“Dinner at the best vegetarian fine dining restaurant in the city”
Review of Royal Vega

Royal Vega
Reserve a Table
eazydiner
Ranked #13 of 7,111 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Price range: $0 - $2,600
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Have been here multiple times and the mojo remains the same. My recent visit to this place was when I had stayed here. Spectacular food, both Jain and regular. Earlier they used to serve a la carte and now they have mandatory thali. The thali is too filling and it's mind blowing. I was told by rohit (meet him when you guys visit this place and he will take care of everything!) That they source the grocery on a daily basis and hence the food is fresh every single day since it's prepared from scratch. I would also particularly mention that the custodian of this cuisine chef varun is a perfectionist. The food is consistently delicious every single time we visit this place.

Hospitality of Mr. Balaji and Mr. Nirdosh is fantastic. They made us feel like home.

Note: The thali is too heavy for a single person to reach upto the last course, so please plan your courses accordingly. The kofta and paneer are to die for. I was also told that the paneer is sourced from ghaziabad exclusively at this restaurant. Paneer goes well with doli (not on menu, but you may request the chef to do so, if informed in advance).

Please get in touch with Mr Rohit (manager) possibly before heading there and he would sort out everything for you, especially if it's your first visit.

Cheers to the entire team!

Date of visit: January 2019
GM_ITCGrandChola, General Manager at Royal Vega, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Namaste!

Thank You for sharing your appreciative and wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor!

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent dining experience at Royal Vega! Balaji, Nirdosh and the entire team are glad to have received your kind words of appreciation.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant, the people, the food all were outstanding.
Up till now I was not sure of vegetarian food. But this place has stirred and managed to rouse my inner herbivore. Super. Rohit and his team were fantastic.
Felt the mouth freshener was too hot but the rest made up for it.

1  Thank DaGabru
GM_ITCGrandChola, General Manager at Royal Vega, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Namaste!

Thank You for sharing your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor!

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your recent dining experience at Royal Vega! Rohit and the entire team are glad to have received your kind words of appreciation.

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

This is the perfect place for you to dine if you are a pure vegetarian!

they served in 'silver plate' and south indian foods served in banana leaf which is rare in Chennai; the quality of food is very tasty and visual appearance also wonderfull,

Staffs hospitality impressed my family, I don't know how ITC finding these kinds of hospitality staffs, everyone are excellent all are serves with smiling face,
Only ITC can do this

then I have grown one level up in my family, because of choosing this restaurant, because this restaurant gives us prince experience,

Date of visit: February 2019
GM_ITCGrandChola, General Manager at Royal Vega, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Namaste!

Thank You for sharing your wonderful feedback and recommending us on Trip Advisor!

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at Royal Vega!

It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us and we will sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

My parents are pure vegetarian, and they don't prefer to eat at a place where veg and non veg are cooked together.
My Uncle recommended this place.
Oh my God this place is divine
From ambience to food and service everything is like Royal.
It's like eating at a palace.

Food- wonderful
Attire of serving staff- classy
The people working there are happy, helpful, eager to make your experience a memorable one.( Like my mom doesn't like mushroom at all, they quickly change it.)

My family were happy, firstly they were eating at a pure vegetarian place and food was yum.
They brought a special cake in the end as it was my brother's birthday.
I must say everyone should try this cake, they call it Royal Vega special cake, lot of dry fruits(Royal cake)

I want to thank manager and Chef Amit who came to our table and took feedback and ensured that we are having a good time.

Kudos to team.
We will definitely come back again and will recommend others also.

Date of visit: January 2019
GM_ITCGrandChola, General Manager at Royal Vega, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2019

Namaste!

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at Royal Vega! Chef Amit and the entire team is happy to have received your kind words of appreciation.

Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

The Royal vega gives you the perfect blend of taste, service and ambience.
Had a great time with Royal vega the best place to go with the family and friends.
Highly Recommended.
Must visit to enjoy the Delicious vegetarian food with lot of varieties.

Date of visit: December 2018
GM_ITCGrandChola, General Manager at Royal Vega, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2019

Namaste!

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at Royal Vega!