“Good rooms with worst service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Vijay Park Hotel Chennai

and 1 more site!
The Vijay Park Hotel Chennai
Ranked #298 of 386 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bengaluru, India
“Good rooms with worst service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I prefer this place for my official visits (2 nights every month) to Chennai.
Reception and room are very big and well furnished.
Room service is very bad. Some time you will get good linens and towels and @ times really bad ones.
They do not maintain a system. Staff quality is very low.
I do go there as have to spent few night hours only in the hotel and they do give a very attractive corporate discount to us.
Again telling you the rooms are big and well furnished

Room Tip: All rooms are same except suits which i have never tried
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Czech first
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for three nights last December (2011). It was clean and quiet nothing special. What impressed me the most: how far it was shopping or someplace interesting and how unpleasant the surrounding area was. Not great for traveling by foot. There was a wedding one night we were there, but it did not interfere with us.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Mysuru (Mysore), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

The hotel is located about 1km away from the Koyambedu bus terminus, making this a hotel of choice for the business traveler. this was the third time I stayed here, and these are things that actually happened to me:

1. this is a 24 hr check in check out hotel. I checked in at 10 20 PM and at 10 30 PM ordered 2 bottles of beer and fries. after repeated calls, i finally got the beer at 11 45 PM!!!!

2. the next morning, i ordered for 2 cups of coffee to the room, which never got served!

3. At the restaurant, during the buffet breakfast, i ordered a double egg omelette from the eggs to order, which again was never served!!!

4. the power supply at my room tripped repeatedly, making the stay a horrible one.

5. Last but not the least, I ordered room service lunch at 1 15 PM and lunch was served at their own leisure: at 3 PM!!!

all in all, really horrible stay. I have finally decided to book some other hotel the next time, even if i end up paying a little more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on May for 10 days. The hotel is located in a prime location and could be easily located. Almost all the taxi's, auto drivers know this place. In the airport you only need to say the Hotel name and they will take you down there. Average rate for ordinary cab to this hotel from airport is 350 INR. But there is another group who operate only Innova cars for which they charge you 650 INR from Airport to Hotel.
Autos are not available inside the airport so you have to go out to get one. But they will also ask you almost 300 - 400. So better get a prepaid airport taxi and reach to the location.
The reception people are friendly and assisted me in a good way. But my arrival was at night 24:00 hrs so there was no one to help me with my baggage. Not a big issue.
The rooms were neat and tidy. A hot water kettle was there in my room but no coffee / tea powder was provided.
The room rate included of breakfast. A variety of choices were available for breakfast. I could see only one restaurant - Kollywood. There is a bar at the 7th floor (I hope it’s on 7th floor). An average one. Not that much crowded.
Wi-fi internet is available on all floors but the floor which I stayed the modem was not working. Speed is good and you can use the same from the reception.
This hotel is very famous for marriage functions with 10 halls for the same. So expect huge crowd in the hotel reception / lifts etc during these days. Especially on Sundays. You may find little bit difficulty in getting access to lifts some times. Nothing can be done. Just wait or rush into the next available one because those people won’t even look who came first and all.
The lunch was also good and again varieties of choices are available.
Over all the hotel is value for the money that you pay. My suggestion is go for it. It’s a safe place.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Sorry to say

A) Poor Room Service
B) Poor reception staff
C) Food tasted pretty bad - Sometimes stale too

Overall i would not recommend this hotel persoanlly...its only for ppl who conduct marriages there..not for travellers like me

Keep away if you can please do not want to hear and rectify their mistakes too.Still if you would like to try, all the best.Read this once more before you checkin

Iam sure you will get properties in koyambedu and near by.I would personally suggest Royal Plaza in central and Savera in Mylapore

Room Tip: simply to say poor service
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pvgp1978

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Beau Bassin - Rose Hill
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I kept dwelling should I write my review about the Vijay Park Hotel or not. After much thoughts I have decided that I should contribute and warn travellers not to waste their money on this hotel. I still recall my last stay in the same hotel some yrs back which was great at that time. So I did my booking through Makemytrip for one week stay. As I finished ahead of my travel plan so I checked earlier and paid for the additional days. I was given a room where the water kept leaking from the bathtub and I could easily slip on the floor.It was an ordeal to have a shower. Housekeeping took my complaint but nothing was done. I had to request the front desk to shift me to another room. Alas in the other room another mishap was awaiting me bees kept flying inside the room as soon as I opened the window. To get an insect killer spray from Housekeeping took hours! Finally they sent a boy who told me that there was only one spray at the reception, and it was nearly empty. The poor chap .took a towel to kill the bees I can still revive that scene!. There is a restaurant at ground floor, I thought of having lunch & dinner there. Nice decors & staff. However I had a big surprise to see rats racing around the table & I had to put my legs on the chair. This made me so sick and I informed Reataurant Head and he just looked at me. Since that day I could bare eat and I decided to check out much ahead, so I approached the Manager of Operations, Mr L.Hari Krishnan to ask him to adjust the accounts accordingly. He explained that he can't do much I must request the Makemy trip agent to refund me. He will respond positively when they contact him Back to my country I sent a request to the Makemyrtip helpdesk about it. I was blatant shocked to get a reply that Mr L.Hari Krishnan had declined to remit back the funds. I kept sending him emails which he never responded. The hotel pocketed the amount for their own ends. In my humble opinion that the Hotel needs more professionalism and renovation as the interior has gone very shabby and more hygiene is required. For us foreigners it is not much to ask for the comfort when we pay the price for a room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jyot269
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

An average hotel let down badly by the reception staff. We had arranged a hotel car to take us to the railway station at 5am with the reception staff the previous day and had confirmed it with them the previous evening only to be told at 5am that there was no car. The evening buffet was overpriced, overcooked and lacking in choice. At breakfast we even had to ask for cutlery as there were only forks laid out on the table. There is a kettle in the room but no cups or tea/coffee/milk/sugar ?? There were only a limited number of TV stations that were clear enough to watch and fewer still in English. The location of the hotel is not even a redeeming feature and of the dozen or so hotels stayed in by us in India on this trip this was by far and away the worst.

Room Tip: Choose one elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple