“Serenity and Spirituality”

Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I go to this temple whenever i go to Chennai. My most favourite place in Chennai for its calmness and the peacefulness. You feel like in are in a different world.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Lovely temple with greenery... Spiritual and relaxing place. There is a huge meditation hall and lots of open spaces.

1  Thank Aparna B
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend for all Baba devottees, very peaceful place. We had a chance to garland Baba and we were also given to something to eat. Felt really good after praying and distributing some coins to unfortnates standing outside the temple..flower stall are there to buy flowers. Roshni singh

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have given the ratings to this temple as EXCELLENT, with five star. This is from my point of view as an ardent Hindu Devotee of Shridi Saibaba and who has been visiting this temple once in a week when ever I am at Chennai. But from an international tourist's point of view it may not be so, or in other words, as a Tourist attraction it may not get five stars rating. For example it may not have any heritage value, any special architecture or any great building value. But for the people who have faith( whole hearted and unconditional faith) in Shridi Saibaba it is mind blowing experience during the visit and subsequent after effects to your whole hearted prayers by totally surrendering to him mentally.
I started going to this temple , may be some date in 1998, after having undergone and experiencing some unbelievable episodes in my life, as the after effects of my whole heartedprayers, I keep going regularly. I attribute this as my personal opinion) mainly for the prayers on the health point of view only. I have not prayed for money or wealth to him so I refrain myself from commenting on it. But once again I repeat, miracles have been happening on health matters & also based on my exchange with the fellow visitors standing in the Queue.
The most important saying from this great saint( I consider him as the representative of God for all religions and not as God himself) is that to give or donate food for the poor. Food is being distributed throgh out the day in this temple and full lunch is provided between 11.00 hrs to 14-00 hrs extendable upto 15.00 hrs on availability. That's why devotees who make a vow to him bring food stuff such as rice. sugar, grains etc., and many donate food pockets and other food stuff to all near the temple. it will be crowded heavily on thursdays at all hours. it is Walkingdistance from Mylapore metro station and about 1.5 Kilometers from Kapaleeswarar temple Mylapore. Free stalls are there to keep the foot wear.
I have also visited the shridi saibaba temple at Wembley, West London, UK. and the first Saibaba Temple in India at Shridi where he lived to his end.

3  Thank Gajarajan1947
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Never venture on a thursday, as the temple is very crowded and not really worth the effort and long drive from chennai city. Entry is usually free, and donations are accepted for Free meal service.

1  Thank Indianmiser