1,168 results
All reviews board walk symphony restaurant boardwalk restaurant value for money open air restaurant marina towers rooms are spacious room service breakfast spread was good swimming pool bathroom fittings comfortable stay first floor business trip the heart of the city travel desk railway station
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed only for a day on the 21st of Feb, The staff was very welcoming, the rooms were well maintained and the breakfast was delicious. In short I did enjoy my stay at Ramada and I look forward to stay at Ramada again during my visit to Chennai and I recommend it to others in need of a good place to stay. In short they did live up to the hype as in the reviews.
Regards,
Samson

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Booked Ramada, Egmore as I had my meetings scheduled in Egmore. It was a very comfortable stay. Food, Attendants, Front Desk all were good. For me, even location was the best. It was hardly 5-10 minutes from my meeting location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night on the 19 th of feb on way to tirupati

Decent place, good food reasonably priced

Housekeeping needs to improve(the ceiling fans were not clean, bathrooms were ok, carpets in the common area outside the rooms had stain marks).

Good for the price

Would stay again if i visit chennai

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were at this wonderful hotel for only 2 nights but it really made a great impression.

The staff were very welcoming, from Sulekha Mridha the front office manager who was very attentive and helped us resolve a problem in the bathroom to the breakfast staff, for whom nothing seemed too much trouble.

the room was spacious, with a great view over the infinity pool. Pool was just perfect to cool off in and an oasis from the city below.

The breakfast was delicious and varied. An interesting mix of people amongst the guests and the hotel was busy so obviously popular with both Indians and visitors from other countries.

BUT the best thing about the hotel was J Kennedy, on the front desk - he was AMAZING!!

Kennedy helped us with travel advice, finding a car to take my husband to appointments in Chennai, then made all our onward arrangements. He made phone calls on our behalf and checked & rechecked that everything was in order. He also gave us his number in case we needed any more help and showed real attention to detail - providing us with bottled water and tissues for our 3 hour car journey, which was really thoughtful.

we will definitely return to Ramada Egmore when we come back to Chennai....in fact it has made us want to seek out other Ramada hotels on our future travels

Highly recommend

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights before joining a tour. The hotel itself is great- free Wifi in the lobby and rooms (only 1 device at the time). Rooms are spacious, clean and come with kettle, hairdryer and iron/ ironing board.
There is a small pool on the first floor which was great to refresh after a day in town. Breakfast was varied and plentiful.
It is located about 5min walk from the Egmore train station- you can take a train from the train station near the airport (~500m walk) for 5 Rs~ 30min.
To go around the town the hotel reception recommends (expensive) taxis, but when changing trains once, you can go cheaply (5 Rs) to Mylapore where most temples/ churches are.

If you exit the hotel and walk towards the train station there are a few cheap eateries and small corner shops, as well as ATM's.
If I wouldn't have joined the tour- I would stay near Mylapore next time.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor facing the back or side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo