I stayed 3 nights at this hotel arriving very early a.m. Reception was great and the room was extremely comfortable. Wonderful large swimming pool which is a nice relief from the heat and dirt of Chennai. The breakfast at Verandah is enormous and I tried two of the other restaurants for dinner, both great. (Hip Asia has a variety of choices from Thai to Vietnamese and Raintree is a great introduction to south Indian cuisine). The staff was wonderful throughout the hotel. The desk clerk even offered to set up an appointment for a massage at the neighboring Taj Club House hotel when the in-hotel spa was booked. He even offered to take me across the street himself if I was nervous about walking on my own. This is a historic old hotel (totally renovated) and make sure to look at the wonderful photos from the 1930s displayed all around the hotel. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Indian Hotels Company Limited, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai