“Great Range and Knowledgeable Staff”
Review of Lloyds Tea House

Lloyds Tea House
Cuisines: American
Description: Lloyds- a name that reflects our british inspired beginnings, has culminated into an aesthetic blend of flavour and style that we have developed from our travels far and wide. We bring to you the worldwide cultures of tea in our extensive menu of 63 teas chosen carefully by our in house tea connoisseur. Our eclectic choice of cuisine can leave you spoilt for choice. A refreshing and eclectic space for a mix of thoughts, chatter and relaxation. Come take a sip!
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is one of those places where the passion of the management to provide a great experience to the customer really comes through. I have visited many tea shops that simply don't understand the products they sell. I was simply delighted to see a cafe that featured Gyokuro, and Pu-erh and teas from Maikabari and Gopaldhara estates.

The staff too understand the sensibilities of the customer and the management did confide in me the pains they have taken to orient the staff towards this.

Kudos on both counts! Hope some more varieties like Giddapahad etc. get included in the future.

There are newer reviews for Lloyds Tea House

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is good, but not THAT good. I feel when something new pop up in Chennai which is not ordinary Indian restaurants, it always gets insane reviews.

It is an ordinary cafe, which has the stuff an ordinary cafe should have: tea, coffee, and some food/snacks. The tea selection is good, and they also have good coffee. The food they make (pizza, sandwiches, toast) is ordinary, nothing special. The snacks and cake is the same.

Usually full of posh people, and a little high price.

1  Thank Henning K
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The range and taste of teas are superb.
The eats are above average but no more.
We really hope they are able to maintain the environment.
The service could be a bit more attentive without spoiling the privacy they offer despite a busy place.
Possibly not too heavy on foreign purses but for general Indian level this could be a shade on the expensive side.
Well worth it, will be there again.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I went to Llyods tea house few days ago for a family meetup/dinner. I loved the atmosphere and the ambience of the place.

The spring onion soup was decent and main course(specially Lasagna) was good.
We ordered brown bread club sandwich, by mistake waiter got it made in white bread but then he was courteous enough to replace it.

Tea
The best part of the dinner and the reason I went there was the teas. I tried 3 different teas.
1. Chinese Speciality Pu-erh(Fermented dark tea) - I found this strong for my taste. Not my kind of tea. Black coffee lover would like it.
2. Zen Garden Aromatic Tea(Vietnamese white tea) - This had soothing fruity taste and not too strong. I liked this one.
3. Gyokuro Japanese Green tea - This one was rocking, it was expensive but this was the best and most refreshing.

Overall its a chilled out place to hangout.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Its my new favorite place to spend some ME time! Fresh and warm, this new little tea house is indeed like that cute little tree house that you made when you were young and decorated it with random crazy stuff! So, at Lloyds Tea House, you find the walls adorned tastefully by rickety suitcases, forgotten teapots, discarded scarves and what not! The ambience is perfect for casual conversations and romantic ones too! It's not very big but good enough to accommodate 25-30 people at one time. The serving team is efficient and amiable. You won't be disappointed.

The TEA menu exudes quality. A wide range to appeal all kinds of visitors, even those who are married to coffee! The side dishes complement the hero of the house. Binge on pastas, sandwiches, fries, nuggets and likes.

I ordered for an Orange Fest, which was a orange flavored black tea with a tinge of orange rind and oh boy! It was captivating! One of the best teas I have had in a long, long time. To go with it, I munched on Chicken Kebab on Toast which was pretty good as well.

And yes! Do not forget to enjoy the novel way they PREPARE the tea for You! You will probably be transported to your Chemistry class! ;) Visit them to know what I mean :)

Meal for 2: INR 450 (Veg); INR 550 (Non-Veg)