“something to see.” 5 of 5 bubbles

$23.00*
and up
Peacock Trail Walking Tour in Mylapore
More attraction details
Owner description: This ancient shrine to Shiva is centrally located and among the area’s most popular landmarks.
Montreal
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“something to see.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

A definite must while in Chennai, so colourful and lively. Remove shoes before entering. Suggested to bring socks with you so you are not walking the grounds in barefoot.

• Indonesian first
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 154 helpful votes
“Arul palikkum Kapali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

The temple is ancient one. Kept neatly with a very good concert hall. A place worth visiting to seek the blessings of Kapaleeswarar and Karpagambal.

Lucknow
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“If in Chennai...its a must!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Happened to reach a little early morning in Chennai and was sifting on wikitravel what all to see before hitting off to work when I discovered about this temple. It was written that it gets busy on Fridays but I happened to be there exactly on that day!!!

At around 5:15 AM I reached the temple gate when I saw a procession doing a round inside temple grounds while carrying the idol and chanting holy hymns and everyone following the pack. Being a Hindu myself, felt it such a rejuvinating experience that for many minutes I was connected to a different side of mine as I followed them. It finally culminated into an Arti and Pujariji giving "Tilak" and distributing Prasad.

Surrounded by Mylapore Tank, and lanes filled with shops selling all the Puja wares, feel this area represents a complete Tamil experience which is not to be missed. Such was an effect on me that I again revisited the place in the evening after my work was done.

After doing the Puja, I ate at SARVANA BHAWAN wherein the snacks were awesome.....so was their coffee!!

Overall an experience which is etched for life!

Visited January 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“powerful temple with great vibrations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I am a regular visitor to this temple whenever I find time during my stay in Chennai. It gives me an immense peace, satisfaction, and calmness within. Nothing I can say that I dislike about this holy temple.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

The gate is nice. We weren't allowed into the main shrine. We got hassled to have a guide, then to make donations and then to take a tour of the city (& shops) for 200 INR. After looking at the pool we escaped through the back gate.

If you want to go in you can leave your shoes in the office left of the main entrance.

1 Thank Adam D