“Overwhelming Service and Brilliant food”
Review of Triana Restaurant - CLOSED

Triana Restaurant
Cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese, Diner, Indian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Buffet, Delivery
Chennai (Madras), India
“Overwhelming Service and Brilliant food”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My colleague from Mumbai and myself wanted a place where we can have dinner and watch the IPL as well. While checked in Charminar, on the top of this restaurant, where they had put in a Giant screen. Incidentally they discontinued and we accidentally landed here in search of a TV. Well, this reiterated my belief that everything happens for the good.

When we mentioned our pre requisite we were provided the best place wherein we can watch the match. I have never seen the warmthness of a restaurant staff like this before. I was compelled to ask Riaz his name.

We ordered for a Grilled Chicken, an Arabic Salad and a Arabic Biriyani. We were informed that the Arabic Biriyani has been discontinued as people did not like it. They believe it was because the Biriyani has a tinge of sweetness and thus it did not work well. Thus , we were pondering what to do, when Riaz came in and said that he would request the Chef to make it, as he has never seen someone asking and enquiring about food, with so much of passion. Deal down we concentrated on the match , soon to be bowled with the Grilled chicken.

The Arabic Salad was out of the world. I cannot in my wildest dream thought that Salad can be so tasty. Truly, exceptional and outstanding.

The Arabic Biriyani arrived with lot of surprises. It has a smell of Zafran, very much like the Biriyani of Lucknow. It was served on a large omlette and the chicken pieces were tasting like Chiken 65. I will agree this was not the best Biriyani in terms of taste, but in terms of uniqueness this is the best I can think off. We were also given a complimentary Coke.

The ambience is good, valet parking is available. The food is brilliant. But, I guess that the trait for a very good rating. I am giving a point more, because of the warmth of the staff, so much enthusiasm to customer queries and a special Thumbs up for Riax. Hope this can just continue

Well done folks. Keep it up !!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Indradeep R

Chennai
“Exquisite food, worth every penny”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had an opportunity to have dinner at Triana recently for a friend's birthday. I hadn't expected much of the restaurant, but it turned out to be excellent. The spread was huge and the taste was way above expected. Loved the ambiance and the service. Very prompt, kind and friendly waiters and the manager made it a point to make sure we were happy with the food and service, once after every dish was served. Enjoyed the experience.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank rakesharr
chennai
“Good place for fusion food”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

took my family here for a dinner. car parking space available, ambiance was good and the food was excellent. service was also good. try out spicy corn chicken soup. it was excellent. starters - velvet fish, beijing pepper chicken and chicken lollipop were excellent. we had for main dish punjabi mutton and chicken kolapuri, both were very good. the kulchas and naans were superb, just perfect. the chicken dum biriyani was okay but not bad, should have tried out their speciality which was arabian/afgani biriyani.
overall, at the end of the dinner we felt that the food we had was excellent everyone was satisfied.
will definitely visit again. thinking of trying out their lunch buffet :)

• Visited January 2013