“A Day well spent”

Chennai Magic - Day Tours
Ranked #5 of 26 Tours in Chennai (Madras)
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer walking tours (for small groups of 2-6 people), customized car tours (for upto 4 people), and bus tours for groups. Our Tour Guides are a team of no-nonsense women who understand the history and culture of South India and will help you get under the skin of the city.
Navi Mumbai, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Day well spent”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had been on a half day city tour with Chennai Magic in December. Our guide was Abi. I must say it was a wonderful experience. Made me realise how much I did not know about the city that I grew up in. Would definitely recommend this to all those who are both old & new to Chennai. As for me, next up on my agenda is the Mahabalipuram tour with Chennai Magic.

1 Thank Shubha1981

Hong Kong, China
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Memorable Tour”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I had 2 tours - Mahabalipuram with Abi and Mylapore walk with Mirnalini. Both guides were fantastic in their knowledge and attendance throughout the tour and my Chennai trip definitely became a very memorable one. Suba, the coordinator was very efficient and made it hassle free for me to organize the tours within my short stay in Chennai.

Mahabalipuram with a rich history and amazing stone carved temples is a must visit! The guide explained each temples & arts in details but I should have researched a bit more about Hindu & the history beforehand to appreciate the sites deeper…

Mylapore walk was an another delight for me to look into the local's daily life and appreciation of the religion. Although it was such a hot day I really enjoyed walking around the neighborhood filled with crazy honking noises, scents of incense and so much colors!

2 Thank Ao_Cyma
Chennai (Madras), India
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Fantastic day!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had roughly 9 hours between flights and decided to book a day tour of Chennai and am so glad I did! Other that the terrible traffic, Chennai was a pleasant surprise. Beginning with my excellent guide, Abi, we scouted the sights as much as time allowed. We drove by the beaches, spent lots of time at the big temple, went to the St Thomas Church, to the museum to see the ancient bronzes, to the old Brotish ice house which now serves as a Swami Vivekenanda museum - complete with cheesy 3-D movie!, and enjoyed a lovely vegetarian lunch at Mathsaya. We even had time to shop for a much needed outfit to wear to an Indian wedding (thanks to Abi's help!) and all with time to spare in getting to the airport. I highly recommend this tour company as they did a fantastic job and made my trip extra special.

2 Thank Meg J
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should have done this tour when I arrived in Chennai”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have been working in Chennai for about 6 weeks now, and decided that I would like a tour of Mylapore. I had been reading about it online. A couple of my co-workers and I organzied a private tour which would be held at a time that was suitable to us. We all agreed that the tour was excellent and gave us a very good understanding of daily life in Chennai. We learned so much about the thriving community. It was an amazing experience! I would highly recommend this tour and tour company to anyone. Thanks again.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lisa L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Trip was awesome”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

A well organized trip. I had a lot of time at each city. Suba the trip cordinator. She put to gether a custom tour within a short time and was very helpful at sorting out random issues as they cropped up.Ganesh the driver was very cooperative . He would drop us and pick us up whenever we were done.Thanks Chennai Magic. A job well done.

Visited August 2013