“Non veg ok..”
Review of Zaitoon Restaurant

Zaitoon Restaurant
Ranked #253 of 6,804 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went there for our team lunch. The best here is that they give you chocolate syrup for sizzling brownie and we are generous enough to load our brownie :P veg varities are too less and all taste the same. Non veg heard itz good.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My first time at Zaitoon and it left a bad taste!
Let me start with the not so bad things as they were few....Starters - Arabian chicken was OK, Vallet parking.

Now for the things for improvement - Food on the whole, SERVICE, SERVICE, SERVICE, and ambiance - we were sitting on the 2nd floor and looked more like a conference hall.
We were three childhood friends meeting after a long time with our spouses and kids - it was a very special occasion and I regret that we decided on this place. I came down from Singapore for a vacation and was boasting there with my friends about Chennai and the service we can expect. Glad they were not with me here, seeing what Zaitoon dished out to us.

Please avoid this place at any cost if you want to have a decent meal with average service.

1  Thank sgnarj
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have visited this restaurant a few times - always for lunch - and have come away happy with the experience each time. I have also recommended it to friends who too have enjoyed their visits to this restaurant.

Zaitoon operates 1130-1600hrs and 1830-2300hrs. The restaurant offers an extensive menu featuring a choice of Arabian, Chinese and Indian cuisine apart from snacks, juices and desserts. While the Chinese and Indian food is perfectly good, as far as I'm concerned what makes this place a standout is their Arabian cuisine.

Start with the Lime Mint Cooler - great for a hot summer afternoon - keep sipping while you scan the menu.

Then head straight for the Arabian section of the menu. Get to the Grills and Barbeque - their Pepper Barbeque Chicken is scintillating.

Go next to the Tawa Kebabs section of the menu and you can't go wrong with the Pinka Dajaj sizzler and the Dajaj Faa. All served with pita bread and garlic sauce compliments of the house.

Next stop is the Hummus and Salads section of the menu - obviously have the Hummus (a small or medium plate if you're having it for the first time). Please ensure to have the Chicken Hawaiian Salad - it is almost a small meal by itself and outstanding value for money at just Rs. 120. The Chicken Pasta Salad is also a good choice though I still rate the Chicken Hawaiian Salad above it - or do what we did, and order both!!

Top off your Arabian repast with the Rose Falooda.

The staff are unobtrusive, well informed and patient - you don't get the feeling of being hustled to place your order or to complete your meal. And with a bill of under Rs.2500 for six people eating quite well, what you are left with is a nice happy feeling at the end of it all!!

PS: They also offer home delivery within a defined radius - call 044-26140004

1  Thank TMenon
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Dum Briyani is very good at Zaitoon. Also the BBQ chicken is very nicely prepared. The interiors are beautifully done. Tried fried rice with butter paneer masala. My Favorite is Mutton Dum Briyani and BBQ Chicken. Went many times to Adyar outlet. They had also started new outlet near Express mall on G P Road.

1  Thank Baskhar S
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner at Zaitoon. Really loved the food. Best part was, I found the pricing very much reasonable for the quantity they served. Menu is vast, so they have something for everybody; kids and adults.
They primarily serve arabic food apart from chinese and indian, just like sea shell restaurant in annnanagar. Do try their arabian/arabic chicken lollypop. It was just awesome.

1  Thank aqua21may