“Caught my taste bud”
Review of Crimson Chakra

Crimson Chakra
Ranked #248 of 6,700 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

The Sunday fiesta turned out to be really pleasurable. I ordered a cold chicken salad and my wife a stuffed chicken manter and both made us droll for a long time. The seating was comfortable and it also has the option of seating outside which can be tried with kids around. The portions were large and the service were prompt.
The only reason I had not rated 5 is there is a single restroom for 1 person and I failed in two attempts I made.
But overall a must visit place if you are in chennai and especially if you like continental

1  Thank Indradeep R
CrimsonChakraAdyar, Owner at Crimson Chakra, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for visiting Crimson Chakra and giving a highly complimentary review. We are extremely glad that you and your family spent a wonderful Sunday with us. Do visit us more often and discover our other dishes. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Best Wishes

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Too much hype for this place. Agree food is good but not worth the money. Very highly priced.

Ambience--Poor/Average (very normal... don't go by the pictures available in different sites)
Service--Worst/Above worst

Place from outside was looking great and when we went inside we had to struggle as nobody was there in the reception (kind of) or in the dining area. Struggled to stop a person to find out what happened to our booking. We got table in few minutes and waiter who came for us seems to be very new and he was not able to suggest any speciality items of Crimson.

At last with smart phone's help i took items from different reviews and asked him to bring... very slow and poor service. Fed up with the service i ordered the items, food was good. That's the only positive thing about this place.

Heard lots about Elaneer souffle however its not Elaneer.. Elaneer in tamil is tender cocount water however the dessert is made of cocount powder (artificial) and was highly priced.

Warm and indulgent dessert--again we ordered this based on reviews from different site but i bet there are many places where we can get better dessert of this combination (hot choclate and ice cream).. again over priced.

Dishes of prawns, crab were good. Aapam and crab onion masala was great. Smoked chicken rice (biriyani) was good too.

We selected this place to celebrate our special occasion but it actually spoiled the mood because of the service and Ambience.

2  Thank Vimprash

Dear Customer,

We are extremely glad that you took time to give us your feedback on your experience at Crimson Chakra. Customer satisfaction is always the top priority with us and your concerns are highly important for us to alter ourselves accordingly. Our staff has always been focussed on catering to our customers needs spontaneously and the incident you cite has helped in bringing that back as the main aim. We expect to see you soon with us and provide the service we believe in : excellence. Have a great day ahead!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

++Great food
++Unique ambience
++Good service

--Too many mosquitoes(Adyar outlet); you need to experience to understand
--Waiters were impatient to kick us out as we were the last for the night; started packing up even as we were there

1  Thank sundar1811

Dear Customer,

Thank you for visiting Crimson Chakra and giving us your feedback. We have taken your concerns regarding the service and environment issues into account and will work on it for the future. Visit us soon to have a better and much more enjoyable experience, Have a great day ahead.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have been living in Adyar for many years now. I have seen/heard people talk about Nikhil's "Crimson Chakra". It has been in my long pending to do list. I did get a chance to try their buffet yesterday. Oh my God, I knew what I have missed! Thanks to Sathya Nayaranan, CEO, Fruit Marx for taking me there!

The ambiance is awesome. The entrance looks like some fairy tale film is going to begin. It has a shrubs, creepers, water, which is a rare scene to see in Chennai. We are in the city, but feels like we are far away in a fairy tale land. There is not a sign of traffic noise nor a hint of pollution. The staff are courteous and the owner Nikhil is super friendly. The seating is unconventionally comfortable and the tables are big!

I am not a foodie nor am I a food adventurer. Well, thanks to Crimson Chakra, they did digg out the foodie in me. I should admit that I didn't try all the dishes in the buffet, but I tried a few and coudn't stop myself for the second scoop. The illaneer suffle was to die for, the chicken biriyani is one of the best I have ever tasted! the baked fish was melting in my mouth, the fish manchurian was like a bite of heaven. I should say a perfect food mojo

Ambience- 5/5
Food- 5/5...
Service- 5/5

I am definitely visiting again.

1  Thank sophizz

Dear Customer,
Thank you for visiting Crimson Chakra and joining our list of happy customers. It is a pleasure to have foodies who truly enjoy the eating experience and are willing to experiment. We are glad that we could bring out the foodie in you and hope to be a part of your gourmet adventures frequently! Our staff appreciates your compliments regarding the ambiance and service and will be excited to have you with us again. Have a great day ahead and do visit us soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went there and tried fish and lamb which i shared with a friend.
The fish was absolutely beautifully cooked.
The lamb pieces was a little booring (didnt taste lamb, but just something else)

The place looks beautiful, and i really hope they fix their garden in the back.

Also: Neighbour is a shop selling continental stuff, everything from pasta sauce, tuna fish, olives, taco equipement, and other stuff we are used to in the east. So go eat and later go buy what you have waited for!

1  Thank Henning K

Dear Customer,

Thank you for for visiting Crimson Chakra and giving us your feedback. We are extremely glad that you appreciate our cuisine and ambiance. Your concern regarding the lamb has been forwarded to the authority in-charge. We expect to see you soon for another experience of fun and food at Crimson Chakra. Have a great day ahead!