“good stay option”

Hanu Reddy Residences Poes Garden
Bengaluru, India
“good stay option”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed on two occasions at Hannu reddy residences during Dec 2013. If I had to review it based on the first stay then I would state it was not up to the expectations . I was given a huge room ( I think room 37) with a decent bathroom . However the room looked old with mosaic flooring and unpolished woodwork. Moreover since there was a wedding reception going on the noise was pretty loud and one couldn't approach the reception.
On my return the room( room 30) given was smaller but modern and the bathroom was good. However to my misfortune again I had issues of noise with persons living in the next room making a din during their check out late night. Well I cant blame the hotel for someone else's behaviour but it would help if the soundproofing was better. Didnt avail of the breakfast buffet so can't comment. Locating the place is a problem unless you are tech savvy and have GPS on your mobile.
Overall a nice experience. room service for food is extremely slow though. They were prompt in taxi booking .Wish there were peepholes and call bell facility in the room.
Hotels provides a decent wi fi and okay dining options though priced on the higher side.
Drawback the hotel ran out of toilet paper and the cupboard in the second room smelt of fish. Also the staff linger around expecting tips.
Appreciate the water pressure in the bathroom especially in the shower.

Room Tip: There is a small fitness centre.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HRResidences, Chief Operating Officer at Hanu Reddy Residences Poes Garden, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologise for the inconvenience and disturbance caused to you by the noise in the residences and other issues that you have pointed out. I assure you that all of them will be looked into and will not be repeated. I welcome you to come back to stay with us and assure you that you will have a memorable stay at Hanu Reddy Residences.

Nirupama Reddy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Chennai
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Hello, I had used this property for putting some guests for two of my family occasions, starting with two guests for 2 days and going up to 68 guests in 30 rooms; I used the facility for private parties, common buffet lunches and dinners. My guests were from all over the world. I must say I was left completely happy and my guests all praise for the stay. The management is willing, the staff are well trained, hospitable and helpful, Food basically Indian will some international cuisine (less spice) thrown in was really excellent. Tasty yummy food well served. Spacious property and spot centrally located in Chennai. My events were a success and I must attribute major part of this to Hanu Reddy and the family Director incharge Ms. Nirupama Reddy. We could even call her at 1.45 am for some room allotment and she was all smiles. Go ahead and book here, you will love it.

Room Tip: This is a guest house type of quiet accommodation. Do not expect swimming pool, club house, gym etc...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We were honored to host your guests who came from all over the world to participate in the happy celebrations in your family. I thank you for your recommendation and look forward to your continued patronage.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed January 2, 2014

In past one year ,me and my husband stayed here for almost more than 8 months.Its like a home for us now..Now whenever we come to chennai,we never look for anyother option..Hanu reddy residences is always our first choice.The hospitality is good here especially the Nirupama and Ram.They are very generous and helpful..They truely make us feel comfortable here.One more person Mr.Anthony is really nice person.Whenever we want something we always get that...
The ambience is good,environment is clean,its all green everywhere..We always recommend this apartment to our friends and other people.

Room Tip: If u want to feel like home...do come to hanu reddy residences
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HRResidences, Chief Operating Officer at Hanu Reddy Residences Poes Garden, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest

It gives me and the staff of Hanu Reddy Residences great pleasure to have you as our guest. I thank you for your review and eagerly await your next visit.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Immaculate 1 year old hotel in the heart of Chennai (beautiful neighborhood), close to the US consulate and the major music events/sabha's. What really impressed me though was Ms. Nirupama's (owner) can do attitude. She exhibits true pride of ownership in the maintenance of the property and is always willing to help. The only thing they can potentially do better is the breakfast - while it is great for folks who like home cooked food its not your typical large spread buffet at bigger hotels. This is no way detracts from the property though - it will be our preferred destination on all future trips to Chennai

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments. We are taking steps to expand our breakfast options and assure you that you will have a better experience on your next visit.
Thanks again for recommending us on Tripadvisor.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Great personal attention by all the staff, management.
A little problem in locating the place for taxis and auto rickshaws.
Keep the hotel phone no for the taxi driver to get directions.
Hotel owners open to ideas of improving in all possible ways.
Clean and comfortable

Room Tip: Clean place,
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HRResidences, Chief Operating Officer at Hanu Reddy Residences Poes Garden, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure meeting you and I thank you for all the suggestions that you made to make our facility energy efficient and Eco friendly. Looking forward to your next visit.

Udaipur
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This time I had a chance to stay in Hanu Reddy Residences Poes Garden in Chennai. It was really a great experience. Its very clean hotel, Rooms are very good and spaces the food is very good and the staff and service is excellent. The owners are very polite, decent and helping.

I certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I liked all the rooms
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending us on Tripadvisor. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at Hanu Reddy Residences.

Pune
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I joined my husband on a business trip early this month. Our room was in the new building. Rooms were nice and clean.

They served a nice breakfast and we chose to sit out on the lawn( where seating is very limited). Food was very good and had a home-made taste.Room service was also very good. Lunch and dinner is available on request at very reasonable rates.

The downside was poor Internet connectivity in the room although it is free of charge.
The hotel's location is very quiet and there is nothing much to do within walking distance.

All in all, a comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Check the room before unloading your luggage.and I would definitely go for rooms on the upper floor.
Dear Guest

We appreciate your effort in writing this review. Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We will take all steps to ensure that the speed of the wifi network is increased.