“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai

Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai
Ranked #18 of 372 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Jodhpur, India
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is situated very close to the airport and is very modern, with International standards. The buffet dinner they serve is excellent with a choice of International cuisine .The spa is very good. The staff is very very friendly and polite.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have a better view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Mr Raghubana

We are thrilled to see your positive feedback on the Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !” .

Mobile: 9840741379

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Korean first
New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I really liked this hotel during my one-night stay for business. The location is convenient - near the airport - as it helps in easy access instead of being caught in downtown traffic jams if one has rush-hour flights. And my rent included complimentary airport transfers as well, which was good.

I think they only have two floors and my room didn't have a great view but not a big issue for me though.

Although the room wasn't too big, it felt cosy - mainly because of the ambience around - lot of wood in the room and the corridors, something which one misses in modern day hotels that have more steel furniture. The bed had side curtains!!

I liked the fact that they have a full massage chair in the room although I didn't have time to use their spa despite being offered 15 minute free foot massage and some discounts in the spa. However, must say, found their spa massage prices are a bit too steep.

The service was excellent and the food was very good. Noteworthy is the fact that they chef - who makes your in-room meal - sends a signed card to acknowledge that he/she made the meal.
Even the guy who prepared your bathroom leaves a signed card there, which is quite an interesting idea. However, I am not sure how many visitors would like the idea of having body gel and shampoo filled in pump bottles for one to press and use instead of having small individual bottles, I didn't mind it though as seemed a good way to conserve plastic bottles and waste of gels etc.

They also have an in-room shopping menu if you forget your batteries, diapers, socks etc, or even want to buy Radisson towels and bathrobes, which I found for the first time in any hotel.

The breakfast place also had a old heritage kind of feel with nice comfy chairs and reasonably good food.

Only complaint is the limited number of channels they have - news, music etc I mean English channels. I couldn't visit their Kebab factory or their other joints there - maybe next time.

I would surely stay in Radisson Blu next time I visit Chennai.

1 Thank santanurocks
Dear Mr Santan

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Proximity to the airport and a complimentary airport pick & drop prompted me to select the Radisson Blu over The Trident, which is in the same neighbourhood.
The experience began at the airport itself, when the chauffeur handed me the checkin forms and the room keycard!
The lobby itself was a bit small, but the staff was extremely warm and courteous, which was a big BIG positive. My travel companion asked for a hard bed - his request was promptly serviced.
The room was spacious, but I did find the antique wardrobe a bit out of place. Despite this the room gave an extremely comforting, warm and cozy feeling. A few complimentary chocolates and fruit gave a nice touch to the whole experience.
We had dinner at the The Great Kebab Factory, which was excellent and delectable.
Breakfast the next morning was again great - a nice variety of conventional and exotic fruits, cold cuts and cheeses was on offer. I was pleasantly surprised to see an oriental spread also on offer - congee, sushi and noodles!
Overall it was a pleasant stay at the Radisson Blu!

• 5 of 5 stars
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai, responded to this review, June 18, 2013

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Convenient hotel being close to Chennai airport. I experienced good food, both Indian and european and many options in the breakfast. Also very quick room-service. The fitness room was impressive, Very good overall

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Good property, great service, good food & affordable price!!
Pleasant rooms, warm service, great staff, food at the TGKF (The Great Kabab Factory) is overpriced, should be lesser by 30%.
Ideal for people in-transit to the city (cause of it's location, which makes it very close to the airport) or for people visiting Chennai on business.
In case you are visiting for pleasure / holidays, perhaps a hotel, more in the interiors of the city is advisable.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to "Business Class" rooms, come with access to the lounge (11am to 11pm) wi...

Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was on a very hectic and short visit to Chennai, was looking for a good place. Their location, staff, express check-in, check-out, food everything was good. Though I didn't visit their signature restaurant the great kabab factory is another reason for foodies :-)

• Stayed June 2013

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is an 'old style and charm' feel hotel, located very close to the airport (10 mins drive during non peak hours; otherwise, heavy traffic and ongoing metro works on the main road facing the hotel brings brings traffic to a crawl. The hotel architecture and decor resplendent with marble flooring and wooden furniture/ paneling welcomes you with a rich and warm ambience the moment you step into the hotel, I also liked the dancers paintings hung along the walkways to the hotel rooms. Rooms are well furnished, clean and comfortable. Staff are warm and friendly. Food at the the Garden Cafe was good, Did not get to dine at the Great Kebab Factory as they were fully booked for the evening. Overall, a charming and comfortable old style hotel to stay at when you are in Chennai.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business