“Excellent”

Cafe Mercara Express
Ranked #10 of 6,803 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Price range: $0 - $1,250
Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary, International, Fast Food, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great food and ambience. Lovely place and good choice of food items. Quiet, spell binding and a good place to relax with the family.

Ranvir_Bhandari, General Manager at Cafe Mercara Express, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Delighted to note that your experience was a fantastic one.

The team eagerly awaits your return visit to be able to curate more wonderful dining experiences.

Thank you for patronizing the hotel.

Warm Regards,

Ranvir Bhandari,
Regional Vice President South & General Manager ITC Grand Chola

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I am frequent traveller. My nature of work demands the same. I have visited many five star restaurants at many places and I tell you the kind of service and discipline I found in your restaurant is just immaculate. My experience at your restaurant is just full paisa vasool. Hats off to you guys for maintaining such high standards in field of hospitality. Thanks for satisfaction. I would really like to visit again and again.

Ranvir_Bhandari, General Manager at Cafe Mercara Express, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Café Mercara Express and that the service matched your expectations.

We hope you will visit us again soon and look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Happy to hav visited Mercara ..
Thanks to Mr.Tomar from Grand Chola for some splendid memories.We now hav two favorites ...Madras Pavilion n of course Mercara. .
A must for anyone looking to good times...quiet, unobstructive n yet spell binding...
Merci Mercara. ..

2  Thank Asha G

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to learn that Café Mercara Express and Madras Pavilion have emerged as your favourite restaurants. Upender Tomar and the team at both the restaurants are thrilled by your kind comments.

We look forward to your return and to the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My colleague and I have to catch a late night 18Hr - flight out of Chennai and were looking to grab a good bite to eat before our journey. Our choice of place - Café Mercara Express at the ITC Grand Chola. Not only is the place ideal to have a discussion before the meal itself, the place also offers a great ambience and the seats are just what we needed to relax. The touch of true café ambience is augmented with the jukebox and sets the scene for a refreshing meal.

My European partner chose South Indian and I was not expecting anything but regular fare. Mr. Jaison and Gokul were the two people who changed my opinions for the better from the get go!. Jaison suggested the banana flower cutlets (something that was new to me but tasted delicious) and the Mercara Munch - an excellent choice. For the main course we ordered rice combos and found it to be quite satisfying especially because they came with desserts too. During the course of the meal Mr. Gokul helped choose red wine as a nice alternative to beer - especially considering the food we were eating. We were very happy with his choice and I personally was surprised to find that wine mixed well with indian food - a tip Mr. Gokul was happy to share. We found the service of the staff impeccable and the way Jaison and Gokul took the time to ask for our opinions and made suggestions to improve our experience was commendable; this in our opinion made a very good meal - EXCELLENT. I look forward to dining there again soon and trying some of the other dishes with the advice of Jaison & Gokul. Keep it up team ITC. I now look forward to a relaxing flight which could have otherwise been a tiring chore!

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to learn that Café Mercara Express could surprise your palate and Jaison and Gokul’s recommendations were enjoyed by you and your colleague.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you and look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had stayed at ITC Grand Chola for the 2nd time while travelling at Chennai, really had a poor dinner experience, I've ordered for Bhetkti Fish Curry, where the fish was not at all fried and was steamed and cooked in a curry,

It was not at all to our standards and we could not have a satisfactory dinner.
After this I preferred to have lunch and dinner at other hotels but totally lost confidence on ITC hotel's Restaurant.

My request to ITC is that they should have few items at least available for guests traveling from Bengal, because ITC is a great hotel, only because of food my rating is 3 out of 5.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we sincerely regret the unpleasant experience at Café Mercara Express.

We hope you will allow us customise your dining experience on your next visit and look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola again soon.