It's a nice heritage hotel. Some parts of it feel a bit old and in need of an upgrade. The breakfast is really good and the service is great. The halls are dotted with old photographs which are fascinating to look at. There is also a board just outside the lobby noting the history of the hotel. Overall, a pretty good hotel and the location is good too. The room was decent. I only stayed a night on this trip so didn't really matter much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai