“Great hotel - exceeded expectations”

Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai
Ranked #21 of 393 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
“Great hotel - exceeded expectations”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at Radisson Blu for just one night and the hotel more than lived up to our expectations. Right from a quick check-in to courteous staff at all points, it was indeed a pleasure. The choice of cuisines available is excellent and we only wished we had stayed longer to explore their offerings. Special mention of the spa manager, Ms. Vijaya who was very helpful and polite. Its proximity to the airport makes it a fantastic choice for the busy traveller.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Sir,

We are thrilled to see your positive feedback on the Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !” .

Mobile: 9840741379

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Korean first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We checked in to this hotel after an awful experience at The Metropolitan and this was such a welcome relief. The rooms were very clean, the service was superior and the restaurants and other facilities were top-notch.

Its only drawback is its location. If you are doing business in City Centre, then you need to allow for a lot of extra time to get to meetings. Other than that, I cannot say enough good things about it. We will be using it the next time we have meetings in Chennai.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Radisson Blu is a great hotel close to Chennai airport. Recently stayed there overnight with my family. Very good Hospitality, helpful staff. Rooms are decent, clean and has everything required.
But the bathrooms are not spick and span as expected in a 5 star. The rest rooms in the loby too were not clean which is quite astonishing for such a hotel! Hence my 4 starr rating.
Had dinner in the Kebab Factory and a breakfast. The food is awesome.
Great for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had called ahead to the hotel to request a pick-up at the airport and was in the lobby checking in with 10 minutes of walking out the door of the airport. Room was nicely appointed, very clean and had everything I needed. Breakfast has a wide variety of western and Indian items to pick from and was a good value. I'm a regular visitor to a health clubs in the US and I found the hotel fitness center to be far better equipped than most other hotel fitness centers. Pool is very nice and large. The close location to the airport is HUGE.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Paris, France
Reviewed February 11, 2014

After reading the feedback i decided to book the room in Radisson Blu. After sending lot of mails Mr. Shridhar responded each and every mail. As my daughter first time coming to india to attend small function in Ashram in Pondicherry. In my mail i mention that room to be book and also we need airport pick up service for my daughter. All the details we require in email which we requested and we got. We mention our daughter number so Travel desk will send the driver details to us. Which Mr. Warren done perfectly. Driver came to pick up to my driver and bring to the hotel although it is late night all the procedures is already done. My daughter slept nice as good room is alloted after the long journey from Frankfurt. After the departure we get the intimation from shridhar through mail that our daughter is check out from the hotel in morning.

We never feel that our daughter is in strange city and specially take care by Shridhar and Warren and entire front desk team.

Thanks to the management to giving the home feel that solo Travellers (Single Lady Guest) without scare they will stay any where. I will recommend the hotel to my friends and we will come in group in the month of May although the schedule is not decided but still after confirming the schedule we will intimate to the reservation who will take care us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, August 10, 2014

Thrissur, India
Reviewed February 11, 2014

rooms are clean,extremely well equipped, but a little cramped. small but comfortable bed. washrooms clean and equipped with all the toiletries that you need.
good food in the 24 hour restaurant and a good breakfast.
very polite and helpful staff

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 8, 2014

As usual, checked in here for a night. This is the only decent hotel near chennai airport hence booked it. They gave me a business class room in 12500 (200 usd) for a night!! now that is really expensive!!
Arrival : Reception is very well appointed and so is the lobby. Front desk checked in about 6 mins. Good thing is they gave two coupons for free liquor (one shot) or a beer along with discount coupons on their spa and other facilities.

Room : Not to my taste. More of medieval nature than elegant and contemporary. Lots of mahogany-like wood and absence of modern touch. Bed width must be around 5 feet only. Cant call it a double bed at all!.. Electronics are though very updated and modern. I loved the washroom as it was equipped with all toiletries you may need. A hand washer with commode too!!

Service : I checked in around 2330 hours and was wondering about the kitchen. They have a 24 hour menu that serves most nationalities here. Quick and polite, the room service is to be appreciated.

Dining : Didn't get time to explore the restaurants here. Though the room service menu appeared to be one of the most costliest here in India. Overall it compensated on taste afterwards.

General : initially they gave me a non-smoking room but then shifted to a smoking one within minutes. Really Appreciative.

Tips : For most of the services you ask, they tend to say "NO SAAR" although they really do it and go beyond their limits later.

I have to explore other hotels as well here in channei for comparison.

Please click on helpful vote if you found this review interesting...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank aceaskn
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback on the Trip Advisor on your recent stay at our hotel. I will convey the positive aspects of your stay to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !”

I have also noted the issues you have highlighted with concern and will ensure that corrective action is taken as soon as possible.

We look forward to welcome you back and assure you our best services at all times.

Best regards,