“This hotel is worth it's price”

Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai
Ranked #22 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Hodenhagen, Germany
“This hotel is worth it's price”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The Radission Hotel GRT Chennai is a nice, not too big hotel very close to the international airport. The rooms (and bathrooms!) are nice and very clean, the service is very good, staff is extremely friendly, the Spa can be recommended, too. The breakfast is good, but could be improved. Compared with other long-established 5 Star hotels in Chennai preferably I stay in the Radisson.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Taubeaufdemdach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Korean first
UK
Reviewed July 16, 2010

near the airport which is a good way out of the city!

it really is a very good hotel - great facilities, great restaurants. its got a spa which is always nice!

very well run hotel - i didnt have any problems at all and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I made an online reservation to this hotel for 2 days with a request for early check in and airport pick up almost 20 days prior to departure from US. I did receive a reservation confirmation very next day. There was no mention of any additional charge for the early check in or airport pick up.
The day I landed in Chennai I could not find the car then I had to call the hotel but then immediately they arranged the driver to meet me in the airport.
Once I reached the hotel, the room was allotted and the condition of room cleanliness you can see in the attached pictures. I had to call house keeping to clean that first.
When I checked my email later that day, they reservation department send me an email charging for one additional day for the early check in! There was no point in talking to the reservation desk even by providing the proof of my reservation for 2 days which has request for early check in and I was not intimated of any additional charge.
Anyways, I provided all the details to my US credit card company on my return to take appropriate action as this is real cheating by committing something to the customer and then making money out of them when there is no choice for customer after arriving the hotel in a different country.
I would have chosen better hotels near by the airport if they had mentioned about this additional day charge at the time of reservation.
Anyways I feel shame to the management tone of maintaining such tone of management to make unjustified enrichment with their customers.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
vikramcotah, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Dear Mr Rajesh,

I was very perturbed on seeing your feedback on my Hotel on the trip advisor which is our most important feedback system. At the outset ,I would like to apologise for you perception of the hotel and the experience. I just wanted to clarify and offer you a solution.

Since then, I have accessed your stay records: On 21st 'May : 15 :47 hrs, Shipra our reservation asst. had followed up on your reservation on your arrival on 23rd May and asked for flight details. You had responded on on 23rd May 18.54pm as QR 0264 arriving at 3.30 am. On 22nd May:9:54 am Shipra responded that you will be charged for an extra day as you are checking in very early and we have a 12 noon checkin policy and we have to hold a room for you overnight to allow you a very early morning check in. This is a very reasonable request as we were not aware at the time of your initial booking that you are going to check in very early and neither did you mention your arrival details in your initial mails for us to warn you.
We also have clear records that Ravi,our airport coordinator received you on your arrival and you have travelled in our complimentary airport pick up service in car no.TN09 AS 2526. Our logs shows usual activity. Please let me know if this is correct as per my records for us to fine tune our operations.
I am sorry that you did not find our housekeeping to high standards and I have taken this up with my team.

We all at the Radisson Hotels believe in the Radisson philosphy of "Yes I can" service and our brand promise of 100% guest satisfaction gaurantee and that the guest perception is the reality. Under this purview, I would like to offer you a refund of the 1 night stay amount ( excluding Govt.taxes) as a service recovery effort or send you a voucher for a complimentary room night for your future stays. Please let us know how we can go facilitate the refund or the voucher as per your choice.

I assure you our best intentions and our very best services on your future stays and thank you for the feedback which will enable us to fine tune our services to exceed expectations of our guests everytime.

Regards,

Vikram Cotah
Vice President
Radisson Hotel GRT Chennai
e-mail: vikramcotah@radissongrt.com
mumbai
Reviewed July 2, 2010

value for money, good hotel, plush large rooms, no tower-type building. good staff. clean and neat place. Buffet breakfast should start EARLY at 5:00 AM because it is an airport hotel. close to airport - you can see flights landing from porch. The huge MASSAGE chair in the room is great. I slept so well after the self-help massage session.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
vikramcotah, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, July 11, 2010
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are enthused to serve you better the next time to exceed your expectations.

regards,

Vikram Cotah
Vice President
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I used this hotel for business and found this to be one of the better hotels that I have stayed in for business in chennai.

When you walk in the decor is slightly old fashioned, but the rooms are very spacious and have everything you require.

The hotel itself also has good facilities.

Staff were always very helpful and friendly

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
india
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Stayed for 2 days. The ambience was good. Overall a nice experience.

Ghent
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I have been 3 times to Radisson GRT so far and it has all the comfort you want on European standard. The beds are superb & the service inpecable.There's a large buffet for breakfast in the morning with plenty of choice for everyone. I also asked for a massage and a facial and I was pampered like a queen. All people help you incredibly well if you need anything.
Keep notes of 10 and 50 roupies ready for the people bringing your suitcase to your room, they do expect that. I have no complaints whatsoever about this beautiful and luxurious hotel.Be prepared to pay rates of 120 euro's or a little more but you get value for your money.
Ingrid.