Ramada Chennai Egmore
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$210
$140
$184
$177
  • Pool
$87
$65
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$114
$102
Trip.com
$81
$61
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$151
$66
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$71
$52
Agoda.com
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$63
$60
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$133
$112
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savera Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
$63
$60
All reviewsboard walksymphony restaurantboardwalk restaurantvalue for moneyopen air restaurantmarina towersrooms are spaciousroom servicebreakfast spread was goodswimming poolbathroom fittingscomfortable stayfirst floorbusiness tripthe heart of the cityrailway stationtravel desk
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Arrived here after 24 hours of travel. Luckily the bed was the second most comfortable I have ever slept in (only beaten by my own bed at home!), so despite my jet lag I had a wonderful night's sleep. The room was big, we had a single & a double bed and there were all the usual facilities in the room, including a kettle. We only stopped 1 night, so I can't comment on anything other than the room, but I often yearned for this bed as we journeyed around South India!

1  Thank SanRobbo
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Likes
The hotel location was good. Pretty much at the heart of the city. Easy access to major points in the city.

Dislikes
It didnt feel like a 5 star hotel. More like a 3 star or 4 star. The furniture in rooms looks very old and pieces falling off. The bathroom had a very dirty smell, which was rectified by the staff. The breakfast was a complete disappointment with very few options and all the bread and bakery items were cold and hard. The waiters dont even attend to you, had to specifically ask for coffee and water. Definitely the worst Ramada hotel experience i've had.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HJayaShankar G, Group President at Ramada Chennai Egmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Mr. Sudheesh,

Thank you for staying at Ramada Chennai Egmore and your elaborate feedback.
We are pleased to know the accessibility of the hotel was of your benefit. However, we are disheartened to learn that we fell short of your expectations in many of our areas.

I have noted the concerns to the right spirit and do assure you that these areas would be worked upon to eliminate it from further occurrence.
This usually is not our standard as many travelers have expressed their views for us in this portal.

I do hope that you give us another opportunity and allow us to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to personally welcome you on your next visit. Please do write to me at the following e mail ID.

gp@ramadachennaiegmore.com

Reviewed January 21, 2014

It was a Pleasent and wonderful experinece with RAMADA during the DINNER on the 20th Jan for the Entire team of MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC INDIA. A Special Mention of MAPIN PHILIPS, SALIN, JENSON and BHUVANESHWARI for their Courtesy and Support.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HJayaShankar G, Group President at Ramada Chennai Egmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Ramada Chennai Egmore and sharing your feedback.

We feel very happy to know that you had a memorable dinner get together here. Mapin, Salin, Jenson and Bhuvaneswari are well recognized based on your feedback. They are our asset and are worthy being appreciated. Thank you once again for mentioning about them.

We do look forward to be at your service soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here when I arrived in India in December. The hotel collected me from the airport which was very useful. Also allowed me to check in very early too.

Great rooms with huge very soft bed, bathrooms are clean but a little shabby. There's a lovely (small) pool with a couple of loungers which didn't seem to be used much - I didn't swim as I felt uncomfortable in swimwear there.

Breakfast was a bit ordinary but everything there you would expect. The restaurant by the pool is fantastic though, if a little expensive.

Very helpful staff who sorted out onward travel for me.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
HJayaShankar G, Group President at Ramada Chennai Egmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Ms. Thompson,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and spending your valuable time in sharing your feedback.

We are pleased to know that you like the specious room and the bed, though not the bath room and you found the staff helpful. We have also noted the concerns you have expressed and have addressed the same by taking it up with the concerned department heads.

However, on your next visit we would like to offer you a room with renovated bathroom.

We look forward to welcoming you back.