“mount residency”
Review of Mount Residency

Mount Residency
Ranked #93 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed July 3, 2014

hotel is above average.rooms are kept neat and clean..ac is working properly.because the lodge is near to us visa centre,it will be convenient for people coming for visa purpose.there is a good quality vegetarian restaurant nearby.

Room Tip: as i was there only for sleeping purpose i can not recommend any special area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

The first time I stayed at this place was in feb 14. Based on the good experience I decided to stay here... The first thing I noticed was that room was not clean and walls had food stains... Following TV wasn't working... When I got back the room wasn't cleaned... Which pissed us on further... I don't see a chance to revisit this place again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Rohitsmallya
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I recommend this hotel as it's Very close to US consulate, 50m from main Mount Road, easy to locate, close to Good Restaurants, Malls, shopping complex, railway station, post office. For the price and service it's really worth staying in this Hotel for a day or two.
24 hrs hot water, good and clean rooms. Furnishings are new and maintained well, all the rooms are air conditioned, it's quite new hotel I believe.
Overall the stay was very pleasant, they gave free extra bed during my stay for children. The staffs were very good and well behaved.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant and swimming pool in this Hotel, I couldn't modify the rating for these t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a good budget place to stay in Chennai, however, my stay was not that pleasant. The room was ok, but the bathroom was stinking all the time. I requested the staff to change my room , clean the washroom, many a times, but to no effect. There was also no hot water coming through the tap, the staff brought me water in a bucket 1 hour after i requested. Please check into better hotels in the surrounding, if you have an option to spend a little more. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: please check the washroom whether it stinks or not, before checking into the room
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Aniket_Kshatriya
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a budget accommodation in Chennai.

Otherwise, nothing great to write about this place.

Rooms are a bit too small but bathrooms are clean.

Staff is also helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The hotel is located just 50 m away from the main road.Though there is no restaurant but the hotel staff were friendly.They will get you lunch and dinner.The room as well as bathroom were neat and clean.The room was a small one but okay for two.This is okay for interviews, official tours for budget traveler.Though from the outside the hotel looks not so good but from the inside its very good.
I stayed there for 4 nights and it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ARout32
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Had recently stayed when in chennai on business trip. If the approach is kept aside it's a good and neat place. Does not have a restaurant attached but against order they deliver food from near by hotel. On my arrival I noticed that AC had a issue, on informing they promptly changed my room. The silence of the location helps in getting a good sleep. I would surely recommend it.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business