“Good location and nice service”
Review of Raj Park Chennai

Raj Park Chennai
Ranked #78 of 405 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed during a business visit. The location is certainly great with easy access. I have stayed in this hotel many a times. Off lately, I felt the standard has deteriorated a bit. Hot water in the bathroom comes only after you already had a shower! Its very slow. Complimentary Wifi was very good. Quality of in-room dining was just fine.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had to stay here for a nite courtesy of Lufthansa! When i asked Lufthansa where we will be put up - they said at the Ramada, but this hotel no longer has ties with the Ramada chain. If given a choice, I would rather not stay here again despite the great location. Hotel is certainly looking its age. Water from the bathtub faucet was brown and I had to let the water run clear. Mini bar fridge is not even cold. Hallway to the room was dark and had a slight scent that made be gasp. Maybe I am just too sensitive but this hotel is a stark contrast from the Courtyard Marriott where I was staying previously. Early in the morning I heard strange sounds from either the hallway or outside my window.

Food at the hotel was only okay. I also had their buffet dinner - so so only, probably because they never bothered to refill the trays with fresh food. I was there around 8:45pm as the restaurant was full due to a big group. One thing I liked was their omelette for breakfast. Friend of mine tried to contact me but whoever answered the phone could not find me on the list or just could not be bothered. There was only 1 elevator so if they have a banquet on the 7th floor, good luck with getting the elevator as it was always full by the time it got to my floor.

Hotel is near a little grocery, and cottage arts emporium if you are into handicrafts. Pool hotel is in the next building. It did not look that inviting.

A forgettable experience.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed recently at the Raj Park and felt like I should write a quick review. The experience was excellent, from the quick response by the doorman when my taxi pulled up, to the friendly reception at check in, to the large, comfortable interior room. My room was also blissfully quiet and had a great view of the city.
Food is was quite good,and the bar has a wide variety of drinks. I saw a range of customers, from families with small kids to older businessmen. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Free Wifi service upto 100 MB download per day is available.. make sure to collect the Username and password for wifi connection from the reception
Overall my experience was great and looking forward to staying there again soon !!

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are the best !
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nithya R
RajPark, Front Office Manager at Raj Park Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

27 April 2013

Dear Ms.Nithya,

Greetings from Raj Park, Chennai.

I appreciate you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip adviser. I am very much delighted to know that we have been able to meet all your expectations at our hotel.

I will definitely share your feedback with my team, for whom your feedback would give a great source of motivation.

If I can ever be of any assistance from Raj Park- Chennai, please feel free to contact me on my direct number +91 95662 22521.

Hope to see you soon at Raj Park, Chennai.

Warm regards,

John.M

Asst .Manager - Front Office
fom@rajparkchennai.com

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Have always stayed at the park sheraton next door-Stayed at the raj park during the last week of march on my last visit to chennai-totally charmed by the property-well appointed rooms,breakfast was excellent,service was unobtrusive but the staff was always there when needed-overall wonderful experience and great value for money-would definitely stay again and recommend to all my friends

• Stayed: March 2013

27 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Raj Park, Chennai.

Hope to see you soon at Raj Park, Chennai.

Warm regards,

John.M

Asst .Manager - Front Office
fom@rajparkchennai.com

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Raj Park is one of the nice business hotel in the range of 3.5 to 4K per day including tax. Its located in TTK Road where you'll find most of the shopping centres available. Raj park is
16 km's from Airport
7 Km's from Central Railway Station
5 Km's from Egmore Railway Station
10 Km's from Koyambedu Moffusil Bus Stand
3 Km's from Spencer Plaza / Mount Road.

Rooms are maintained well - Clean & tidy. They offered me an upgraded Superior room from Standard room at same tariff while checking in. Staff are courteous and helpful. Complementary Breakfast served is with several choices and delicious. Reception ambience is comparingly small and not that bright. Free Wifi service upto 100 MB download per day is available. make sure to collect the Username and password for wifi connection from the reception. Overall a good comfortable short stay.

Room Tip: Superior rooms on the 4th floor are better.
1  Thank Praveen-Timken
Reviewed April 8, 2013

located in the center of chennai.. is easily the one of the best hotels in chennai. With great rooms to suit the needs of all travelers along with business center and health center facilities.excellent service,the food is top notch, i loved the roof top pool... staffs are very help full.. the bar is one of the great watering holes in chennai with a good rage of drinks...Overall great stay..Highy recommended!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I will never make the mistake of staying here again. The Front Office Executive Mr. Karthik is rude and doesn't know how to talk to a lady. I just asked for a 2 hours extension on the 4 am check out and he said no(24 hours check in check out system). He said he would charge me half day charge of Rs.3500 if I extended my stay for another 2 hours. Where do I go at 4am in the morning?
Even the Taj hotels are more accommodating with their check out timings. But asking a lady to leave at 4am? The occupancy at the hotel was clearly low and yet they were trying to fleece me.
At the time of check-in they had charged my card 1000 rupees more than the room rent for a day. At the time of checkout they refused to refund me saying that I should leave my bank account details with them and they will refund the amount to my account. After an hour of arguing with the Front Office staff and then calling the Front Office Manager early morning I got my money back.
For Raj Park Management- My room was 317, my check in was on 27th Jan 2013 and check out was 28th Jan 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business