. Tried to have a glass of something delivered to my room but there is no license for that. India is definitely not geared towards wine drinking in general. All in all, a pleasant stay made very agreeable by the friendliness of the staff!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GauravGuptaGM, General Manager at E Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset I would like to Thank you for your valuable time and sharing your review to many other Chennai travelers. We are very happy to read that you had a good stay like other Single Lady Travelers who had stayed at hotel E, a convenient shopping location. We have noted your comments regarding the Wi-Fi and breakfast. On Elixir bar launch, the quality of wine selection was limited for procurement and now we have many lady guests at Elixir further to the advertisement. We hope during the next visit to E Hotel you will unwind at the bar & enjoy yourself.
Your feedback and suggestions are very important, for which we are grateful to you. We hope to see you very soon for a memorable stay. Request to join our social network for E Hotel updates.

Ahmednagar, India
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Had a great time here. We were 2 couples who checked in on 5th March 2014. We had great time. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very spacious. Only the minus point was that we didn't get hot water in our bathroom of room no. 503. Even though after calling them thrice, there was no maintainence guy to help out.
Otherwise the hotel is fantastic and I am sure to stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GauravGuptaGM, General Manager at E Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing E Hotel for your stay during your recent visit to Chennai.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. Glad that you liked the rooms & ambience.
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the water & necessary action has been taken towards staff and concerned department to prevent this problem from happening again.
We hope to regain your confidence and look forward to welcoming you again and assure that we will meet your expectations. Please join our social network for updates.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The best place to celebrate an event. Extremely clean, professional, classy and beautiful. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner event. The Banquet manager S. Murugan understood our requirements and gave us a fantastic deal.

The pricing is reasonable. We had a widespread menu including a live pasta counter!

The best part was that we were even allowed to overstay out time..

Overall food, service and facilities - A+. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing hotel E. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the vegetarian cuisine and service. I have passed your comments and appreciation to Mr. Murugan and team.
Once again Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to serving you. We request you to join our social network for timely updates.