“Good Clean Place”
Review of Peace Inn

Peace Inn
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I found it a good, clean place to stay for a few days when coming into Chennai...and after a day wandering round...I'd stayed at a lot of the cheaper places in the past and didn't mind spending little extra for a quiet, clean room with space...
Also - nice little place to grab a coffee and breakfast on the roof in the morning...
It's worth getting your bearings, because it is off the main roads and at night you might take time finding it...
Steve, UK/Thailand

Room Tip: Well - I always ask to see my room in India....
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I recently booked this hotel for my visit to Chennai. I went by the reviews posted in TripAdvisor for this hotel and went ahead booked this hotel. Upon reaching the hotel, I notices that the hotel is located on a very narrow and crowded road where I found it very difficult to drive my car. I did not want to park my car anywhere near that location. Also, it did not look like a locationw here you could stay with your family. So, I decided not to stay at this place and booked another hotel in Chennai.

My advice for people who are looking to book this hotel is to do some research on where it is located before you book it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SanalBabu
Reviewed March 15, 2014

On my second night someone from the hotel tried to break into my room at around 1am, how do i know that it was someone from the hotel? they called my room first then started talking dirty i guess to confirm i was in the room around the same time someone took a key to open the door and then started to try to bash in the door. (2 people working together i guess)

Even though i was scared i stayed there a few more days as i did report it to the police and the hotel manager. The police logged the complaint but seemed uninterested the manager took me aside and promised it wouldnt happen again (it didnt) . So i figured that as the room was secure (2 bolt locks at the top and bottom of the door) that it was best to stay where i was as surrounding hotels didnt seem to have the same security on the doors and i wasnt sure if this was a common accurance in the area. Defiately freaked me out and was a very unwelcome introduction to India.

Aside from this it was a really nice hotel but for obvious reasons i wont return. clean, wifi, room service, cable tv, nice bathrooms, resonable rooms, well furnished.

The hotel is on kindd of in a dirt road type street not a great area although you can walk to the beach although not sure why you would want to as it is a slum where peopel live. (at least the part i saw)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TravelButterflyTalks
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Rooms (4/5): The rooms are clean and big. Beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are what can be expected for the price.

Service (2/5): Service is only the minimum that one would expect. Neither are the rooms cleaned on a daily basis nor are towels/toilet paper automatically replaced.

Location: (3/5): The location as such near Chepauk Statium is nice for those who like it loud and busy but hardly any taxi driver will know where to drop you off. Big street can most easily be accessed from it's parallel - bells road.

Food: (4.5/5): Here is where peace park inn starts. The rooftop restaurant serves delicious food at cheap prices. The aloo paratha and dosas for breakfast alone are worth the stay. Only downside - the rooftop restaurant doesn't really offer much of a view since a bunch of ac crates are arranged right on the balcony side.

Overall value (4/5) : With 2100 rs per night for an ac room the overall price value for a city like chennai is okay. Personel is in general very friendly and helpful. Great food. Would stay there again if I come back to Chennai.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CapoCH123
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Though it took us some time to search for this hotel in triplicane/chepauk, it was nice feeling once we got in and checked-in to our deluxe room. Two of us stayed from 2nd March to 6th March in room 102. Here are my ratings :

a) Room :
- Bed : Excellent
- Lighting : Very good
- Furniture : Good
- Natural light : Poor
- AC : Very good. Swing function was not proper. Otherwise fine.
- Toilet/Bathroom : Good. Bit small and congested. But maintained well with
Jaquar fittings. For some reason Geyser was not heating water properly. Also, apart
from morning few hours, we couldnt switch on geyser. I think main is controlled by
someone else from their office. So, claiming 24 hrs hot and cold water is wrong.
Also, water drain is not proper. Even after 10 mts, it wont drain. I feel there floor
angle is not proper.
- TV : Has SONY LCD tv. Its very good. But what irked us the most was that all the
kannada channels were blocked and only DD Chandana was coming. So, if you are
looking only for non karnataka customers, better mention it somewhere so that we
dont come in. I would appreciate if you can respect the sentiments of kannadigas
and allow kannada tv channels too.
- Passage outside the room : many a time, lights were switched off and its very dark
and with no natural light coming in, we found it difficult while locking the door when
we wanted to go out.

Service :
Reception/ Check-in process : Very good with good security measures followed. Without photo id card, u r not allowed and our picture is taken then and there itself using webcam. Pls check their website about which photo id cards are allowed.
DOnt forget to visit Birds Park at the reception. It has some lovely/lively birds chirping always. WOnderful.

Room Service : Quite good and fast.

Roof Top Restaurant : Limited items but very tasty (as a vegetarian, I can comment only on Veg food). Bit costlier compared to other hotels. Service is nice. Nice breeze would be blowing almost always. But one has to bear the sound of gas cylinders being thrown around by some agency nearby, at least during breakfast time!!! Cant help as hotel has nothing to do with it.

Tariff : Very good. Value for money.

Location : Excellent . Though the road is called "Big Street", its a narrow road and thats the only negative thing about it. Otherwise, we can easily walk to Marina Beach, Sri Parthasarathy Temple, Sri Raghavendra Mutt, Sri Panduranga temple. Also, Bharathi Salai/Pycrofts road has some good shops / restaurants and its not even 5 mts walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 102. Its Excellent except there is no natural light coming in.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trvenkat2013
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had everything I needed - nice spotless room, good wifi, TV, helpful reception desk and on-site restaurant at the top floor. It was not the cheapest, but well worth it considering what you get. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: I had a room at 1st floor which was a bit dark, so I would try getting one at higher floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Andreja S
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We arrived after an early flight from Goa, shown straight to our very comfortable room, we had a problem with the air con and television (completely our fault) a phone call to the reception and with in a minute the manager was in the room and sorted it out for us. Nothing is to much trouble for the staff here. It is perfectly situated in the centre of town for exploring. We felt four days was enough in Chennai this hotel is very good value for money and serves a great bowl of porridge!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back no view but no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple