WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Good hotel with good service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai

Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai
Ranked #20 of 380 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
India
“Good hotel with good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Was on a official trip to Chennai and stayed here for a week. Nice hotel with comfortable rooms and good location. Food is ok and you can get north indian taste which you rarely find in Chennai. Breakfast have lots of option. Overall worth staying

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are thrilled to see your positive feedback on the Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !” .

Mobile: 9840741379

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

very warm and friendly staff. best in class. hotel is an old building and requires to be done-up. doesnt give a contemporary look. like the lift, for instance is very old fashioned, the furniture inside the room like the set-top box, bath tub was repaired one which is unacceptable, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

We have noted your comments on the conditions and we are happy to tell you that we have embarked on a massive refurbisment and you will be amazed with the facilities the next time.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed here couple of times, I mostly do a morning evening run to Chennai. The best thing about this hotel is the Airport transfer and their Airport Co ordinator (Both the times it was Durga Rao) makes sure that you will have the comfirtable stay at the property. The departure services is a great initiative which Radisson Blu has started and it ensures the smooth check in at Chennai's new departure terminal. Food and other services are also very good.

Dear Mr Chetan

Pune
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed 2 rather unusualy uncomfotable nights at the Radisson by the Airport in Chennai, In June-13,. The check-in, the reception etc all are very good, however the odd part is the room Aircon system.

It is preset by the Hotel at 22 deg C, and There was no way I could change it to my comfort level.22 was hot for me at that time of the year and I didnt quite get to sleep at all.

Strangely, The Hotel staff didnt have a solution too.

Hopefully they find a way out soon. till such time, maybe anothe r place to stay in Chennai for me..

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank msnpune
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback on the Trip Advisor on your recent stay at our hotel.

I have noted the issues you have highlighted on the air conditioning with concern and will ensure that corrective action is taken as soon as possible.

We look forward to welcome you back and assure you our best services at all times.

Best regards,

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

One of the best business hotels I have been to. Eye for detail in all aspects of hospitality is truly comendable. Neat ,clean rooms with super fast internet. Breakfast served in coffee shop is true delight. I will surely recommend the hotel for stay in Chennai.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Mr Kapil

Jodhpur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is situated very close to the airport and is very modern, with International standards. The buffet dinner they serve is excellent with a choice of International cuisine .The spa is very good. The staff is very very friendly and polite.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have a better view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr Raghubana

New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I really liked this hotel during my one-night stay for business. The location is convenient - near the airport - as it helps in easy access instead of being caught in downtown traffic jams if one has rush-hour flights. And my rent included complimentary airport transfers as well, which was good.

I think they only have two floors and my room didn't have a great view but not a big issue for me though.

Although the room wasn't too big, it felt cosy - mainly because of the ambience around - lot of wood in the room and the corridors, something which one misses in modern day hotels that have more steel furniture. The bed had side curtains!!

I liked the fact that they have a full massage chair in the room although I didn't have time to use their spa despite being offered 15 minute free foot massage and some discounts in the spa. However, must say, found their spa massage prices are a bit too steep.

The service was excellent and the food was very good. Noteworthy is the fact that they chef - who makes your in-room meal - sends a signed card to acknowledge that he/she made the meal.
Even the guy who prepared your bathroom leaves a signed card there, which is quite an interesting idea. However, I am not sure how many visitors would like the idea of having body gel and shampoo filled in pump bottles for one to press and use instead of having small individual bottles, I didn't mind it though as seemed a good way to conserve plastic bottles and waste of gels etc.

They also have an in-room shopping menu if you forget your batteries, diapers, socks etc, or even want to buy Radisson towels and bathrobes, which I found for the first time in any hotel.

The breakfast place also had a old heritage kind of feel with nice comfy chairs and reasonably good food.

Only complaint is the limited number of channels they have - news, music etc I mean English channels. I couldn't visit their Kebab factory or their other joints there - maybe next time.

I would surely stay in Radisson Blu next time I visit Chennai.

1 Thank santanurocks