“little disappointing”

Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai
Ranked #22 of 393 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“little disappointing”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

my husband and i stayed here for a day. the hotel overall and the room is quite lovely. service was prompt but little confused. swimming pool was a disappointment, especially with it being in full view of one of the restaurants. Garden cafe had decent food. but it really is a pain to order in the room. nobody is sure of the what can be delivered and what cant be! and for over an hour, the menu just did not arrive
The AC just did not work and it got quite warm in the closed room.
foot massage was quite quite relaxing!
overall a little disappointing

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback on the Trip Advisor on your recent stay at our hotel. I will convey the positive aspects of your stay to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !”

I have also noted the issues you have highlighted with concern and will ensure that corrective action is taken as soon as possible.

We look forward to welcome you back and assure you our best services at all times.

Best regards,

Sr. Vice President

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Korean first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed May 25, 2013

had a terrible time in Hotel radission blu. the cost is very high 1370 per head. very small numbers of dishes. not at the level . previously had a wonderful time in Marina Towers Egmore for just 500 bugs. but here its terrible both as money and taste and variety ...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Ravinder,

I have noted the issues you have highlighted on the buffet and the value for money ,with concern and will ensure that corrective action is taken as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Calicut, India
Reviewed May 24, 2013

RIght from when I arrived into the porch at around 10 pm, the service was exemplary. The girl at the reception, Dheeraj was very efficient and helpful to check me in. They infact upgraded my room as well. The room was very good with all facilities where I could work for a couple of hours to the bedroom. When i woke up in the morning, i called reception for check out and the person was immediately there to help with my bags. Breakfast was also good. Except one guy (no minus marks because of him as others made it up) at the restaurant, be it managers or stewards, they were waiting on all the tables and asking if we wanted anything. When i went to the reception, the same girl was back on duty at 8 am after a late night shift and same smile, ready to help.

Was a good experience for me staying at an airport hotel with such good service.

Kudos to all...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are thrilled to see your positive feedback on the Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !” .

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a luxury treat after backpacking around India for 3 months and we weren't disappointed. We paid around 6600 rupees for 1 night for a deluxe room. The room was extremely well appointed and well thought out down to every last detail. The staff are helpful and friendly and the service is excellent.

Our flight wasn't until the evening on the day we checked out and they kindly allowed us a late check out at no extra charge.

The location is handy for the airport and they offer free airport pickup/drop-off.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard B
Dear Mr Richard,

Singapore
Reviewed May 18, 2013

To the Owner of Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai @ St Thomas Mount,

We write to you to express our appreciation & gratitude for the excellent customer service received from the employees in Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai. My husband & I recently came to your hotel for a holiday stay. It was our first time in Chennai. Our experience was one of the most satisfying we have ever had. And we thought we should write to let you know how extremely pleased We are with it.

The service went far above and beyond my expectations. I was simply blown away by the excellent sense of urgency & immediate attention by all your staff who attended to me on my last day of check-out. Their professionalism & ability to get to the bottom of the situation quickly exceeded my expectations. I was very sick, high fever & shivering under the hot sun, and had 2 hours to catch my flight. Your staff rushed me to the nearest hospital (Balaji), where I was given emergency treatment. They accompanied me to the treatment room & I was unconscious. Knowing that I will miss my flight, which I did, they extended my check out time until 7pm without charging me but ensuring me to get full rest before I depart to Singapore. Shama & Nathan made calls to ensure I can get another flight.

Such a commitment to great customer service must be commended. You can be sure that my husband & I, will continue to come to your hotel in years to come. We highly recommend this hotel to all tourists/visitors coming to Chennai for the excellent service provided by all staff. Starting from the security guard, bellmen/women, front desk counter until the room service. PREFECT! Simply can’t ask for more!
Morning guards on duty on 12 May 2012 & Front Desk Counter Staff, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! THOUSAND APOLOGISES FOR NOT GETTING YOUR NAMES!

MR.AKHIL, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

MR.SWAMINATHAN, THANK YOU FOR BEING THE BEST F1 DRIVER! VERY FAST BUT SAFE!

MS.SHAMA PARWEEN, THANK YOU FOR BEINGWITH ME FROM THE HOTEL, TO HOSPITAL, IN THE TREATMENT ROOM, TO AIRPORT, BACK TO HOTEL BECAUSE I MISS THE FLIGHT. YOU & DRIVER SWAMINATHAN NEVER LEFT MY SIDE.

Thank you for your saving my life in the nick time and outstanding excellent service. God bless you guys and keep up with the great work.

Yours sincerely,

Vachala & V.Makali
Singapore

Room Tip: Very Clean & Comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vachala
Dear Ms Vachala and Mr Makali,

We are thrilled to see your detailed positive feedback on the Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !” .

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This being the closest hotel to the airport and since I had work near the airport, decided to stay for one night. Prior to booking I thought this to be a hotel for business travelers, but I was really surprised at what the hotel turned out to be. This happened to be one of the finest experiences in hospitality and dining. At check-in the front-desk staff accommodated the request for a late check-out and every time I met a hotel staff in the corridor and asked them where the restaurant is or the spa is, they would go out of the way and accompany you all the way and make sure you are comfortable. The dining experience in the restaurant Great Kebab Factory was unique. They not only serve excellent food, but also provide you an explanation of what is being served and guidance on what sauce to use for each type of kebab. If you stay in this hotel, do not miss the Kebab Factory experience. The sleep quality is very good with thick drapes which close completely. I was tired after my long flight and had a restful sleep during the day.

The only improvement I can suggest is the toilet seat height. It should be lower than how it is now. :)

2 Thank lortel
Dear Mr Lortel,

We noticed your comment on the height of the toilet seat. We will initiate action to rectify this.

salem
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Excellent experience, Good service and friendly staffs. Three Restaurant's with different cuisines are enjoyable. Swimming pool/gym/spa with 24 Hrs. facility are excellent. Good ambience and facilities. Look forward for next visit and recommend to others.

Room Tip: pool view rooms are good