I stayed at Taj Connemara along with a group of my students as part of the 34th World University Debating Championship. The hotel was filled with students as well as a few other guests. Amazing service! Within walking distance to great shopping. Rickshaws available right outside or hotel can arrange taxis. Staff were very accommodating in all areas! Small gym but great for working out and very nice secluded pool. Cleaning staff on 3rd floor went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Buffet looked amazing but we didn't get to eat there as the WUDC student group was provided with a private breakfast area which was more like a continental breakfast! Would definitely recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today, it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, DerbySoftTaj, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai