“Unique concept . Unique place”
Review of Spoonbill

Spoonbill
Ranked #3 of 148 Dessert in Chennai (Madras)
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The place prides itself in serving Street Food from around the world. Thus I wanted to visit from a long time. It can easily be spotted on TTK road, given the great branding and colour of its brand. You would not get parking in front, thus you need to take the side road on either side of the road to park.

The owners of the place is very friendly and they took time to explain us the menu. I also found that they are extremely proactive in reaching out to all and taking feedback. Such show of warmth really impressed me.

It a self service place wherein you need to order yourself . Once the payment is made you would handed over a pager which would buzz as soon as the food is ready. This is for you to collect the food from the counter. I found this very innovative and just loved it.

The time taken for the order is just apt and its a perfect place to hang out with friends with good food and a decent price.

There was only 1 drawback. There is a solitary toilet which did not have water and was filled up with mosquitoes. Thus do not venture into it and find another alternative :)

But I surely liked the food, the warmth shown and of course the Pager. Lets visit again.

1  Thank Indradeep R
SpoonbillChennai, Owner at Spoonbill, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Hello there and thanks for taking the time out to write a review about us. Your words encourage my staff and me to perform better.

Apologies for responding so late. Since you visited us almost 6 months back, I must update you that we have now increased our menu items to include street delicacies from 11 countries in both veg and non veg varieties covering starters to main courses to desserts...a lot more variety, a lot more choice. We also have special deals like Sunday breakfast, world lunch combos, happy hours, etc which you might want to check out.

We have also worked on your feedback about our restroom - sorry you had a bad experience.

Come back soon. We are looking forward to wow you!

Managing Director

There are newer reviews for Spoonbill

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Myself and my friend dropped in for a quick lunch and were impressed. The ambience was classy and the place was well-airconditioned and welcoming.

This is a self-service joint, and they have the pagers/beepers which is trendy and comfortable. You do not have to keep watching if your food is ready, instead feel relaxed. You also get a free wifi if your bill amount is over 500 I think. That was good.

The food was great ! We ordered Chicken Buritos and Lamb Keema Pav and both of them were good. It was a combo with a drink. That was ok too.

One of the very trendy places which doesn't compromise on the customer comfort. I would definitely visit again !

Hello there and thanks for taking the time out to write a review about us. Apologies for responding so late. Since you visited us about 6 months back, I must update you that we have now increased our menu items to include street delicacies from 11 countries in both veg and non veg varieties covering starters to main courses to desserts...a lot more variety, a lot more choice. We also have special deals like Sunday breakfast, world lunch combos, happy hours, etc which you might want to check out. Come back soon. We are looking forward.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I live the Crape with Fresh Fruits and Ice cream , But the way they Presented is very Difficult to eat Bcoz my Ice cream was on top and it is making my Crapes Soggy . rest Lovely Ambiance Amazing food:)

You had difficulty in eating the ice cream crepe - sorry about that. Next time, please ask for it to be served in a bowl. We have also started Belgian waffles - heavenly - you must try.

Come back soon. We are looking forward.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stopped in here while out for lunch from work.
Great selection of food, the German selection was very nice. We have been back once since our first visti and will return when I get back to Chennai. The staff was also very good.

Nice Job

Hello there and thanks for taking the time out to write a review about us. Apologies for responding so late. Since you visited us about a year back, I must update you that we have now increased our menu items to include street delicacies from 11 countries in both veg and non veg varieties covering starters to main courses to desserts...a lot more variety, a lot more choice. We also have special deals like Sunday breakfast, world lunch combos, happy hours, etc which you might want to check out. Come back soon. We are looking forward.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My sister introduced me to this place early this month....n we've been there almost 6 times after tht. I guess tht says it all :)) crepes are superb....so are the momos n above all the vada pavs...in chennai!!! Oh wat a bliss:) Must visit. Sandra is a great host n so is guru.

2  Thank Ann S
SpoonbillChennai, Owner at Spoonbill, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Hello and thanks for your comments on our Momos and Vada Pav. Thanks to your sister for introducing us to you...Guru and Sandra thank you for your kind comments. Please keep coming back - we have much more for you to try...see you soon.